Anyone Else Feeling Like "We'll See..."?

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Anyone Else Feeling Like "We'll See..."?

Postby marisajl » Sat May 02, 2015 2:47 pm

I'm literally dealing with this every day. Some days I'm like, oh well miscarriage odds are so low. It seems that I have a wayyyy higher chance of keeping this baby than I do of not keeping it... But then I hear and see soooooo many ladies who have had miscarriages and I'm like well, it must be more common than I thought! I feel like it's all around me on the virtual world, however in person not so much that I know of. So then I think it's gonna happen to me since it's not happening to anyone else I know . I'm super emotional right now so I keep thinking the worst. Plus it's a defense mechanism for me to worry so that way I can "prepare myself". However, I just want to be excited. I know that nothing I do can prevent it if something happens, but it hard to be excited. I think that if I get don't get too excited and something happens I won't experience as much heartbreak even though I doubt that's true. It's rough. I honestly think I will feel better at 13 weeks, which I know everyone says that, but my only concern is the high odds of miscarriage in the first tri. The second tri I know it still happens but I'm not as worried. I just wanna hear a heartbeat and know there's a baby in there that's hrowing.
Very first bfp ever 4/21/2015!!

U/S 6/4/15 baby measuring 9 w 6 d :hb: 163
U/S 6/19/15 baby measuring 12 w exactly! :hb: 144

Expecting a baby girl!!!
marisajl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Rhondalynn77 » Sat May 02, 2015 6:33 pm

Marisajl, i would bet a lot more women around you have miscarried than you know. (irl) it is pretty common and not a lot of women tell others what they have been through, unless they know it will help. Try not to stress, and take one day at a time. I have come to the conclusion that nothing i do can prevent me from not having this baby, if im not supposed to have it.
Me: Rhonda 37, DH: Brian 38, DS: Elijah 6
Angel Baby April 2014 :angel:
Missed miscarriage baby passed @8w2d miscarried @12w2d-April 12,2014
Chemical May 2014 :angel:
After fertility treatments
Natural BFP TEAM PINK!!!
Rhondalynn77
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon May 04, 2015 11:55 am

This is a completely normal thing to feel! I found myself almost wishing I hadn't been on TWW prior to conceiving because I would be blissfully unnaware that so many things go so wrong for people.

It took until my 12 week ultrasound for me to feel like my baby was totally safe in there. (But the panicky, intense fear eased up before that).

You have to remember that, even though mc's are quite common, those who have had them are more likely to be on sites like this looking for support along their journey than those lucky, oblivious moms who didn't have to deal with such things.

For many people, miscarriages are part of their parenting journey, but for many others they aren't. Try not to do a lot of googling. It will just cause you more stress. Strive to be healthy and take your vitamins, especially now, before morning sickness is likely to kick in and make you barf them back up! Talk to your baby, and try not to think about the "what ifs." Cross your bridges when you get to them!

Lastly, nothing is going to get rid of your worry completely. There is something to stress about at every stage of pregnancy. I think it's just a precursor to the worry we will always have for our children. While it's bothersome now, I think it's just the beginning of that humongous love that is going to build inside you for your baby!
Me: (Becca) 31, DH:36

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Postby pumpkinseed » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:52 am

I realize this is an old post but it still applies to a lot of women, incl me so I thought I'd post.

I'm having a high risk pregnancy after a mmc and cp and that's all I say...we'll see. I'm just being realistic and hoping for the best outcome, of course, but it still doesn't feel real and every appt I prepare myself for the worst.

I'm sure things will be fine but better to be prepared than knocked off balance again. Self protection at it's best!

Sorry for your loss ...
Me: 37 / DH: 43 / G-free / Hashimotos
Lovenox, metanx, D3, prenatal, baby aspirin, etc
MMC: 01-14-15
CP: 4-12-15
BFP 6-3-15 (EDD: Feb 15, 2015) :) :) Hoping that it's twins!
6/6 - beta #1 (12dpo) = 69 / progesterone on 6/5 was 15
6/8 - beta #2 (14dpo) = 195 / progesterone 32.8
My Ovulation Chart
pumpkinseed
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby pumpkinseed » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:55 am

I realize this is an old post but it still applies to a lot of women, incl me so I thought I'd post.

I'm having a high risk pregnancy after a mmc and cp and that's all I say...we'll see. I'm just being realistic and hoping for the best outcome, of course, but it still doesn't feel real and every appt I prepare myself for the worst.

I'm sure things will be fine but better to be prepared that knocked off balance again.

All pregnant women worry, but if someone hasn't experienced infertility or a loss they do not understand. They can try but just don't. It's a different kind of unease.

So Sorry for your loss ...wishing you a long happy healthy pregnancy
Me: 37 / DH: 43 / G-free / Hashimotos
Lovenox, metanx, D3, prenatal, baby aspirin, etc
MMC: 01-14-15
CP: 4-12-15
BFP 6-3-15 (EDD: Feb 15, 2015) :) :) Hoping that it's twins!
6/6 - beta #1 (12dpo) = 69 / progesterone on 6/5 was 15
6/8 - beta #2 (14dpo) = 195 / progesterone 32.8
My Ovulation Chart
pumpkinseed
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby s4mm13 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:29 pm

pumpkin,

I'm sorry that you find yourself posting here.

I truly hope that this pregnancy brings you a happy, healthy, take home baby.

xx
Me 29
DH 30
Oscar forever 5 months
Our beautiful son Oscar, born 24/2/14 at 32 weeks with Tetralogy of Fallot, oesophageal atresia and tracheo oesophageal fistula. Earned his wings aged 5 months and 1 day.

Oscar is going to be a big brother. BFP #2 29/11/14

Arlo William, our beautiful rainbow born safely 22nd July 2015

s4mm13

Postby justxher » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:33 am

I definitely feel this way too, I think if we get pregnant again we will just delay the bonding until after the baby is safely born. We only made it to 18 weeks but we were already calling him by his name and talking about him like he was there with us, and all that just made it that much harder to deal with the loss.
Me: 27
DH: 29
DS1: :angel: Baby Jase born 06/30/15, premature at 18w2d

DS2: June 25 2016
justxher
Angel
Angel

Postby s4mm13 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:11 pm

Justxher, loss is the hardest thing to deal with and a pregnancy after a loss is tough.

I had no real idea of how I would feel or how I would cope this time and it has been harder than I thought.

The worry never goes away.

You are still hurting from the loss of your son and it will take time before you're ready to walk this journey.

Take the time you need to grieve for your son. Healing may never happen, but there will come a time when it becomes just that little bit easier.

I wish you peaceful and gentle days ahead. Xx
Me 29
DH 30
Oscar forever 5 months
Our beautiful son Oscar, born 24/2/14 at 32 weeks with Tetralogy of Fallot, oesophageal atresia and tracheo oesophageal fistula. Earned his wings aged 5 months and 1 day.

Oscar is going to be a big brother. BFP #2 29/11/14

Arlo William, our beautiful rainbow born safely 22nd July 2015

s4mm13

Postby Donella1987 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:29 am

i am so glad there is a thread for this.
I had a MC last september (after the doctors told me i couldn't have children) then the doctors confirmed in january this year that again i couldn't have children.... but on Wednesday i found i am pregnant. i am so scared that this will also end in MC, i just can't get excited. my husband is over the moon but i feel like i just can't do it.
my mother had MC before all 4 of us... at least i am not the only one.
Me - Donella 30 Portsmouth, UK overweight, pcos and high testosterone
DH - Russell 34 fit healthy avid body builder (polar opposite of me)
together 12 years, married for 9

David Scott Ogilvie-Lees born 25/03/2016

:BFP: 12/09/2017

Donella1987
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Rhondalynn77 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:25 pm

Donella, congratulations! i think pregnancy after loss is extremely hard. This time around, i (subconsciously) didnt plan anything, i couldnt allow myself to get excited about being pregnant to the point of looking at baby things and nursery stuff. The first few months were extremely difficult. we even waited until almost 14w to tell people (other than our parents and my best friends) So far all my genetic tests have come back normal and i am realizing that i (Lord willing) will hold this little Girl in a few months! Praying for you and for your nerves to be calm. When do you see your doc?
Natural BFP TEAM PINK!!!
Rhondalynn77
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Rhondalynn77 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:26 pm

pumpkin, congratulations and prayers everything is perfect this time! <3
Natural BFP TEAM PINK!!!
Rhondalynn77
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:50 am

Donnella! You were in my very first tww group I was part of. (I'm the one with a husband named Russell and a dog named Hugo.) I had seen a few of your updates. I'm so sorry to hear about your mc, but so happy to see you are pregnant again. What great news! I hope your pregnancy goes well!
Me: (Becca) 31, DH:36

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Previous

Return to Pregnant After a Loss