Scared

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Scared

Postby jamiebelle » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:19 am

Hi

i'm new here as i am 5weeks 6 days..... I am so scared. I had a chemical last March and then mc at 10 weeks last fall.

Last time I felt terrible, felt sick, woke up in the middle of the night with food cravings (spam and tater tots) couldn't face coffee (which i live on) then all of a sudden felt normal again. After 2 weeks of spotting, I mc during the night. My DH was really good and sat up with me. Who wants to go to ER at 3am on a Saturday?? It only took an hour or so and I had some strong painkillers but it was stil raelly painful.

Whats worrying me now is that -

- what if it happens again? I don't know how I'll cope, or how DH will cope.
- I don't feel pregnant at all. I did last time. I feel no different at all. And its scaring me. I also have a bit of a phobia about being sick so am terrified of morning sickness hitting me.

just wanted some support really and some encouragement. I have moments of clarity where i feel like if its going to happen again it will and if its going to be ok it will but those moments pass and i'm back to being scared again
jamiebelle

Re: Scared

Postby maz882 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:40 pm

I'm so sorry for what you've been though Hun. It is worrying and I guess it will be until you're safely out of the first trimester. But as much as you worry about not having much in the way of symptoms, this is completely normal. I mc'd at 10 weeks in October, had symptoms that time, had none this pregnancy and nearly at second tri with a successful 10 week scan. Just th and relax as much as you can. Best of luck Hun it's hard but it will all be ok xx
Mc at 10 weeks October 2012
Jamie Arthur born September 3rd, 8ib 4oz!
maz882
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Rosie-o » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi Jamiebelle, I'm sorry for your losses hun. I do understand the stress and anxiety around a new pregnancy after a loss (or more than one- check my sig!). I was hugely anxious until I saw our baby at an 8 week scan. I then made a HUGE effort to not let my brain get carried away. Stressing about it won't make a loss any easier if it does happen- I've just decided I'm going to prepare for the best and if the worst happens I'll deal with that then.

Symptoms wise- each pregnancy is different! I've felt sick and not sick differently with each pregnancy. And morning sickness doesn't typically start until 6 weeks at the earliest. It's not a sign of a sticky baby. Is it possible to get a few betas done to reassure yourself things are going along ok? Are you getting an early scan? I find little check points are really helpful and you just have to work your butt off to not let your brain run away with the "what if's". Hard I know!!!

Take care.
xx
Me: 31
DH: 30
DD1: 2nd Feb 2010
:angel2: Sept 2011 @ 9 weeks
DD2: stillborn March 2012
DS: 31st Aug 2013
Rosie-o
Star Member
Star Member

Postby hopeinside » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:11 am

I'm so very sorry for your losses, but congrats on the new pregnancy.
Worrying is normal, especially after a loss. And I honestly don't think it will ever go away, and that's okay too, but you will start to feel better as you move along. I'd speak to your doctor about doing an early scan to see that everything is okay! I agree that symptoms will change from pregnancy to pregnancy, this one being completely different could be a very good thing! Hang in there mama, and we're here if you need to talk anytime!

Me - Celeste

:angel: :angel: - Makayla & Dakota - November 2004 @ 24 weeks
:angel: Kaylee -October 2012@ 18 weeks
hopeinside
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby HawkeyeGirl18 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:48 am

I'm so sorry for your losses. I had three miscarriages and lost my triplets to incompetent cervix. After losing my fourth pregnancy, I wasn't sure how much more DH and I could take. We decided to try one more time. I really didn't feel pregnant at all the fifth time. No sore breasts, no real nausea, nothing. I was pretty tired, but that was all. I was certain that meant that I was going to miscarry again. However, everything looked perfect at my ultrasounds and now my son will be turning one this week! Hang in there and we're here whenever you have questions or need to vent. Praying you have a long, healthy pregnancy!
Me: 28 DH: 30
My blog: http://ttcwithpcosrpl.blogspot.com
8w3d :angel: 5w0d :angel: 4w3d :angel:
19w4d :angel: :angel: :angel: Triplets lost to IC 1/7/11: Cadyn (with us for for 20 minutes), Adalyn & Mikayla (born sleeping)

:hb: Our little miracle Mason arrived on February 22, 2012! :hb:

Expecting TWINS June 2014 after just one round of treatments! :shock:

HawkeyeGirl18
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss