Hi everyone!

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Hi everyone!

Postby RubyThistle » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:20 pm

Well, I guess I should post some sort of introduction here. I have been lurking around and I really like these forums! I got turned off by the negativity of the forums on thebump and stopped visiting there about a month ago. Every other post has women attacking each other and it just made me feel really depressed. The women here seem so kind to each other, a real community I could be a part of. So here goes!

I am 12w1d with my first pregnancy! My EDD is April 24. I have been sick as a dog and lost 7lbs around weeks 4-6 because I couldn't keep anything down. Since then I figured out that small meals eaten close together can stave off my nausea, it was very counter-intuitive to eat when I feel so sick, but it really works. I am back up to my starting weight +1lb now, but I feel so bloated and none of my old jeans fit. I am living in loose waisted skirts 100% of the time!

My husband is beside himself with excitement, and he really wants a boy so I keep telling him it's a girl just so he's prepared for the possibility. ;) He has been so sweet and supportive even when I am an absolute beast to him. Sometimes I don't want to ask for things, so I hint at them, but he doesn't get the hint. then I end up angrily demanding that he do the thing I wanted, and when he does, I start crying and apologizing for being so irrational! HAHA! He really deserves a medal for putting up with how difficult I have been, poor guy. I keep telling us both that it is only temporary. Speaking of, I heard that morning (all day) sickness is supposed to end around now, why is it still here?!?!

I had an ultrasound at 8w5d, and heard the heartbeat with my midwife at 10w. Until those moments, the pregnancy just does not feel real to me. Then in a single second, I realize there is an actual person (who I will meet, and teach, and hold conversations with) inside of me. It is really hard to wrap my head around. Our bodies are so amazing, I can't believe that my body knows how to do this. I also have an immense respect for my mother, and for all mothers in the world. We are all powerful strong women!

Lately I have been having terrible headaches and neck pain. Also, constipation is here in full force. I am introducing more fiber and even bough prunes, so fingers crossed that gets better.

Ok sorry for the novel, looking forward to getting to know you all!
First time mom, due: 4/24/15
RubyThistle
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby shadypersephone » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:57 am

Hi Ruby! Congratulations on your sweet little one. Have you found the April due date club? There's a ton of sweet ladies hanging out there.

I'm sorry your ms isn't getting better. I was nauseous starting at 6 weeks but didn't throw up until 11 weeks. They always say how much better you feel in the second trimester so when I started feeling worse I was not happy about it. The good news is that I did start to feel better shortly after that peek... but I still randomly throw up.

I hated the constipation and bloating big time, too. I had to take dulcoease to ease mine. Thank god for maternity pants.

I also had neck pain. I wonder whats up with that.

DH sounds like a camper. These mood swings are tough to handle and frustrating as hell. Can't wait for them to go away.

Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months and look forward to seeing you around
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby RubyThistle » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:25 am

Thank you, nice to meet you! I just joined over at the April due date club forum, maybe my intro should have been posted there too. :)

Sorry you started throwing up in nearly your 2nd trimester, it is the absolute worst no matter when it happens. I think it's time for maternity pants. This belly can safely be considered bump, not bloat!
First time mom, due: 4/24/15
RubyThistle
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to Newbies