BFP but worried. Please help!

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

BFP but worried. Please help!

Postby readyformymiracle » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:42 pm

Hello ladies :) With my BFP in March, my betas rose VERY quickly and I had every symptom. Morning sickness and fatigue were the WORST! But I was still very happy to have those symptoms. Unfortunately we lost that little angel due to a clotting issue. I am now 4w3d with this one (my 3rd BFP this year alone), and nothing. My boobs are sore all the time, I get cramps on and off but very light and not often at all, I have backaches on and off but again light, some constipation but not awful, and I only get seriously tired after I eat; but that's it. This is my 4th pregnancy while TTC#1 still, and I've had just about every type of early miscarriage. In 2010, I had a cornual blighted ovum, and what I'm feeling now feels closer to what I felt then, as opposed to the one in March when we actually saw the heartbeat. Also my betas this time are LOW:
10dpo - 10
12dpo - 30
14dpo - 54
Today, my test line was finally as dark as the control line, which helps me feel a little better. Should I be worried?
Me: 29 dx PCOS, clotting issue (ovarian drilling and HSG complete)
DB: 30 - perfect!
BFP #1-3, all early 1st tri losses RIP Angel Babies
BFP#4 thanks to femara and trigger - sticking thanks to heparin/aspirin!!!
1/20/14 - Team Pink!!!!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
readyformymiracle

Re: BFP but worried. Please help!

Postby tdarrow » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:49 am

First off, Congrats on being pregnant. I'm so sorry for your previous losses. MCs are hard no matter what kind they are. That is good you beat the control line. That is a good sign. Every pregnancy is different so maybe this one is just doing its own thing. Try to stay positive and keep your chin up. Maybe your docs can work you in soon for a little check up to give you peace of mind. I know my docs here brings you in for frequent early check ups if you have had 2 or more MCs. I'll be thinking of you and saying prayers. With God all things are possible. God Bless!!
tdarrow
Angel
Angel

Postby readyformymiracle » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:55 am

Thank you so much. I'm just really nervous after 3 losses. My first scan is on the 14th, and it feels like forever away! I just wish I would throw up or something to make me feel pregnant!
1/20/14 - Team Pink!!!!

readyformymiracle

Postby brandi1026 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:47 pm

I'm on my 3rd pregnancy this year and am scared too. I think as long as your levels double every 48 hours, that is the most important part, not the actual number because it can vary so much. I know it's easier said than done, but try to relax and don't stress yourself out about it. Are you on progesterone supplements? That is one thing that has made me feel better this go around, because I take the supplements so I feel like maybe it's helping keep everything where it belongs. Good luck to you!
brandi1026
Friend

Postby readyformymiracle » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:32 pm

Thank you :) My numbers doubled in 55 hours so that scares me. I'm on progesterone and heparin this go round, so hopefully it makes a difference and we can bring this LO home. Looks like we are a day apart!! Do you feel anything this time? The low slow betas and lack of symptoms just really has me worried. I know there's nothing more I can do right now, so I'm trying to relax and keep busy.
1/20/14 - Team Pink!!!!

readyformymiracle

Postby brandi1026 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:07 am

I knew I was pregnant extremely early this time. And I got a positive at 3w2d so my numbers started out very low. I've had a lot of symptoms, and I had them with my first pregnancy as well so I recognized them pretty quickly. I always have crazy and vivid dreams, I wake up a lot to go to the bathroom, I am dumb, really, really dumb (like wash the same load of laundry twice dumb).
Did you have the blood drawn 55 hours apart? Because your levels might be the same at 48 hours that they were at 55. Will you have them checked again or just wait for your ultrasound?
brandi1026
Friend

Postby readyformymiracle » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:15 pm

I knew really early with this one, too, but we did a medicated cycle and I am a POAS-a-holic (seriously, I need an intervention), so my first beta was at 10dpo. My 10dpo and 12dpo betas were only 42 hours apart, and it tripled. My 2nd and 3rd were almost exactly 48 hours apart to the minute, and it went from 30 to 55, so in the beta calculators, that's a 55 hour doubling time or thereabouts. When I spoke with the triage nurse, she said she spoke with my doctor who said it was still within a perfectly healthy range and to go ahead and start my heparin - which I have now been on twice a day since 12dpo. I made the decision to not get any more beta's done unless I start spotting or if my CB digi weeks estimator doesn't go up. My first scan is still 11 days away...but I'm keeping myself as busy as possible around the house, looking for a job (recently laid off), and trying to think of creative ways to tell the family on Thanksgiving if we have a successful first scan. The betas drive me as crazy as everything else! My doctor likes to keep a close eye on me because of my history, so I could have betas every other day if I wanted, but I just didn't want to put myself through that. I just hate not having any symptoms - it scares the crap out of me that this isn't a viable pregnancy, and I'll have my 4th loss (3rd in the last 6 months alone). It's a hurry up and wait right now :(
1/20/14 - Team Pink!!!!

readyformymiracle

Postby brandi1026 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:40 am

I hear ya, sometimes I still POAS just because I need to see that 2nd line. The last couple I have done the line has gotten much darker so that has made me feel better. I went and had my blood drawn today to check my hcg and progesterone because I just needed some reassurance. It's so hard to be excited after so many losses. Cautiously optimistic is NOT fun. It's easy to say keep yourself busy, but for me that rarely works because my mind constantly goes back to it. I am hoping and wishing and praying and sending lots of good baby vibes your way. Just get on Pinterest, it will such your whole day way!!
brandi1026
Friend

Postby readyformymiracle » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:50 am

I've got one last CB Digi weeks estimator that I plan on taking on Friday. I promised myself if it says 3+, I will relax until the scan next Thursday. Last night I felt insanely nauseous all night, then started craving hot chocolate around 10pm. Of course this morning I wake up starving and with sore boobs but nothing else. Had a few pink spots yesterday in my CM but refused to let myself worry about that. While I'd rather feel sick ALL day (sad isn't it??), I'll take the symptoms coming and going as opposed to not being here at all. Just staying positive and optimistic and praying we hear the heartbeat next week. When is your first scan?
1/20/14 - Team Pink!!!!

readyformymiracle

Postby brandi1026 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:38 am

I don't have any digi tests, just the cheapies from Amazon and I've finally stopped using them. My hcg on Tues was exactly on schedule so I've relaxed a bit. My progesterone worries me because it is low, but I'm on supplements and it's not detected in blood work. I have my first US on 11/19, I'll be 7w3d, normally I would have had it the week prior, but I'll be on vacation that week so I'm having it the day after I come home. I don't really have symptoms anymore, besides peeing 5 times a night and weird dreams, and fatigue. I totally agree with you, I'd rather be sick all day everyday as long as it meant I was pregnant! I will be thinking of you and sending lots of good thoughts your way. I'll have to check in here while I'm on vacation to see how it all went so be sure to update next week! I just realized we are only one day apart too. :)
brandi1026
Friend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss