pregnant 2nd cycle after m/c

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

pregnant 2nd cycle after m/c

Postby camronsmommy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:22 pm

Hello ladies! I miscarried at almost 6 weeks back in April. Fortunately, we were able to get pregnant again on my 2nd cycle after I miscarried. I've been taking this pregnancy day by day, but on the 2nd I have my first appointment.

This is scary for me because in April, after my first appointment I was under the impression that everything was fine. Only because it took them a WEEK to call me and tell me that 1) I had a uti and 2) something was wrong with my pregnancy test, results were "questionable".

So, I know that this time I will be 6w3d, which is almost 2 weeks further along than I was at my first appointment in April. I want to push for additional testing to make 100% sure everything is OK as of right now (I know they can't predict if something will go wrong or not). But I know that if they would have called me the next day or so, I would have been more prepared when I spontaneously started to miscarry naturally. My main question is, should I ask them to do a quantitative blood test, vaginal u/s? What sort of testing should I push for in order to put my mind at ease and let them know that I have concerns?

Sorry for the essay! :wink:
It's a BOY!!!

camronsmommy
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: pregnant 2nd cycle after m/c

Postby peachy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:22 am

Yes, request for both. That's what I had both done to check if my numbers were doubling normally and to check my progesterone levels. I had a u/s scan at 5 weeks 6 days and saw the baby clearly and the heartbeat too. It calmed our fears and we have another u/s scan tomorrow at 3 to see how the baby is progressing.
You should get both done since you had a loss too.
peachy
Angel
Angel

Postby camronsmommy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:33 am

Thank you Carla. Did you have a vaginal u/s at 5w6d?
It's a BOY!!!

camronsmommy
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby peachy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:42 am

Yes I did and I have posted the picture in the ultrasound post. Again today at 3 pm to check the baby's progress and heartbeat, will post a new one tonight.
peachy
Angel
Angel

Return to Pregnant After a Loss