Anybody else early pregnant after repeated M/C?

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Anybody else early pregnant after repeated M/C?

Postby Skippers86 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:07 am

Hey everybody,
Just hoping for some support to help get through the early stages! I've had two miscarriages, 0 healthy pregnancies, and am about 4 weeks along with pregnancy #3. I am so scared of losing this one too, I've been doing nothing but worrying and constantly peeing on sticks to make sure the second line is still there. I'm having some light pink spotting this morning which freaks me out because in the past the spotting only started when I was miscarrying. I know there is nothing that I can do but sit and wait. My first ultrasound will be May 12. I am on progesterone to help keep this pregnancy.

Anybody else going through this?
TTC since April 2013, 2 miscarriages, expecting #1 January 4, 2015!!
It's a BOY!

Skippers86
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Anybody else early pregnant after repeated M/C?

Postby Smiley81 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:19 pm

I m/c in Feb. got pregnant again in March I'm now 6wks 4days on progesterone too trying to keep this pregnancy viable .. I'm scared of the same thing I've been deathly sick for 4 days now can't keep nothing down.. I have sonogram Friday I'm just praying we see a heart beat. I wish you all the luck y'all be in my prayers... I believe the progesterone should work and keep the pregnancy healthy ..
Smiley81

Postby Skippers86 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:58 am

Smiley, I'm under the impression that your vomiting is a good sign! Women who get morning sickness have a much lower chance of miscarrying. I am hoping that I get it!! It's supposed to come on around 6 weeks. Let me know how your ultrasound goes! Mine is May 12.
It's a BOY!

Skippers86
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MEL66325 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:35 am

I'm pregnant after a loss and scared to death of losing this one too. I can completely relate to how scary this is! Praying these babies are our rainbow babies!
ME - 35
DH - 38
DS- 9

BFP - 6/19/2013
:angel: 8/12/13 - missed m/c, D&C :(

4/22/14 - BFP!
8/12/14- It's a BOY!!! Owen Lane due 1/3/2015

MEL66325
Angel
Angel

Postby Skippers86 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Me too. Or double rainbow in my case, ha. It is still so early but I'm wishing the symptoms would move themselves up so I'd feel better about this. Not much going on yet other than sore BBs and fatigue. Thought I maybe had some nausea today but maybe it was just in my head. How are you feeling?
It's a BOY!

Skippers86
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MEL66325 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:53 pm

I'm feeling about the same - sore ta ta's and a little more tired than usual. Insomnia. Nausea just every once in a while and it's gone so quick, I swear I imagined it. I have gagged a couple of times, but not in the last few days.

I was PRAYING for more symptoms this morning. I told God to give me every one of them! I want to SUFFER. Yes, I'm serious. I need reassurance. LOL

I just want to sleep through the first trimester!!
ME - 35
DH - 38
DS- 9

BFP - 6/19/2013
:angel: 8/12/13 - missed m/c, D&C :(

4/22/14 - BFP!
8/12/14- It's a BOY!!! Owen Lane due 1/3/2015

MEL66325
Angel
Angel

Postby Skippers86 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:04 pm

I just want to sleep through it too! Or at least until my first ultrasound. I'm also praying for some more symptoms. I had some bad cramps today, which makes me scared because I don't know what's normal. I'm on progesterone so I'm not sure I could naturally miscarry if something was wrong. I'm so worried that I'm anxiously awaiting this ultrasound and then there won't be a heartbeat again.
It's a BOY!

Skippers86
Star Member
Star Member

Postby browe » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:54 am

I have had 2 missed miscarriages and am pregnant with my 3rd. I was a complete stressball!!! I was put on progresterone and heparin (for MTHFR Diagnosis...which I am no longer taking). I am now 19 weeks and just heard the heartbeat again yesterday! So I am no longer in early pregnancy, but I was, and I completely understand what you are going through. To be honest, at 19 weeks, I'm still nervous!!! But I wanted to give you some hope:):) I lost the second pregnancy to a trisomy disorder, so we had the Maternit21 test done at around 14 weeks, to eliminate any trisomy complications! I stayed on progresterone for 10 weeks and the Heparin for 16 weeks (The geneticist from the Maternit21 test and my Dr both agreed they did not feel I was at risk of a blood clot so they took me off the shots!). Good Luck and please feel free to ask any questions or just vent some frustrations or worry! I know what it is like and it is a really stressful and scary time! Try to stay as positive as you can! (i KNOW ITS HARD)
browe
Friend

Postby Skippers86 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:48 pm

Thank you browe. I am happy to hear your positive story and that you are having a healthy pregnancy! Did you find out if you're having a boy or girl?

My main concern right now is just these cramps. I don't know what level of severity is normal. I'm glad I stopped spotting on Monday though, it never progressed beyond dark brown so must have just been implantation bleeding.
It's a BOY!

Skippers86
Star Member
Star Member

Postby browe » Thu May 01, 2014 10:18 am

@Skippers86

I did find out! I found out through the maternit21 test, so I found out really early at around 14 weeks. I was not going to and I told myself all through early pregnancy that I would just wait, but once I found out that the testing all came back normal and things looked as though they were going to progress...I counldn't wait to know! It's a boy!!!! I grew up with sisters so I have no idea what to do with a boy, but so excited!

I actually had bleeding the day I took the postive pregnancy test (day before missed period). I had some spotting (brownish) a couple days leading up, which is normal for my period. Then it was bright red and super scary:( I literally took the test, looked at it and saw it was positive... then wiped to bright red. Luckily I had no other bleeding other than that. I have read that sometimes the pregnancy hormone is not always strong enough to completely mask your period, and you may have some initial bleeding. I can't remember what it is called, but i decided to chalk mine up to that. The doctor did not seem concerned.

I also cramped (actually still do) and I was always concerned because I did not know aht "normal" felt like. I had what felt like period cramps for a while. It almost felt like I was going to start my period.... but wouldnt. They were not terrible cramps, but definitely noticeable. Enough to make me want to jump in a warm bath. It is tough not to analyze every last feeling, but from what I have heard, cramping (not associated with blood) can be normal. Have you been to the doctor to get blood levels checked? My doctor had me come in to see if my levels were rising before an early ultrasound.

Hope you are feeling ok! Keep trying to be postive as much as you can (trust me, I know, its sooooo hard)!!!!
browe
Friend

Postby Skippers86 » Thu May 01, 2014 6:21 pm

I was just reading about the maternt21 test-- had no idea what that was. Very interesting. Congrats on your boy!! That is so exciting.

They had me come in and get my HCG drawn today, and then I'll go back Monday for the redraw. At first I didn't want to know my numbers but now I am hoping it will maybe make me less anxious. It was 1367 which seems good at this point, I'm 4w5d today...
It's a BOY!

Skippers86
Star Member
Star Member

Postby mexicanchick718 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:02 am

Sorry to just jump in but thought sharing my story might help. I had a m/c last year at 9wks. I was constantly bleeding/spotting. OB thought everything was ok once we saw the hearbeat. About two weeks later I just felt off and demanded an u/s. Sure enough the baby had passed. It was crazy how I just knew something was wrong. I opted for a natural m/c and boy was it painful. ER visit and all. I got pregnant with my rainbow baby two cycles later. This pregnancy started exactly like my first. For the first 3 months I didnt even believe it was going to happen. Luckily they put me on progesterone right away. I can happily say my baby girl is due June 3rd and this journey has been well worth it.

If you feel like your m/c is still eating at your heart, mine still does. I think its only normal to have those feelings. I wish you ladies the best and just try to hang in there and think positive!
Me: 26 DH: 28
BFP#1 5/28/2013
:angel: @ 9 wks on 7/11/2013
BFP#2 9/23/2013

ImageImage
mexicanchick718
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Skippers86 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:42 am

Thank you mexicanchick, that's a sweet story and congrats on your rainbow!
It's a BOY!

Skippers86
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Smiley81 » Sat May 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Skippers86 how did your sono go?
Smiley81

Postby Skippers86 » Sat May 17, 2014 6:23 pm

So far so (pretty much) good, thank you smiley! My biggest worry right now is that I have a subchorionic bleed. Baby is healthy but there is always a chance that the bleed will affect the baby. And it really sucks having to wear a pad 24/7!!!
How did yours go? Everything good?
It's a BOY!

Skippers86
Star Member
Star Member

Next

Return to Pregnant After a Loss