Anxiety when pregnant after miscarriage

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Anxiety when pregnant after miscarriage

Postby Kaylewis » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:35 am

Hello ladies, I was wondering if any if you had good ways to cope with anxiety when pregnant after miscarriage. I lost a pregnancy at the end of May 2014 ( had other miscarriages years before this) now I'm pregnant again, very early at 4 weeks 4 days today and the anxiety is slowing killing me! Every little cramp and twinge and loss of symptom is driving me over that edge that I'm goning to miscarry again. I've had a little lower back pain, slight cramps and a little hip pain off and on ( almost like a bloated feeling down there) I keep running to the bathroom thinking I'm bleeding because I'm having tons of watery cm :( thank goodness no blood yet though. My next appointment is not till October 23rd, how can I keep from driving myself crazy till then. I have no one to talk to about any of this, I'm not close to my family and hubby wants to keep it a secret till we are in a safer point so no one to talk to in his family:( please help
Kaylewis
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Anxiety when pregnant after miscarriage

Postby Lorza » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi Kay, I also drove myself insane in the early days, but I also had the reassurance of weekly ultrasounds since I got pregnant through fertility treatments. Maybe call your doctor's office and see if they're willing to get you in early just to give you some peace of mind? Or maybe they can do a few beta tests to make sure you're doubling properly and help you relax?
Lorza
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Kaylewis » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:34 am

Thank you for the reply, it's so hard when you feel alone with no one to talk to on top of the hormones. Im trying my best to remain positive, hard to do with symptoms coming and going, but I do have a great doctor so maybe I'll ask her about blood tests or ultrasounds :)
Kaylewis
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Kodak2057 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:47 pm

I didn't stop worrying until very one to the end when I could feel him moving all the time, then was still freaked when I didn't feel him. There's not much you can do but if you can get an early us it may help your peace of mind to see the hb, sac etc
Kodak2057
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kaylewis » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:40 pm

Thanks I'm going to try to hold out till I know we would see something on the ultrasound, try being the key word there, I had some spotting this weekend and thought for sure the pregnancy was done but it's still light and hasn't progressed so who knows. I just wish this wasn't so hard :(
Kaylewis
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Pregnant After a Loss