My First Appointment Today

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

My First Appointment Today

Postby mrsm44 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:42 pm

Wow. What an emotional rollercoaster. I had no idea that so many emotions were just under the surface until I went into exam room 3 at my OB's office. My nurse asked how I was doing and said that she was sorry to have heard about what I went through with my last pregnancy. I proceeded to bawl. We talked about testing options, to put my mind at ease with this pregnancy. I let her know that I wouldn't be testing further or adding ultrasounds if the initial test for the Trisomys (mine will also include t-13, because that was what our son had) shows a low probability of a chromosomal issue. She also asked if I was interested in being referred to a therapist. I told her that I honestly had been considering that before getting pregnant again. My next appointment will be September 29th, and they asked me to bring my husband (which I am a little miffed about, and trying not to think too much about.)

November 6th, 2014- NIPT results; decreased risk (1 in 13,000), and It's a Girl!!
mrsm44
Star Member
Star Member

Re: My First Appointment Today

Postby ekkotack » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:31 am

hi.....i just found this thread and I know I'm late replying....have you been able to have an ultrasound yet to see your baby?
Ekko - 35
DH - 33
DD Ellis born 10/26/12

Angel Babies:
Oct 13 blighted ovum D&C
April 14 blighted ovum D&C

BFP #4 8/22/14
ekkotack
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby ekkotack » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:33 am

hi, i just found this thread and i know you wrote your post like a week ago.....did you get to have an ultrasound to see your baby, or is that what they are doing on the 29th? and when will you have the other tests done? miscarriages are terribly hard, but i'm finding it even harder to be early in a new pregnancy. it has made me absolutely nutty with anxiety. hope all is well for you....
Ekko - 35
DH - 33
DD Ellis born 10/26/12

Angel Babies:
Oct 13 blighted ovum D&C

BFP #4 8/22/14
ekkotack
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby mrsm44 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:54 pm

I am having my first ultrasound on the 29th. I will be ten weeks by then (by the nurse's calculations, which I think are off, going by my LMP). I'm trying not to worry, which I haven't really done, but it's hard to get excited about being pregnant again as well. What if something just as terrible happens again?

November 6th, 2014- NIPT results; decreased risk (1 in 13,000), and It's a Girl!!
mrsm44
Star Member
Star Member

Postby ekkotack » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:42 am

yep i absolutely understand that feeling. I go through moments where i am excited about having a new baby and then it's like "who am i kidding? i know i'm going to lose this one too." ugh this sucks
Ekko - 35
DH - 33
DD Ellis born 10/26/12

Angel Babies:
Oct 13 blighted ovum D&C

BFP #4 8/22/14
ekkotack
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Pregnant After a Loss