Cautiously excited

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Cautiously excited

Postby Shanadoll » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi all :) It is very weird being able to be on this side of the forum instead of the TTC side!!

DH and I finally got our first ever BFP this past monday after almost three years of trying. This was our third IUI and are still in shock that it worked. So far so good!!! I know almost everything about TTC and infertility but have a lot to learn still about pregnancy and a baby.

My beta numbers were doubling beautifully earlier this week (14DPIUI-157, 17DPIUI-636, doubling time 35.67hrs) so the RE did not see the need to do a third and has scheduled me for a viability ultrasound in 16 days. I am praying with every ounce of my being that this baby is in the right place and has a beautiful strong heartbeat!!!!

My symptoms have come and gone over the last two weeks which makes me nervous but from what I understand that is very normal for being so early on (I will be 5 weeks tomorrow).
Me - 26 - Suspected PCOS
DH - 28 - Slightly low T and low morphology

TTC since January 2011 - started with RE in Sept 2013

October 2013 - IUI #1 - 50mg Clomid CD4-8, 100mg Clomid CD12-16, Ovidrel - BFN
November 2013 - IUI #2 - 5mg Femara CD4-8, Ovidrel - Chemical pregnancy :'(
December 2013 - IUI #3 - 5mg Femara CD3-7, Ovidrel - BFP!!!!!!! Beta 1: 157, Beta 2: 636 (doubling time 35.67 hours)
January 14, 2014 - Viability ultrasound - Measuring 7w4d with a beautiful heart beat of 146bpm!!!
Shanadoll
Friend

Re: Cautiously excited

Postby Kitcat1105 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Congrats!
I know how you feel! It took me 3 years as well. I tried IUI and IVF over a year ago. When it didn't work, we took a break. The only things I did differently was starting to take methyl b12 and methyl folate because my sister found out she has a gene mutation which makes her unable to convert folic acid and b12. Now that I've Googled it and have learned that this has helped others conceive, I'm convinced it was my problem all along!

I understand your nervousness and feel the same way about being on this side of things! I'm getting HCG progression results tomorrow and if all is well an ultrasound next week when I'll be 6 1/2 weeks.

Congrats again and welcome!!!
BFP after 38 months, this was a natural surprise after taking a break from infertility treatments. I was "unexplained"
Me: 36
DH: 41
First child, estimated due date Sept 5

Kitcat1105
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Newbies