1st appointment at 8 weeks-disappointed

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

1st appointment at 8 weeks-disappointed

Postby beautiful_ending » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:03 am

After doing some investigations online I was excited to read that most women have a urine as well as blood test to confirm positive pregnancy numbers, a physical , PAP, overall physical exam, and SOME even have an early ultrasound at their first appointment at 8 weeks. I contacted the Hospital to see what I should expect at my first appointment Friday, February 14, 2014. I, too, will be 8 weeks at this appointment. I was curious on whether or not my husband should be present, I mean, who wants to miss their first ultra sound!?!?! Well....it seems I got my hopes up...for NOTHING! The only thing this appointment is for, is to reliay all family health history, questions and concerns......needless to say, I am SO disappointed...I was hoping for more.....*sigh* I suppose it will make my 12-14 week appointment that much more thrilling.....but that is a long wait for a mama who has tried so hard for this blessing....
beautiful_ending

Re: 1st appointment at 8 weeks-disappointed

Postby beautiful_ending » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:48 pm

what did you expect for your first appointment and what was your real experience?
beautiful_ending

Postby babygurl6688 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:28 pm

normally the first ultrasound is a to dating ultrasound ... to make sure every thing is the right size and that baby is where it should be for this justation... but ull have fun seeing baby with the hubby next time for sure.... baby will be bigger and and ull be the happiest uve ever been to see ur baby :) congrats :)
babygurl6688
Friend

Postby KayBaby » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:02 pm

I had to change dr's b/c I was dissatisfied with my first app. I had been seeing the same obgyn for years in fact she delivered my daughter, but when i was pregnant in April and July I was not happy with my boring first appointments which were just questions! She said she doesn't even check for the HB until around 12 weeks! Both of those pregnancies ended in miscarriages.

With this pregnancy I am very happy with my new dr. At the first appointment he asked very good questions and listened to my concerns. I was 6wks5days and I got a transvagial u/s and pictures.

A week later I called back b/c I was just so worried with hving had past miscarriages I needed to hear a heartbeat. The dr told me he would rather take 5mins out of his busy schedule to accommodate a concerned patient (me) then to hv me wait weeks until my next appointment to do something so simple, quick, and satisfying such as hearing a heartbeat! Loved it! I'm do happy I changed dr's! that was 5 weeks ago I'm now 16 weeks.
KayBaby
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Newbies