hard time believing

A special place to talk about your pregnancy after a loss.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

hard time believing

Postby Pamela_3x » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:04 am

First I want to say, I truly deeply feel for all you ladies. I have been trying to have #2 for three years now, and have suffered two miscarriages. One missed M/c july 06 @ 11 weeks. Another forseen miscarriage july 07 @ 7w3d.
I was wondering if any of you find yours selfs being very cynical, disbeliving and sarcastic about your pregnancies. This is my 4th pregnancy. And we were planning a trip to disney in april. My friend said, "well your be pregnant at disney world". And before I could catch myself I said, "If I make it that far." She was taken aback and I apologized for being so short when i know she meant no harm. But I find myself thinking and doing little things like that. Like the dr said we would do ultrasounds after betas hit a certain number and I think, yeah if they ever do. Is this absolutely nuts of me...or does any one else feel the same way. I want this baby soo sooo sooo very bad. But i just can't seem to really believe it will make it here.

Pamela_3x
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Tinkerz » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:16 am

Of course! In fact, im 20 weeks and I still feel this way from time to time.

The beginning of this pregnancy i tried to be as happy as i could, all the while having a little panic attack each time someone asked how far along i was. The worst part is people saying "well, if something happens they cant stop it." ugh.

But we are all here for you when you wanna get all of your frustrations out!
Tori & Rob
Emmy - 3-15-05
Robbie - 5-18-08

Tinkerz
Star Member
Star Member

Postby kaw » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:38 pm

I'm nearly 40 weeks and still freak out everytime i have to hear the heartbeat(after missed mc) and I wont relax till he's here.. so you are very normal! I was forever saying things like...oh if I'm pregnant at Christmas..etc..
Mum to two wonderful boys
Ethan(feb 2008) & Liam (feb 10)
Still missing my babies due 24/08/07 and 24/08/09
kaw
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kelliej » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:32 pm

Absolutely! My friends were so careful with me, because I actually told them not to be bubbly about it around me for a VERY long time. I'm only now starting to believe he'll be here soon. But otherwise, the miscarriages certainly made me cynical, and robbed me of an innocence about pregnancy that I think most people take for granted.
Kellie-38
DH-44
Our Boy Dot 8/2005
Our Girl Speck 3/2006
Michael our IVF miracle! Born 3/29/08
kelliej

Re: hard time believing

Postby bailie » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Pamela_3x wrote:First I want to say, I truly deeply feel for all you ladies. I have been trying to have #2 for three years now, and have suffered two miscarriages. One missed M/c july 06 @ 11 weeks. Another forseen miscarriage july 07 @ 7w3d.
I was wondering if any of you find yours selfs being very cynical, disbeliving and sarcastic about your pregnancies. This is my 4th pregnancy. And we were planning a trip to disney in april. My friend said, "well your be pregnant at disney world". And before I could catch myself I said, "If I make it that far." She was taken aback and I apologized for being so short when i know she meant no harm. But I find myself thinking and doing little things like that. Like the dr said we would do ultrasounds after betas hit a certain number and I think, yeah if they ever do. Is this absolutely nuts of me...or does any one else feel the same way. I want this baby soo sooo sooo very bad. But i just can't seem to really believe it will make it here.

Hi there! I was lurking and noticed your post. We were in the same DDC for Sept 08 and I was so concerned when you left and never came back. I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm not sure if your ticker is up to date but I feel confident that you'll be holding a baby in your arms one day soon!
DD1: 3 DD2: 2 DS: 10 months already!
bailie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopeSutton » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:58 pm

after 3 miscarriages,. and a stillbirth at almost 20 weeks, we are going to start TTC again soon..

it scares the hell out ot me to be honest
Me 31 Dh 35
DD 22, DS 4 DD Marley Memphis Angel 2 years , DD 20 months , 3 early losses, + 1 stillbirth
Incomeptent cervix
This time: cervical shortening from 17wks. Rescue cerclage placed at 22wks, was 100% effaced, 1cm dilated, waters bulging.

we were done having babies.. but Surprise!

]Image Cystic Hygroma with fetalis hydrops, we love you Marley

hopeSutton
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnant After a Loss