Hi! I'm from the Feb. group, worried about symptoms going

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Hi! I'm from the Feb. group, worried about symptoms going

Postby peachy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:34 am

I had to ask a question if anyone had the same experience? Did anyone lose symptoms all at once? Or one by one?

I lost my baby at 7 weeks but didn't know until our 11 week prenatal scan. I had a D&C on Jan 17th. I remember I had random nausea and gagging, and extreme dizziness, and some fatigue that would come and go. I started feeling better at 7 weeks, very sudden is what I remember. I had painful "bites" on my right side the whole time. Right now no, none like that. Just cramping on sides and pulling sensations, it hurt bad Sunday but then no more, there were a lot of pulling both sides. Oh, another thing, my bloating is gone today. I'm flat as a pancake again, I see a little roundness above my csection scar and I feel a firmness when I press there. I know my baby's there but I have no idea if she/he's still alive.

Today I'm 7 weeks 3 days, I've had fatigue for the last 3 weeks, I woke up feeling normal yesterday, no fatigue and was able to work better. Today again no fatigue. No nausea, I think it went away Friday 20th. My boobs are still hurting though. This morning I threw up water after eating eggs because I took prenatals (I've been taking flintstones because that's what I can take right now) I thought I could take a prenatal but I'll go back to flinstones again tomorrow. How odd I didn't barf up eggs, just water, and out of my nose too. I hope that's normal morning sickness but still, its just because somehow I can't handle the prenatals so I'm stopping for good. I like the flinstones, they still make me gag a little but I don't throw up.

I'm just worried.......I saw the baby's heartbeat on 6-13, and my numbers are high. I'm hoping they still are and I'm hoping the baby is still alive. I told my bf to call the nurse to ask if its normal for symptoms just to go away at 7 weeks (it just TERRIFIES me! since its what has happened last time) I want to do more bloodwork to make sure my numbers are up but it depends to my obgyn and what she says.

Is it normal for symptoms to go like that? I have a scan coming up on the 30th Monday, I'm praying my baby is still progressing, still have a heartbeat and still growing. I'm beyond terrified. I hope he calls the nurse today. I'm just concerned because my fatigue just left yesterday when I woke up, I thought it should continue until 12 weeks? Right? Am I paranoid?
peachy
Angel
Angel

Re: Hi! I'm from the Feb. group, worried about symptoms goin

Postby peachy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:50 pm

The nurse called back, said symptoms can come and go but that's normal. Blood work wouldn't help any more. Sigh......I guess there's nothing I can do but wait til the 30th. My nausea comes and goes, so it's still present, heartburn still there, boob pain there, thirstyness, same....all I can do is hope for the best.
peachy
Angel
Angel

Postby Stardancer8764 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:21 pm

Oh Dear- i am from Janurary. I am so sorry you feel that way. I hope you get some answers after your U/S. I know this limbo sucks. I just had a D&C. My baby died at 8 weeks 2 days (or thats what it measured) and I lost my symptoms (just like you described) at 9.5 weeks. I was 11 weeks when I found out my baby died at the NT u/s. I kind of was expecting no HB and looking back I had a feeling, and I think you do too. I hate this. It sucks. However, I am grateful that I DID have some intuition and when there was no HB it made sense. It didn't make it easier. But I wasn't in shock 100%. Maybe 65% in shock. I hope you get answers and I hope your fading symptoms turned out different then mine. I'll be lurking in Feb to see how you made out. I will be praying for you. Ignore the signature, I have to change it :-(
Me (30)
DH (33)
DD :future baby girl: - 4.26.13
DS :future baby boy: - 8.11.15
3 FURBABIES -2 meows, an Irish Setter

:angel: 11 weeks - missed m/c and D&C - 6/28/14
always in my heart baby # 2 - was due 1/15/15

:bfp: Baby #3 - 11/23/14 10dpo. 2nd month TTC. RAINBOW BABY! Stick Baby Stick!
:hb: 165 at 7w4d
:babyb: It's a BOY! 3/20/2015

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Stardancer8764

Postby peachy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:33 pm

Thanks for your reply. It's a terrifying time for me. Yes my symptoms vanished around 7 weeks in Dec '13 and I wasn't too surprised at the 11 week scan in Jan. for I had a feeling.
At seven weeks the symptoms seemed to go away but every other day it comes back. I'm now 8 weeks, nausea came back with a vengeance with the worst heartburn and upset stomach. My breasts started to hurt again, the symptoms kind of hides until when I least expect it and am feeling better, it comes out of hiding.
I didn't have that the last time, right now the symptoms are stronger, deeper and makes me feel sick and I am unable to function until it passes. Thankfully it's the weekend. I've been horribly cranky and mean to my bf when I'm under the weather then I make up to him afterwards. I remind him to prepare when it returns. It's been gradually worsening. So that itself gives me comfort that all should be well. I see the doctor on Monday for a second scan to see his/progress and heartbeat again.
peachy
Angel
Angel

Postby peachy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:17 am

I'm sorry of what happened! I had no idea it was so recent! I went to your posts and I understand now. I thought you were expecting again after your loss. Just like my experience in January. I'm so sorry. Hugs!
For us it was a difficult time but our obgyn gave us the clear after one cycle and we TTC right away. We got pregnant again four months later in May. I'm hoping all goes well with us this time.
I hope you will come back to the boards expecting again soon! :)
peachy
Angel
Angel

Postby Stardancer8764 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:56 pm

Thanks peachy. I just want to TTC right away. The wait is awful. I don't think I will ever stop crying. How are your symptoms. Haven't seen post in Feb. so I hope you are still doing great! Thinking of you.
Me (30)
DH (33)

Stardancer8764

Postby peachy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:41 pm

TTC will definitely help speed up your healing as it did to both of us. I have a lot of symptoms and so far so good! :)
Looking forward for my 12 week visit on the 28th.
peachy
Angel
Angel

Postby Stardancer8764 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:36 am

Keep me posted peachy! I feel positive for you! ? for you- how long did it take for you to get a normal period after D&C- I could go get a pg test but the weight is FALLING off and my breasts look deflated. Goodbye amazing pregnancy boobs :-( I don't want to waste the $15 dollars on a pg test if I don't have to. I cant stomach anything and it's been a week...I do HORRIBLE under stress. I lost probably 15 pounds....guesstimate. I don't own a scale. But really looking awful. Freaking out this will DELAY my cycle even LONGER! I guess I need to just ride the wave and stop worrying
Me (30)
DH (33)

Stardancer8764

Postby peachy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:18 am

It took 30 days for my period to return after the D&C (it wasn't heavy and only lasted a normal 5 days which was relieving). My obgn said we can try again after one cycle. I used the P tracker, and my cycles sometimes gets wonky depending on much I would train/miles I ran (I can range anywhere from 24 to 28 days) the second cycle was 26 days and the third cycle was 24 days. It was stressful trying to guess when my ovulation would start. So we just would wing it, by estimating my fertile days would be 10-16 days because my cycle days ranged from 24 to 28 so we had make the range wider.
It took us 4 months to finally catch it! By that fourth cycle I already had cut back on running and started resting more for about 2-3 weeks, so I was finally back to 28 days so I think we conceived on the 14th day which fits that day we did and only because we were going out of town that weekend the next day (we had a bay relay marathon and this time I did NOT take motrin which I did back in November for the full marathon which I'm afraid it may have caused issues with my last pregnancy). So that cycle I avoided all pain killers/medication so maybe that would have worked. Who knows?
Don't worry, your cycles should return soon. I was only 2 days late on my first cycle, not too bad and it took a while for my cycles to normalize and when it did, we were able to get pregnant again.
peachy
Angel
Angel

Postby Stardancer8764 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:07 am

Peachy - you run marathons? Oh man you are AWESOME! I hate running. I have scar tissue on my left knee and it swells up on blacktop so I can't run. I try joining gyms but guess what- that lasts like 3 weeks and give up. I used to do yoga and that was fun ---it just gets $$ if you do it at a REAL studio and not like a gym group class.....however, my LOVE is horseback riding. I used to own a horse but gave her away after I was pregnant with DD. I miss her and riding terribly. We want #2 and maybe #3 back to back so I can get back to the barn. Young kids and horses don't mix. It's too time consuming at the barn and it's dangerous to have them around horses...or I think so anyway. They are unpredictable. I've been kicked and bucked off too may times to want to put kids there... Hopefully I can get another horse when kids are in school. They are so expensive though- was paying like $600 a month for board and eating ramen noodles and p & J because we were so poor. I also drove a Chevy Aveo (google it) during that time...its a golf cart basically. lol. I thought I would die everytime I drove anywhere. But payments were cheap. lol.

How long did it take you to train for marathons? Did you like running when you were in school? I ask because I hated it then, and still hate it now. lol.

Thanks for the advice. I have a 33-35 day cycle. I am on the longer side to begin with. Blahhhh. I ovulated with this one CD 24!!! I read an article about late O and miscarriage correlation actually. But I O between day 20-25 usually and haven't had problems with my short luetal phase. With DD we caught the egg 2nd month. But the first month I was in hysterics from selling my horse. With this one, that I lost, one night, one time (strategically planned by me of course) because my DH was a little reluctant. The good thing is now he REALLY wants a baby, and he almost feels like this is his fault. He's like "I just didn't give it my all." How cute is that. So we are more on the same page, and that REALLY may come in handy if we have another baby with colic. Because if he wasn't 100% into it- he would be like "you wanted this" you know what I mean...and maybe he would be bitter. Not purposefully, just kind of unknowingly and subconsciously.

I just hope it passes quickly- I just want to TTC and DTD even- so we can move on you know. There is something about being with DH that makes me feel like everything is going to be alright.... awww . :hb:
Me (30)
DH (33)

Stardancer8764

Postby Stardancer8764 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:10 am

Oh, and how are you feeling?

And about the motrin, I don't know. Don't second guess that. i am a social worker and used to have clients that did PCP, Crack, and would drink a 6 pack like EVERY NIGHT....and still get pregnant...AND do all that crack till 9 months! (Personally you should be put in JAIL till you deliver...so guarantee the safety of the child, but they dont do anything till the baby is born....) and they all had babies- crack addicted and with FAS- but the point is I don't think a motrin would make or break you. You know what I mean.
Me (30)
DH (33)

Stardancer8764

Postby peachy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:12 pm

Yikes I can't imagine those poor babies! I don't even paint my nails or pump gas! He does the cleaning not me so I can't believe there's mothers who doesn't care. Terrible.
I'm dealing with nausea, it hits anytime and out of the blue. I take preggy pops and I wing it the best I can. No meds.
I have to cancel this December's full marathon and will get a refund back since I signed up to include the refund for we were TTC and knew I may have to back out. I just started running when my son was about 5 and got in shape, it's a fun hobby for me. I no longer run and will go back after the baby's born. I just don't run while pregnant, other moms do but this baby is precious to me & don't want to risk it. I just walk when I'm not too fatigued.
I hope you get better soon and be back in board. :)
peachy
Angel
Angel

Return to Pregnant After a Loss