Vaginal capsule of progesterone... PLEASE HELP...

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Vaginal capsule of progesterone... PLEASE HELP...

Postby miss27 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:02 am

Hello,
I am pregnant and had 2 mc before... I am now taking progesterone vaginaly. It's 2 litlle capsule that I need to insert before going to bed at night and 1 hour before walking up.
I try to insert it has far has I could but I wonder if it's still not far enought. When I wake up this morning, i had some thick creamy cm (i think it was some of the capsule...)

For those of you who use it, does it also do that???

I want to make sure I use it correctly so it help my little bean!

Thank you
miss27
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby LMS172 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:49 am

Miss,
I never took progesterone vaginally, only by shot and orally, but I have heard from a lot of women who use the suppositories that it is very messy. I would expect that you'd have a bit of discharge the next morning from it. Actually some women I know had to wear a panty liner throughout the day because it kept leaking out.
Best of luck with this prognancy. I'll be thinking of you. I've had two miscarriages myself and I know how nervous you are.

Lori
Lori - 40 Mike - 45
DSD Megan - 10
DS - Jack 3
DD - Emma born 10/20/11
:angel: 12/05
:angel: 12/06
ImageImage
LMS172
Angel
Angel

Postby nelli » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:31 pm

I too have had 2 previous ms and now almost 6 weeks pg. I am on progesterone vaginally also. I take my before bed. I'm sure you are putting it up far enough. my nurse told me just go as far as u can, well I am very uncomfortable with it so I usually go about 2-3 inches. it gets easier the more u do it. You will have very yellow dishcharge the next morning and maybe the whole day. I have to wear a panty liner all day and night. Sounds pretty horrible but the end results should be worth it! Good luck with everything.
nelli
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby miss27 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:06 pm

So Nelli and LMS172,
Do you think you had more pregnancy symptoms while taking progesterone? Do you know how long it take to really help your pregnancy, like is it right away when you start using it the first time?
miss27
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby nelli » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:19 pm

The only symptom it gives me is bloating. I took it in September while we were trying to get pg and it made me bloat so bad. October we were actually "on a break" from trying and got pregnant. So now that I am pg I am very bloated again. Also I found out on a Wed and had my Beta and my progesterone levels tested. That day my prog. level was 15. On Friday I retested and my level went up to 23 so I would say it starts to work pretty fast. Keep us posted on how you are doing! Also...when do you go for your first u/s? My RE isn't taking me until Nov. 26! I dunno if I can wait that much longer! :D :D :D :D :D
nelli
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LMS172 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:59 am

I don't think that the progeterone increased my symptoms all that much except for the bloating as Nelli mentioned. I had been taking progesterone orally with my last pregancy that ended in a miscarriage and I didn't have many symptoms. This pregnancy I had much stronger symptoms and terrible nausea even after I stopped the progesterone at 12 weeks. My Dr told me to stop taking it the first day of my 12th week. The placenta takes over at about 8-10 weeks so the progesterone is no longer needed. Some doctors tell you to stop earlier and some, like mine, let you keep taking it until you're almost out of the first trimester.
Good luck Nelli and Miss27, I know how nervous you both are. I'm in my second trimester and still have anxiety attacks before every Dr's visit but it does get better. Just take it week by week.

Lori
Lori - 40 Mike - 45
DSD Megan - 10
DS - Jack 3
DD - Emma born 10/20/11
:angel: 12/05
:angel: 12/06
ImageImage
LMS172
Angel
Angel

Return to Pregnant After a Loss