Simultaneously Happy and Nervous!

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Simultaneously Happy and Nervous!

Postby J.Erica » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:49 am

I got my first ever BFP this morning so I'm still a bit rattled!

I'm J.Erica, 27-years-old and my DH (30) and I have been married for four years this Friday (6/14). We have no kids but lots of pets! I'm looking forward to having a support group like the ladies in the TTC forum.
Image My Ovulation Chart

ME: Age 27
HUSBAND: Age 30
BFP on 6/9/13...our first!

Dori couldn't be bothered to have her picture taken.
J.Erica

Re: Simultaneously Happy and Nervous!

Postby lady_lizzie1119 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Welcome and congrats!! I got mine on the 30th of may. This is also my first ever and i am feeling the same exact things you are. Looks like there is less support here than in the ttc forums though. I posted my story a few days ago and didn't get a single reply. Hopefully you have a better outcome :) what baby related things have you done so far? Have you told anyone yet?

Sending you a hug, some luck and stickyvibes!
Me: 21
Dh: 23
5/30/2013: BFP!!!!

lady_lizzie1119

Postby RedsFan6504 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Congratulations! I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow and I'm still dealing with that nervousness! Can't wait for it to pass so I can enjoy this amazing time. :)

Love your furbabies! So precious!
RedsFan6504

Postby J.Erica » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks for your replies, ladies! I guess there might just be a bigger volume of people on the TTC boards is the reason there aren't many replies here.
As far as baby related things, I've not really done anything. I've not told anyone yet. Mine and DH's 4th wedding anniversary is Friday, so that's when I'm gonna tell him. I'm gonna get a pair of baby Converse Chuck Taylor's and wrap them like a gift to give him. I think I may wait until after the first doctor's appointment to tell everyone else...just in case. I haven't had any major symptoms, so that has me a little worried. Aside from boob pain/enlargement, fatigue, and a few light cramps here and there, nada. My fingers are crossed. Thanks for the well-wishes, Lizzie! Same to you too!
RedsFan, thank you! I love my furbabies! I'm sure the nervousness is something that doesn't really fully go away. I worry about EVERYTHING, so I may have a breakdown by the time this ends!
Image My Ovulation Chart

J.Erica

Postby Thinkpink2013 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 pm

Congratulations on your pregnancy Erica! That's great news! I'm 13 weeks today due 12/20 so a little Christmas baby :) can't wait. I wouldn't worry about the lack of symptoms, I think what your feeling is normal for how many weeks u are, from 6/7 mine kicked it up a notch, the sickness kicked in lol! Starting to feel better now which is good. This is my 3rd so feel free to ask me any questions :) I'm around every day, u will find these boards are very quiet compared to the ttc but I'm here a fair bit! X
Thinkpink2013
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby tylerplus1more » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:23 pm

Yeah I find them very quiet compared to the ttc boards, but I find that your due date club can be a bit busier than the general pregnancy forums

Congrats and have a h&h9mths!!
Christy(me)-28 Doug(DH)-32
DS-6yrs-06/10/07
BFP 5/5/13 - EDD 1/16/14
Having repeat c-section

U/S 7w3d- baby measured perfectly! Heartrate 154!!
U/S 9w0d- baby measured perfect again! Doc says "this one wrote the book on how to grow"
U/S 10w6d- baby measured 11w1d heartrate was 168!!!
13w0d- dr Doppler heartrate 160!!
U/S 17w0d- hr-157 it's a.... BOY!!! Peyton (middle to be decided still)
My BFF is team pink and.....
tylerplus1more
Star Member
Star Member

Postby J.Erica » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:12 pm

Thank you both! Within the last couple of days, I've felt just a little bit nauseous here and there. The fatigue sure has picked up though! Holy smokes! I feel like I'm sleepwalking at work! I'm a little nervous about telling the people at work, and I have to decide on a doc soon! It's rather overwhelming!
Image My Ovulation Chart

J.Erica

Postby Jenbfp#3 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:31 am

Hi and congrats!

My edd is Feb 18, 2014. I had barely any symtoms my first two pregnancies. This time I have had a lot of nausea and heartburn already. lol Saltines are my best friend!
Me: 38
DH: 33
DD: 3.5
DD:19 months
Due with number three February 18, 2013

Jenbfp#3

Postby J.Erica » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:52 am

Hey there, Jen! Thank you and congrats to you too! I'm starting to get a little nausea here and there, but bearable. Not pleasant, but bearable.
Image My Ovulation Chart

J.Erica

Return to Newbies