Concerned Newbie - Please Help Interpret Low Beta after IVF

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Concerned Newbie - Please Help Interpret Low Beta after IVF

Postby emo82 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:54 pm

We just went through our first IVF cycle (with SIRM) after a few years of dealing with pcos and endometriosis which took an ovary. 30 year old female with one remaining ovary, 31 year old male with no issues.

14 eggs retreived on Friday 1-11-13

3 Blasts / Early Blasts transferred on day 6 (Thursday 1-17)

First beta on 1-22-13 (5dp6dt) was 1.

Second beta on 1-24-13 (7dp6dt) was 10.9.

We're now being asked to go back for a 3rd beta on Monday 1-28-13. The docs say they are cautiously optimsitc for an early October baby. They are not yet framing this as bad news, but we have read probably more than we should on the internet and are on pins and needles. Can I get some honest evaluation from some of you who have been through this before about how I should interpret these numbers?
emo82

Re: Concerned Newbie - Please Help Interpret Low Beta after

Postby emo82 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:49 pm

Update: We got today's blood test results back and the number has now risen to 41, so at this point we are officially considered preggars! The IVF doc gave us a congratulations and is releasing us to our OB for a couple more followup blood tests and an ultrasound on Feb 8th. Just thought I would post this update in case anyone similar to me stumbles across it and it can give them a little peace.
emo82

Postby sadiegirl » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:15 pm

That's great news! Congrats! And it gives me hope! My beta today is 16. I ovulated a day or two later than we thought I would and I had what could be implantation bleeding yesterday. Second beta is Thursday. Praying its good news like yours. I just had a miscarriage in August. Praying I don't go through that again.

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

Melanie (33)
DH (38)
DS (4)
It's a girl!
sadiegirl
Angel
Angel

Postby emo82 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:22 pm

I will be praying for you. We really thought we were doomed with our original beta numbers, but at this point it's just looking like it was a late implantation. I'm hoping the same for you.
emo82

Postby KJ511 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:16 am

Hi ladies. I want to welcome you to the board and let you know that you have another pray-er on your side! :) Please let us know how your appointments go!
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

The Zebra family! :)
KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby sadiegirl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:51 pm

Thanks so much!! I'm still waiting by the phone. It's the latest they have ever been with calling me. I'm preparing myself for some bad news.

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

Melanie (33)
DH (38)
DS (4)
It's a girl!
sadiegirl
Angel
Angel

Postby kmannin9 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:21 am

CONGRATS!!! My beta with a natural pregnancy was 54 at 11 dpo. The same day right before they took blood my pee test for the doctor was negitive, You talk about confused. At first they only told me my blood test was positive... then I went to the office and demanded a copy of the lab. yeah. I was a nervous wreck until that was in my hand! I implanted around 6dpo. that was when I had a tiny spot of brown discharge, tiny grain of rice tiny so would have missed it if I wasn't delibritaly looking.
kmannin9

Return to Newbies