BFP 9 dpo!

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

BFP 9 dpo!

Postby Sarah_GoatLady » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:36 am

Hi Ladies,

Brand spankin' new to this side of TWW! I've been on the TTC side for several months (SarahTTC1) and a couple days ago I got my very first BFP (ever!!!)!! I am so excited and cannot wait to tell DH this afternoon. Here are a few pics from the first test at 9 dpo and this morning at 11 dpo:

Tests from 9 dpo in the evening:

Tests from 11 dpo FMU:

Not sure where to go from here on this board. Looking forward to getting to know a lot of you! My due date is August 1st 2014. Woohoo!!!
Me - 27
DH - 38
Married 5/19/2012
TTC for #1 since March 2013
Nov 17th - First BFP!

My Ovulation Chart
Sarah_GoatLady

Re: BFP 9 dpo!

Postby Readyfor3* » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:53 am

Welcome Sarah!!! If you go to the due date clubs, you will find an August 2013 club. Since you're due August 1st, I would say that you can even jump in July until August fills up a little since you will probably be the only person in there right now. A lot of women will join both groups if they're late or early in the month. Congrats on your BFP!!! Welcome to the longest part of the wait :)
Dsd #1- 12
Dsd #2- 10
Ds- 6/21/14

Bfp 8/19/15- EDD 5/5/16

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Readyfor3*
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sarah_GoatLady » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:57 am

Hi Ready!! I am so happy to see you here! I will definitely join the July and August groups! Thanks for the advice :) I am just beginning to realize that this is going to be just as stressful as TTC, isn't it!?! Making sure I am eating the right things, and not the wrong things. Taking care of myself. Dealing with aches, pains and nausea. I am going to miss my evening beer, too! All for the best thing that will ever happen to us, though :) SoOOOO excited!!!
Me - 27
DH - 38
Married 5/19/2012
Nov 17th - First BFP!

My Ovulation Chart
Sarah_GoatLady

Postby Readyfor3* » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:26 am

Oh yes, being pregnant has made me miss the short TWW. I found out at 9dpo too which was 3 weeks 2 days. 9 weeks tomorrow and still waiting for my 1st appointment at 10 weeks 4 days. I hope things go faster for you early on since you'll have the holidays as a distraction. I wish I had advice to help with the stress but I'm the worst person to ask haha. The hardest thing for me has been seeing all of the early losses in my DDC. I hate that any woman has to go through that and it caused me to live in constant fear that I would be next. Just try and stay positive and focus on sending positive vibes to your baby. Hang in there and enjoy every minute of it. It might feel like its dragging but before you know it, the first trimester will be over.
Dsd #1- 12
Dsd #2- 10
Ds- 6/21/14

Bfp 8/19/15- EDD 5/5/16

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Readyfor3*
Star Member
Star Member

Postby SherBears » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:35 pm

Sarah!! I saw your posts on the TWW side and was so excited to see you got your bfp. Congrats!

I am not too far ahead of you. 5 weeks today (due July 23rd)... I'm still kinda in disbelief. I'm glad for this community to help with all the questions I will inevitably have. :)
SherBears

Postby Sarah_GoatLady » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:42 pm

Ready - all of the losses I have heard about on the TTC side have instilled the same fear in me. I keep POAS to see if it gets darker and so far so good but it is so hard not to worry about it. I am going to try my hardest to stay positive and just focus on being healthy and enjoying the holidays. You are right, the holidays will help pass the time but I am worried about being sick and trying not to tell people too early!! The second I refuse a drink everyone in my life will know something is up. I am not the type of person to refuse a drink, especially when one is offered! I usually ask for one! Haha. I'll have to get creative.

Sher - Thank you and congrats to you too!!! It is so unbelievable isn't it?! Are you feeling any symptoms? What's your back story? Is this your first? How long were you TTCing? We were TTCing for 9 months so we are happy to at least know we can conceive and are so hoping for a sticky bean! I am going to join the July DDC because if I go by CD1 my due date is July 30th and if I go by when I Od it is August 1st. So it goes either way! I am sure I will be asking all kinds of questions and I hope this side is as wonderful as the TTC side. So many fantastic women over there! So supportive!
Me - 27
DH - 38
Married 5/19/2012
Nov 17th - First BFP!

My Ovulation Chart
Sarah_GoatLady

Postby SherBears » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:58 am

I completely agree about how supportive the TTC women are. I learned so much, and thankfully, we were only actively (tempting/ opks) trying for 3 months so I'm incredibly grateful. Had a chemical last month so I am also constantly worrying about if this one will stick. I'm trying to be positive, but like you Ready, can't help but think about it. I took another CB digi this week just to make sure it went from 1-2 wks to 2-3 wks. I KNOW I'll be doing it again next week...! This will be my first with my husband (married july 2012 so it'll be a wonderful anniversary present!!!). We are both in academia so waited a little longer to try for a family.

So far, the only symptoms I've noticed are swollen heavy breasts (sports bra feels amazing), gassy (lovely), and bloated. I'm eating pretty well and actually kinda enjoying the extra calories I can EAT now that I've cut out alcohol... though I'm like you Sarah, still look longingly at that after-work beer now and again. I've noticed that to my surprise, I tend to not really want it after all once I think about it (just the habit of it?). Oh.. and the most prominent symptom of all has to be the sheer exhaustion. I've been in bed between 8:30 and 9:30 most nights for the past two weeks. And then I sleep like a rock.

I'm so excited to have some buddies to talk to about all this stuff.. hope things are progressing well for both of you :)
SherBears

Postby Sarah_GoatLady » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:01 am

Sher - I have pretty much the exact same symptoms as you do! Total exhaustion. I have gone to bed by 9 and 9:30 for the past few nights and slept all night (for the most part, woke up at 330am to my cat barfing all over the place, lovely). I am gassy, tender BBs and bloated too and some slight cramping but that's about it. I am starting to get this sensation of nausea but I can fight it back pretty easy so it's not bad.

Going to set up my first appointment today I cannot wait to get that on the calendar!

Sher - I think I am going to join the July boards so I'll catch up with you there!!

So exciting!!
Me - 27
DH - 38
Married 5/19/2012
Nov 17th - First BFP!

My Ovulation Chart
Sarah_GoatLady

Return to Newbies