Second time pregnant baby#1, will it "stick"?

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Second time pregnant baby#1, will it "stick"?

Postby stay-positive » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:39 pm

Hello all! I was on the tww blog for 8 months, ttc for 10 months. A few months ago we got pregnant but lost it immediately, so it was a chemical pregnancy. We are pregnant again (4 weeks right now) and I am scared that I might lose it again. I am going in on Monday to get a beta done and I've been testing daily to make sure the second line isn't going away (it isn't), but I'm afraid of doing something wrong and losing it again.
I'm so excited to be pregnant and I want to tell everyone. Its all I think about and want to talk about! But I know the chances of losing it this early are high also. As with many things, I am suffering with the desire to fast forward a few months to the good part, small belly and happy soon to be mom.
EDD 9/25/15
BFP 11 DPO
17 DPO BETA 880
Next Midwife appt. 3/4/15
stay-positive
Friend

Re: Second time pregnant baby#1, will it "stick"?

Postby amlobo » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:25 pm

I'm also pregnant for the second time with baby #1, and it is definitely very stressful after a loss. I tested every day until about 20 DPO, then even did some tests that show how far along you are to ease my mind. I told my husband that I wish I'd get sickness or something already so I'd at least feel pregnant and feel less anxious!

But, just know that you are not alone in this, and you are not going to do anything "wrong" because most miscarriages aren't due to anything we do or don't do; they just happen. So, try not to be hard on yourself! Like your name says, stay positive :) It's hard, but we can try!
Last edited by amlobo on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me (Amanda): 31
DH: 32

July 2014: Missed M/C at 11 weeks, measured 7w4d
January 2015: BFP at 9dpo, EDD 9/19/15

DS born via c-section 9/20/15 - 8lb 9oz, 21 inches :)
amlobo
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Second time pregnant baby#1, will it "stick"?

Postby stay-positive » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Thanks amlobo! I got my first beta result at 17 dpo and it was at 880 so things are looking good so far. I've been taking pregnancy tests every few days just to make sure the line is not getting any lighter, but I'm also already having some symptoms that let me know things are happening (no matter how much I eat I can't poop!, a little vom feeling after eating or when hungry, mega boob pain, and some forgetfulness).
I know that when pregnancies end early on it is for genetic anomalies, so I dont think I'd be too hard on myself but I'd be so disappointed. Fingers crossed for us both!
EDD 9/25/15
BFP 11 DPO
17 DPO BETA 880
Next Midwife appt. 3/4/15
stay-positive
Friend

Return to Newbies