BFP @ 11DPO...happy and terrified...support needed

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

BFP @ 11DPO...happy and terrified...support needed

Postby bevansbunch » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:35 pm

Hi ladies! My name is Ashley, I have 2 beautiful little girls 2&4 yrs old. We unexpectedly got pregnancy again in July 2012 but sadly it resulted in a loss at 11.2 weeks in Sept 2012. It has been a long road to where I am now. I am currently 5 months post MC, DH and I have been actively TTC for the past 2 cycles. And....I got my BFP this morning at 11 DPO!!!!! YAY! I am a mess of emotions right now...I am excited and elated and nervous and panic stricken that a loss will happen again....i think the fact that I was so close to the magic 12 wk mark when we lost the baby is going to make this first trimester VERY LONG. But as I approach what would have been my due date, April 5, I am glad to be pregnant. I know this in no way will replace the baby we lost, but it will make that day more bearable to know that there is A baby to be anticipated. Looking for some gal pals to help me hold it together ;)
bevansbunch

Re: BFP @ 11DPO...happy and terrified...support needed

Postby Steph1011 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:57 am

Hi Ashley! First off congrats on your BFP. It is an exciting and scary time, I know. Here is a little bit about me, my DH and I starting TTC 11/11 and I got my first BFP in January. I was diagnosed with a MMC @10 weeks, tried to wait it out naturally but ended up having a d&c 03/28. After that we waited until June to start trying again. I got 2 BFP on 1/28/13 and when I tested on the 30th it was a BFN. Drs told me it was a chemical pregnancy. So here I am with another BFP (rather a big faint positive) yesterday and another one today. I think the one from this morning looks darker though.

I completely understand all the mixed emotions that come with not just TTC after a loss but when you finally get the BFP. I too am scared out of my mind and seem to be going to the bathroom every 30 minutes to just make sure AF didn't decide to come anyway. I am praying for a sticky bean for all of us but I think it is going to be an emotional 9 months.

Are you planning to keep testing? When do you think you will call your dr? DH thinks I should wait a few days til we know for sure. The last cycle took a toll on both of us, so it's hard to know whether this is real or not.

I'm here for you!
Steph1011

Postby bevansbunch » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Well my test this morning was darker then yesterday, slightly, but darker non-the-less. I went to my general practitioner today. I usually get morning sickness before my missed period, and this time its the same. And it LASTS! I mean with my daughters I LOST 20 pounds, sick until 5 months. Today was the day AF was due and yet I have been sick to my stomach for the past 3 days. He gave me a prescription so that I can still function with my 2 & 4 yr old. Also got my paperwork to take to the lab to get my bloodwork done up. I had both girls with me today though, so I think I'll wait for tomorrow so they aren't wondering why mommies getting needles. I have to call my OB/GYN, I will do that tomorrow too. She usually doesn't see you until 8 weeks but I may request to see her sooner just to talk about some of my fears.
I think you are right, it will be an emotional 9 months for sure! But it helps having people to "talk" to on this site...people who've been there and know what you are facing. Thanks for the support and I hope I can do the same for you ;)
bevansbunch

Postby Rosie-o » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi, I'm sorry for your loss and congrats on the new pregnancy. I lost my last daughter at 20 weeks (and had 3 chemical pregnancies in between her and this one). i was so nervous until we had our first scan at 8 weeks. We had a great NT scan 4 weeks ago and I've relaxed a bit now- whatever will be will be I guess.

This board doesn't get a lot of traffic so feel free to join your due date month or if you like, I'm in a board over on the TTC forum- in buddy groups it's called rainbow babies and BFP's and everyone there is either trying or preg after a loss.

Take care :)
Me: 31
DH: 30
DD1: 2nd Feb 2010
:angel2: Sept 2011 @ 9 weeks
DD2: stillborn March 2012
DS: 31st Aug 2013
Rosie-o
Star Member
Star Member

Postby bevansbunch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Thanks Rosie-O I'll come and check you guys out :)
bevansbunch

Postby bambino1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi Ashley,
Congrats on your BFP! I'm in the same boat and looks like we will be in the same birth club too :)
I know how you feel, I had a miscarriage and D&C on 12/12/12 - it was 2 weeks of back & forth not knowing what was going on and ended at 10 weeks.

This time my betas and progesterone are looking good so far, so just thinking positive happy thoughts :). I also have a buddy group in ttc called peas in pod...you are welcome to join there too! I might check out the group Rosie mentioned too!
Me: 33 DH: 29 TTC #1 since May 2012
DS born 11-2-13
bambino1
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Rosie-o » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Feel free bambino. Great bunch of ladies. :)
Me: 31
DH: 30
DD1: 2nd Feb 2010
:angel2: Sept 2011 @ 9 weeks
DD2: stillborn March 2012
DS: 31st Aug 2013
Rosie-o
Star Member
Star Member

Postby oktober84 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:08 pm

What you are feeling is completely normal. You will have your good days and you will have your days where your heart starts to race and your palms sweat dreading your appointments. We also had a loss at 11.5 weeks in May 2012, so when I got pregnant again in August I was scared to death that something would happen. One day I was up the next it was like I was expecting something abnormal to happen. You will get teary and cry and then other days you will be elated and happy. It just comes with the territory. But we are always around to help when you just need to vent or let out the feelings. I also suggest on FB Ttc After Miscarriage. Great support group.

Good luck mama and take it one day at a time.
ME-33 DD-7 DS-3 DD-1

March 19 2009 Haley Gianna Mikaela was born 5lbs 15oz. (39+3 WEEKS)
April 11 2013-Lucas Brian Alexander 6lbs 6oz (36+4 WEEKS)
May 07 2015- Tenley Grace Daenarys 6 lbs 4oz (37 WEEKS)
Baby #4 due September 07 2017
oktober84
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss