Hiding pregnancy from family!

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Hiding pregnancy from family!

Postby mandytee » Thu May 22, 2014 10:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Em and I just wanted to say a quick hello!

I'm 26 years old, engaged to be married to my fiancé in August. He lives 4 hours away so we see each other every weekend.

I currently live at home with my ultra conservative parents (who probably think im still a virgin) lol. Until I'm married, I'm going to try and hide this pregnancy. It sounds childish but I'd rather 1) wait to see if this is actually going to be viable to avoid them getting anxious and excited all at the same time. Also 2) I want to change my health habits around and get everything in order before they start getting on my case.

I just found out I'm pregnant last night. I saw a faint positive on a cheapo test and retested today with those generic drugstore ones. POSITIVE.

I'm mostly worried about:

1) My eating and exercise habits.
I'm a runner. I run about 5-8k a day. But I eat really poorly. I eat mostly sugar sugar and more sugar. I'm hoping to continue exercising but I also want to eat wayyy more healthy.

2) That I'll get too big for my wedding dress and my clothes.

I'm only 5'2 and quite petite so I'll definately have to change my style to looser clothing

4) That I'll miscarry.
I really didn't plan this to happen. We just weren't careful. I'm gonna make an appointment with the dr as soon as possible and get as much information as possible. Now that things are registering a bit...I'm getting excited:) I want to deliver a happy and healthy baby!

5) That my boss will find out

I JUST started a new job...enough said...

Anyways, I'm hoping that once I get all the information from my doctor and get my health together, I can share my experience with you ladies and get some tips and advice about everyday happenings.

Nice meeting ya'll!!
-Em
mandytee

Re: Hiding pregnancy from family!

Postby KayBaby » Wed May 28, 2014 7:37 am

Congrats! U will b fine ur eating habits will probably change on its own initially as u get morning sickness and will not want to eat anything!!!! Lol if this is ur first pregnancy u probably won't start to show until 4 monthsish when is the wedding? Dnt worry about u boss ur hired now and if he fired u which he/she won't u can file a disrimination suit due to tule disability (pregnant) trust me u wont get fired. Good luck!!!
KayBaby
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Hiding pregnancy from family!

Postby KayBaby » Wed May 28, 2014 7:38 am

Btw when I was 6 mi the prego with my 2nd I interviewed for 2 jobs and got both of them and u could clearly see I was pregnant! Good luck again
KayBaby
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Newbies