Anyone pregnant after ectopic?

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Anyone pregnant after ectopic?

Postby Leslieerinb » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:10 pm

I've had two miscarriages this year- a blighted ovum in Sugust and then an ectopic last April. :( we have one beautiful two year old girl and hoping for another healthy baby. Just got a bfp, but nervous it could be another ectopic. :/ hoping this is our rainbow baby! Im 36 so I am feeling the pressure. Anyone else out there in a similar situation??
Leslieerinb
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Anyone pregnant after ectopic?

Postby s4mm13 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:03 am

Sorry you find yourself here on this board.

I don't have the same experience but know what it's like to see people reading posts here and not respond.

Anxiety and worry is a completely normal part of pregnancy after loss (PAL). Hopefully your doctors are keeping a close eye on things from the start for you and I wish you a long, healthy and happy pregnancy with a beautiful take home rainbow at the end.

Xx
Me 29
DH 30
Oscar forever 5 months
Our beautiful son Oscar, born 24/2/14 at 32 weeks with Tetralogy of Fallot, oesophageal atresia and tracheo oesophageal fistula. Earned his wings aged 5 months and 1 day.

Oscar is going to be a big brother. BFP #2 29/11/14

Arlo William, our beautiful rainbow born safely 22nd July 2015

s4mm13

Postby Leslieerinb » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:42 am

Aw- thanks - you are so sweet. I have betas tomorrow and Monday to watch my levels and then hopefully an ultrasound near 25 dpo to rule out another ectopic. There is a 25% chance of another ectopic so it is hard not to worry about it. Thanks for chiming in and hopefully we will hear from some other that may be going through the same thing.

It looks like you are due soon, s4mm?
Leslieerinb
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby s4mm13 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:03 pm

Yes. My rainbow will be arriving on Wednesday! I have a lot of different emotions about it and am generally quite confused TBH.

I hope that you can get some support from others who have been through a similar situation, if not on this board then maybe the due date clubs where I do know of other ladies who have suffered multiple early loss.

I'm hoping for good news from your appointment and send you lots and lots of sticky dust. Xx
Me 29
DH 30
Oscar forever 5 months
Our beautiful son Oscar, born 24/2/14 at 32 weeks with Tetralogy of Fallot, oesophageal atresia and tracheo oesophageal fistula. Earned his wings aged 5 months and 1 day.

Oscar is going to be a big brother. BFP #2 29/11/14

Arlo William, our beautiful rainbow born safely 22nd July 2015

s4mm13

Postby TeamSmizznoeBaby » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:35 pm

I had an ectopic pregnancy prior to this pregnancy. Had left tube removed (emergency surgery) on 1/10 this year.
May was our first month back TTC and we conceived that month :)
Pregnancy was confirmed intrauterine at 6 weeks.
Best of luck to you!
Me: Melody (37), DH: Shawn (36)
:angel: baby PJ - ectopic - January 10, 2015
:bfp: 5/24/15 (9DPO)! Preston James born January 22,2016
:bfp: 2/25/17!
TeamSmizznoeBaby
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Leslieerinb » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:07 am

Thanks ladies. Good to have a support system. I'm glad you both have rainbow babies!!!

My ectopic was just this last April. I didn't have s tube removed, but had methotrexate :/ my eras looked good so far (14 dpo 421 and 17 dpo 853!). This doesn't rule out ectopic, but it is promising. Hoping to get an ultrasound in the next two weeks to rule out ectopic. I'll keep you posted and please go the same.
Leslieerinb
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Hopefulmommy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Congrats on your BFP! I know it can be so nerve wracking after an ectopic to see if the baby is in the right place and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything is fine. I had an ectopic in October 2014 (didn't' know it was ectopic, at first, assumed was mc that dissolved naturally) then another in December where my right tube ruptured and was removed in January. I conceived 4 weeks later and now am 28 weeks along. There is hope! With both my ectopics, I had brown spotting/period like bleeding and a very late bfp and with this one, I didn't have any bleeding and got my bfp at 14 dpo. Are your pregnancy symptoms similar with that of your first baby?
Hopefulmommy
Friend

Postby Leslieerinb » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:31 am

Hi hopeful mommy-
I didn't have any significant symptoms with my ectopic. No pain or bleeding at all. My hcg just started to drop once it got to 5000. I also had s blighted ovum prior to ectopic which basically had all symptoms of a typical pregnancy as well and rising hcg of 60,000 so it is really hard for me to discriminate if this pregnancy will be successful based on symptoms or hcg... :/
My symptoms this time are extreme dizziness and lightheaded was which my doctor isn't concerned about. Slightly sore bb's, occasional sharp cramps or twinges.
Leslieerinb
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Pregnant After a Loss