BFP on cycle #16!

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

BFP on cycle #16!

Postby JennyRae82 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:49 am

Hello!

I've been a looooooong time stalker of the TTC boards and I finally decided to join. After just two months there, I got my first ever BFP! So, I'm moving over to the pregnancy forums.

My fiance, Cody, and I have been TTC since September 2013 and we were absolutely overjoyed to get a natural positive on month 16 only two days before Christmas. It certainly made the holidays all the more exciting!

Honestly, it totally caught us off guard. I had myself convinced we were having fertility issues and we were gearing up to talk to the doctor about checking us out, but we wanted to wait until it had been 1.5 years of trying. Because I'm over 30 and this is our first, we weren't sure how long to wait. Well, now we know! I only took the pregnancy test because I had been battling a cold for a few weeks and wanted to cover my bases before taking any medication. I was floored with the little pink line appeared! My hands were shaking so badly that I couldn't even read the test results unless it was sitting on the counter.

I'm about 5 weeks and 3 days into this adventure and I look forward to getting to know you all!
Attachments
PREGNANT.jpg
PREGNANT.jpg (22.96 KiB) Viewed 636 times
JennyRae82

Re: BFP on cycle #16!

Postby Nenni_nuu27 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:30 pm

wow big congratulations Jenny, 16 cycles is a long time to wait but it all paid off. i too recently had my very first BFP we found out on xmas day so that was lovely. i wrapped my HPT up and made DB unwrap it, his face was priceless! i was in complete shock and was shaking so much i was laughing and crying at the same time. i was so expecting it to be a BFN as usual. how are you feeling have you had many symptoms? wishing you and baby a healthy 9 months x
me 27 db33
1st baby
found out on xmas day
Nenni_nuu27
Friend

Re: BFP on cycle #16!

Postby JennyRae82 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:30 pm

Thank you! A big congrats to you too! I couldn't contain my excitement and told my SO and parents right away. After trying for so long, I just wanted everyone to know. I wanted to do the HPT as a gift to surprise my mom and dad, but I have no willpower. LOL I bet your DB was elated at his gift!!!

No real symptoms so far. Occassionaly, I get mild cramping on my lower left side and my lower back has been pretty sore, but totally tolerable. My main symptom is absolute exhaustion which I will happily take over morning sickness. What about you? Are you having many symptoms?
JennyRae82

Return to Newbies