A short story - Pregnant again after miscarriage

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

A short story - Pregnant again after miscarriage

Postby sacb » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:18 pm

December 30 2012 - I will never forget this day, this was the day I lost my first pregnancy. What was supposed to be such a joyus anniversary and christmas turned into a horrible new year.

I wanted a baby after this badly. Looking for work at times felt odd to me since I only wanted to be a mother (still feels odd, that is another post).

June 11, 2013 - Took a pregnancy test at the behest of my husband, a clear blue digital, and it said Pregnant, he was really happy. I am nervous a bit. Trying to be calm, I'm happy to be sure.

June 12, 2013 - woke up feeling a pounding in my chest, tachycardia was my first thought, and after a few hours of it pounding in my chest today, I asked my husband to take my pulse. 168 then it went down to 132, now its going down further as I'm drinking gatorade.

Now I don't know how long my cycle is each month, it varies in the range of normal. It goes from 26 days to 30 days each month with the average being 28. I'm guessing I took the test anywhere from 4 to 6 days before my expected period.

I just wanted to share, anybody else had tachycardia that fast after knowing they where pregnant? Anybody else here have trouble before you got pregnant with tachycardia? I had an episode last may.

I'm just hoping for a sticky baby. I'm trying to be calm about all of this. Any one just found out they are pregnant after a miscarriage this past weeks?
sacb
Friend

Re: A short story - Pregnant again after miscarriage

Postby asulindsi » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Hey there, I had 3 miscarriages last year. Have been seen for infertility since, had several IUI's that didnt work the past several months. We decided to a take a month off, we were in san diego for several weeks and got home Monday night, I had to potty about 12 times on the way home (which is odd for me). I went to bed and I woke up and was unpacking and noticed I had packed tampons which I never used??? Then I was like wait, I should have started a couple of days ago, SO I took a test and it popped up "Pregnant" in like 2 seconds, I was in shock! So I went to have it confirmed today and it was positive!!! Woohoo, my HCG was at 60 and needs to be 120 by Friday so hopefully this is a sticky bean!

So sorry for your loss and congrats on being pregnant! I dont have taccycardia but I have been really hot all the time and have seemed short of breath!
asulindsi

Postby sacb » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:08 pm

I got it reconfirmed today (which is only 2 to 3 days after my positive), and they told me I'm 3 weeks 4 days, which is exactly what my ticker says today. They also warned me about early pregnancy loss since they where testing before my missed period, and I am so nervous.

Congratulations to you, and hopefully we both have a sticky baby.
sacb
Friend

Postby bazil323 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:19 pm

It's not uncommon to have a faster heartbeat during pregnancy because your heart has to compensate for the extra blood you are starting to make. That fast is a bit worrisome, though. I would keep an eye on it and talk to your doctor if it happens again. This time I bet that it was because you were worried about a miscarriage.

Good luck and sticky beans to both of you!
Recently had our first child and have been married since October 6, 2006. I'm 27 and DH 29.

First pregnancy chemical, January 31, 2013.

Got our BFP on March 6, 2013. EDC November 11. Born November 11, 2013!
bazil323
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Kmm2012 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:46 am

First off I am so sorry for your loss and understand how scared/ anxious you must feel.

I do want you to know a lot of women that were very early in their pregnancy in the January ddc experienced the same as you. They have not mentioned it for a few weeks but I think leading up to 6 weeks is when it began tapering off for them. I get weird heart races every now and again myself, before finding out I was pregnant that would make me cough, but luckily they haven't surfaced since.

I would bring it up to your doctor but maybe some internal anxiety is the culprit. Hope this is your rainbow baby and praying for a happy and healthy 9 months for you.
Katie 29, DH 30
Khloe Rose born 01/04/14 @636 pm
Kmm2012
Angel
Angel

Postby jazlynn4/28 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:27 pm

I am sorry for your loss. I am not currently pregnant but ttc after my 18wk loss April 28.
I have actually had a lot of heart racing and weird symptoms since my mc
one thing I know is not to stress yourself out. its not healthy.
congratulations on all your bfps
sticky vibes for sticky beans
Alissa-33
Dh-40

Mc 18 weeks 4/28/13

Due date 4/28/14

My rainbow baby is due on my Angel babies birthday!

jazlynn4/28
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Pregnant After a Loss