How are you staying sane until first ultrasound?

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

How are you staying sane until first ultrasound?

Postby ozzysgirl » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:00 pm

I'm currently 5 weeks pregnant, hoping and praying this is our take- home baby. I've been trying so hard not to stress out, but after so many losses and years of infertility it is hard. I am on progesterone every night before bed due to recurrent miscarriages. That being said, I got my :bfp: at 10dpo and started betas at 11dpo, the numbers are in my signature. My RE office kept telling me they were on the low side :? but since they are doubling properly I am trying not to stress out. They scheduled my first ultrasound for the 21st at 6w4d. I am going nuts in the meantime. I am still POAS daily to make sure the lines are getting darker, since I am done with betas. I just don't have many symptoms and that worries me... like if I had more symptoms I would know baby is ok.. my friend keeps encouraging me to fake cramps and go to the er to at minimum get another beta but possibly an ultrasound... and the more she says it the more tempting it gets :oops:

Any suggestions to keep myself sane while I'm waiting for ultrasound appointment?
Me: Ally (28) :hb: DH: Austin (26)

5 Angels:
:angel: 1/06 chemical
:angel: 6/18/07 Dillen @ 42 weeks
:angel: 9/07 chemical
:angel: 12/12 early miscarriage
:angel: 7/15 chemical

:bfp: at 10dpo on 8/30/15

It's a BOY! :babyb:
Declan is due May 13!

ozzysgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: How are you staying sane until first ultrasound?

Postby Kandi » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:27 pm

The best I can say is to take each day one at a time. Its super stressful worrying about the ultrasound, and stress isn't good for you or that sticky bean!
Take time to make sure you relax each and every day and the 21st will come faster then you expect!!
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24, 2015!
Kandi
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: How are you staying sane until first ultrasound?

Postby efina » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:08 am

I so understand your worries. Right now I'm just thankful for every symptom I have, and I'm holding on to the hope that those are good signs that my bean is doing well in there. My symptoms worsened today, so that makes me feel better. I have my u/s Thursday, so 3 more days to go. Can't wait! Hang in there.
Me 30, DH 37
Missed miscarriage and D&C at 9w1d March 2015, followed with a couple of chemical pregnancies
This will be our first <3
Betas: 47 at 11dpo, 370 at 14dpo, 3376 at 20dpo

efina
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to Pregnant After a Loss