BFP on 5/14/13

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

BFP on 5/14/13

Postby Wood Elf » Fri May 31, 2013 6:18 pm

Hello everyone ~

I tested positive May 14th of this year. I have a 30 day cycle usually and this was day 32. Tested around 9 in the evening and got a DARK positive line pretty much instantaneously. I'm 33 and DP is 39 (he has 4 teen~grown kids already from a previous marriage). The only thing that made me think something was up was the sore, huge bbs that I never get on my period. That and I was having near~narcoleptic episodes of sleepiness, which are still going on. According to DP I was being abnormally moody, difficult, and confrontational as well the week or so before I tested. I just thought we were going through a not~getting~along~so~well patch.

My moods are definitely all over the map now that I'm actually paying attention. Bbs are getting bigger by the day, are rock solid, and are soooo sensitive...I think most of my weight gain has been in boobs. I'm very underweight for my height (former eating disorder) and have gained almost 8 lbs already which I hope isn't too abnormal. I used to practically live on coffee but the last couple of weeks I've had NO desire for it, in fact just thinking about it makes me queasy. And the last week I have started getting bad bouts of nausea every time I eat, even though I have a raging appetite 24/7 it seems.

Anyhow, that's my story so far. I'm not sure how I feel about all this because we were definitely not trying and I was hoping for a negative when I decided to test. I'm not sure how much of that is me being loopy~drunk on hormones though, lol :)
Me~ 33, DP~ 39...NOT ttc...BFP~ 5/14/13Image
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Wood Elf
Friend

Re: BFP on 5/14/13

Postby lalalindsayy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:24 am

Hello!

So is this your first child?? I definitely know the feeling of wishing it was negative lol I was pregnant with my DD when I was 18, but she turned out to be the most wonderful thing in my life. I thought I never wanted kids, I never knew how to act around them and I never babysat. My daughter was actually the very first baby I held and the first diaper I ever changed.

Right now, I am pregnant with baby #2. I am actually getting married in 3 weeks, but my cycle got messed up in April, so I told my DF he has to get me pregnant otherwise I will be on my period on our wedding and I wasn't down for that LOL. The first time we tried, I got pregnant! I still can't believe it. I got my BFP May 20 and according to all the due date calculators, I think I am due Jan 30. I am 25, DF is 29 and DD is 6.

Symptoms so far - I feel GREAT! I was super exhausted with DD and always felt nauseous, but never ever got sick once. This time, I can't sleep at all and I have so much energy. My bb's hurt SO bad though, too. I wish they would just fall off sometimes. I've been craving jalapeños like crazy.

Do you know what your due date is? And have you gone to the doctors yet? My first doctors appointment is this Tuesday. We haven't told our family yet because we think it might be way too much for them to handle right now with the wedding and everything. We're going to wait until after our first ultrasound (if I can even keep it in that long) Do the other kids know about your pregnancy yet?
lalalindsayy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Wood Elf » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:29 am

lalalindsayy~

First off double~congrats on your pregnancy AND getting married, I'm so happy for you! I am in very much the same boat as you were with your first: this is my first and I have NO baby experience. My little brother is 6 years younger than me and I didn't really take part in much of the baby stuff when he was born, and my sister is 22 years younger than me and she was born when I was in college so I wasn't around her at all. So I'm wondering how I'm going to handle everything, hopefully nature takes over :p

I haven't been to the doctor yet, but I'm about 7ish weeks along and my EDD is January 18th. We already told a couple of people in his family and they seemed happy about it. His kids are really happy about it, especially the girls. He has a HUGE family and there are always babies and toddlers around at get~togethers, but my family is quite small and this will be the first baby any of us "kids" has had. So when I told my family they just flipped out (in a good way!). I'm still feeling wierd about the whole thing because I have wanted kids just not right this second, because I love my career and am not sure how I feel about giving it up right now. But at the same time I always told myself when I did have kids I wanted to stay home with them the first few years so...I guess we'll see what happens.

I hope your upcoming doctor's appointment goes beautifully, and here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy :)
Me~ 33, DP~ 39...NOT ttc...BFP~ 5/14/13Image
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Wood Elf
Friend

Postby lalalindsayy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:53 am

Thanks for the congrats! Congrats to you, too!!

Well the good thing for you is that he already has LOTS of experience with children. Honestly, it will probably just come naturally, at least it did for me. I use to think it was so awkward when I baby looked at me, but now I am all goggly-eyed every time I see a baby. I think having a baby is scary for everyone, no matter how great you think you are with kids, and no matter how prepared you think you are. It's a HUGE change in your life and it's definitely going to be difficult. It is also very wonderful and such a rewarding experience. I look at my daughter every day and can't believe how much she has grown into this beautiful little person that I created and it's amazing how I was the one who taught her pretty much everything she knows. I just LOVE being a mom, I could cry right now thinking about it haha.
As for your career, what do you do? Lots of women work and have children. Is it the kind of job that you absolutely can't go back to because you have a child? I had my daughter when I was in my last year of high school, and she did not stop me from finishing on getting my high school, plus 4 years of college, and working random full-time and part-time jobs. I was a single mom through most of those years. I don't know how it is where you live, but if we make below a certain amount, we get free childcare, so that was definitely a BIG help.
I know it's scary, but I'm sure it's all going to work out for the best.
Have you scheduled a doctors appointment at all? and are you taking prenatal vitamins? Everything baby related is SO expensive where I live. Thankfully, I live in a boarder town (Ontario/Michigan). Everything is so much cheaper in Michigan. I actually got prenatal vitamins for $3, I hope they are good enough!! hahahaha
lalalindsayy
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Newbies