HCG levels at 4-5 weeks?

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

HCG levels at 4-5 weeks?

Postby niclet » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:21 am

Hi ladies,
I am here and can not find the right "scared" word to describe how I feel about it. Terrified just does not seem to cover it really. I am sure you all can relate. I have had 2 losses. My 1st was a suspected ectopic that was never confirmed because my levels never rose about 350. My last was a missed abortion at 9 weeks. The heart just stopped beating. I had to do IUI to get preggers with my beautiful daughter. I am now 5 weeks pregnant again, without trying, and without fertility treatments. I know I should feel SO happy about that....but I am so damn worried tha I can not get there!! I worry over EVERYTHING to the point that I can not eat! If I don't "feel" pregnant, I worry...if I do, I worry...I am just a huge ball of stress. My question is with my HCG levels. I had some tugging on my right ovary a few days ago, which put me on google (worst thing ever when you worry) because I could not remember if I felt that with DD. Everything I read said my levels are great so not ectopic. My Dr. said they were great and is not worried...where were you guys at the 4-5 week mark?

9dpo: found out we were pregnant in routine bloodwork HCG 17
11dpo: 52
14dpo: 342
4 weeks 4 days (last Friday): 1604

Numbers are doubling in 30 hours...but I acidentally read Molar Pregnancy online and FREAKED....are these high enough to worry about a Molar?? Any help would be appreciated! I fricken HATE google! :mad:
I went from worrying about an Ectopic to a Molar in under 30 minutes. I am really bad off guys...God, I should be so happy....WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??? :cry:
My DD at 11 weeks 3 Days. I love this US pic!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
niclet
Angel
Angel

Re: HCG levels at 4-5 weeks?

Postby Ariadne » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:22 am

The pain near your ovary is most likely from a luteal cyst. They are a normal and healthy part of pregnancy, but sometimes cause some pain early on.

Your beta levels are totally normal with good doubling times. They would likely be much higher with a molar pregnancy. Mine were even higher than yours (12K at 23dpo, 20K at 25dpo) and I just have one healthy baby in there.

I know it's hard (I had a loss in June and have had a lot of bleeding with this pregnancy) but you have to try to relax and think positive thoughts about this pregnancy. Everything is going well! Your doctor even thinks so!
:angel: June 2012
BFP August 15th, 2012 (8dpo!) | EDD April 30, 2013 We're having a GIRL! :babyg:
Ariadne
Star Member
Star Member

Postby macleesy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:50 am

Just breathe hun. Big hugs. There are so many things to worry about, but none of them are within your control. Just give it over to God, or whoever you feel safe entrusting your worries to.

Everything you are describing looks perfect. Your little bean is perfect. Whatever may come, this moment in time is perfect.
Lisa
Erin Nicole19 Dec 07
Annah Paige 2 Jan 11
Connor John 26 May to 7 Aug 09
My beautiful angel. :angel: So far from my reach, but so close to my heart.

macleesy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby niclet » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:40 am

Thanks ladies,
I guess all I have been feeling is normal and I just do not remember feeling it with my DD. I went yesterday and had an early US done to make sure it was in the right place b/c of my history of ectopic. We saw a gestational sac measuring 5.7 mm, perfect for the end of 4 weeks. Of course, too soon to see anything else. Thanks for your kind words. I think I can relax as much as possible for this moment! :?

niclet
Angel
Angel

Postby charissav » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Congrats! I'm hoping for a happy healthy pregnancy for you! I'm in a similar boat, 4 weeks pregnant after a miscarriage (miscarried 9/9/12, no AF since then), but my HCG and progesterone levels are much lower. I'm terrified that I will lose this pregnancy too :(. HCG is 75, progesterone 5.5, tested at 15DPO (I think. Could have the o day wrong because of the m/c). Will know some more once I test again (scheduled for Saturday). Just very nervous, and also having some cramping and twinges in my ovaries. Hoping I can learn how to calm down--I hate google too... :(
charissav

Postby niclet » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:06 am

I am so sorry to hear you are not feeling well with this pregnancy. It is very soon after your mc so it is totally normal to freak out. Are they sure your levels went back to zero and these are not just overflow numbers? Did you have a period after? I will be praying for you. Please keep us posted. Also, are they going to give you progesterone supplements? Easy fix for low progesterone

niclet
Angel
Angel

Postby baby3c » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:20 am

Sending positive vibes your way, I totally get what you are going through. I've had a few losses myself, and I feel like I won't feel "safe" until I'm at week 37!!! I guess the silver lining is that we are being watched more closely. I just had my first u/s (7w) yesterday, and the doc had me reschedule another one in 2 weeks. Just think of everyday as a miracle, and enjoy it as much as possible!
baby3c
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Pregnant After a Loss