I am old and new all in one.

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

I am old and new all in one.

Postby 2014 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Hello to everyone,

I am new to this board and still trying to feel myself around. I read all posts with the utmost of pleasure and happiness for everyone.

I am much older than a lot on the board so I really feel out of place. I am 45 years of age and ttc to conceive a baby, have been trying
for some time without success. Got pregnant twice, once twelve years ago and the other about three years ago and both child died one
ended in M/C the other lived for almost two weeks. When I turned 45 three weeks I had promise myself that I was giving up on trying
that I am too old to be a mom and whatever God has in store for me I will accept but looking back I realise just how badly I would love
to have a child. I live in a country where the average age of a mom is around 22/24 so I am basically a great grandmother by some standards and when I see my former classmate they are talking about their grand children which hurts a lot. Currently I am in a confuse state of mind
cause I don't want anyone to know that I am secretly trying for a child. I took a fsh and lh test back in August a few days before my period and the readings/results were fsh 3.59 and lh 4.27 and prolactin was low as well. I would think that with my age the fsh would be somewhere around 25 miu but no so now I am confuse because I am not sure what to make of it. I know that I cannot continue to be hoping and I don't want to ivf or anything like that I want it natural but I kept asking myself if I am foolish for wanting things like this.

last month I had a 28 day cycle, my cycle usually average 31/33 days but is coming of late at 30 days except last month and I have BD on CD 6,7,10,16,17, 22,23 and hoping that something has happen. I am also taking vitex for the past month or so, vitamin B complex for some time, folic acid, magnesium, burdock roots at various times and B6. I am truly hoping that I get a positive as of late I am not having my symptoms of breast tenderness or anything of the sort so finger cross, due for AF next.

Sorry for the long message, this was suppose to be brief but I just got carried away please forgive me.

Return to Newbies