Looking for some pregnancy buddies!

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Looking for some pregnancy buddies!

Postby Jessicanscott » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:42 am

Hi, my name is Jessica. I found out I'm pregnant at just 9dpo. I'm 12dpo right now and AF isn't even due for another 2 days! I'm still extremely worried that my pregnancy won't progress but I'm taking it one step at a time. I've had one miscarriage and it has really messed with my thoughts on pregnancy. I have my confirmation appointment this morning and I'm really hoping they'll do betas and give me the results today! Anyone want to be my buddy through this adventure? I've joined the December Due Date Club but it's still early and not many ladies in there yet.
Me: Jessica (26)
DH: Mitchell (25)
Proudest mama ever of my precious boy, Simon Emmanuel 12/15/15- 6lb 13 oz, 20in.
Jessicanscott
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Looking for some pregnancy buddies!

Postby babydust530 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:29 am

Hi Jessica. Congratulations on your bfp and I'm so sorry to hear about your previous lost.
Are you Jzcott from the "metfomin" ttc forum? Good luck on your appointment! Let me know how it turns out.
And yes, I would love to be pregnancy buddies. Although I've been fortunate not to have a previous miscarriage, I've been a nervous wreck and so fearful of losing this baby.
Me and DH: 32
My beautiful baby girl born October 2015.
BFP with baby#2 on 4/5/17.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jessicanscott » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:24 pm

Hi babydust! Do you mind sharing your real name? I am jzscott from the TTC boards. I tried using that name over here but it wouldn't let me for some reason so Im stuck with different names.

Thanks for being my pregnancy buddy! I've been nothing but worries the last week! I'd love to talk about symptoms, appointments, names, nurseries, worries, excitement, etc! I'm trying so hard to stay positive and the more I talk positively about pregnancy the more relaxed I feel!

I had my first appointment today and my first ultrasound will be on April 15th when I'm just about 5 weeks and 5 days. I'd love to hear the heartbeat but I'm thinking I may be too early at that stage. But as long as my betas are doubling and my doctor says everything is normal I think I'll be fine! I never knew pregnancy could be so scary until my miscarriage.

Please tell me about your pregnancy!
Proudest mama ever of my precious boy, Simon Emmanuel 12/15/15- 6lb 13 oz, 20in.
Jessicanscott
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:03 am

Did your doctor draw blood for your initial HCG/progesterone? I remember those initial tests were pretty scary, just sitting and waiting for the results. I still get anxious when I'm waiting for test results or ultrasounds.
Do you mind me asking how far along you were when you had your miscarriage? I can't even imagine how hard that experience must have been for you.

My pregnancy:
DH and I were ttc since March 2014. I was diagnosed with PCO in December 2014 (Which came as a complete shock) and started on metfomin 1,500mg daily. Just one month later I ovulated on my own; and the very next month in February I got my BFP.
Although my doctor hasn't used the words "high risk pregnancy", he is treating me as if I'm high risk and has kept a very close eye on me. I think the reason for this is that I have PCO, am still taking metformin, and I've had some on and off brown spotting since I got my bfp (thankfully it seems to have stopped about 1 week ago). I've had a ton of BETAs (just had my 5th this morning-haven't gotten the result back yet), I've had 3 u/s, and my doctor has been seeing me on a bi-weekly basis. As much as I appreciate his attentiveness it's tough for me to relax and celebrate this pregnancy when my doctor clearly seems to still be on high alert.
Congrats again on your BFP! :)
-Tia

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jessicanscott » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:31 am

I did get blood drawn for my hcg and other prenatal things. 6 viles! I go back tomorrow to test my hcg again and he said he'd call me as soon as he got the results back on Friday to let me know what they are and if they've increased normally. I'm SO nervous! AF isn't even due until tomorrow and I've known Im pregnant for almost a week. I was 6 weeks when I miscarried and it was on my 25th birthday. It was literally the worst experience ever especially because I had ultrasounds and tests before we even started TTC and my doctor said I would have a hard time conceiving and if I did I was likely to have multiples miscarriage. When I did miscarry it felt like I would have to TTC another year and a half just to have another mc. I'm staying hopeful and doing everything I possibly can to try to keep this pregnancy but if it's gonna happen it'll happen.

That's so amazing that metformin helped you conceive so quickly after trying for such a long time! I'm glad your doctor is keeping close watch on you. Although it makes you nervous it gives you a chance to see that everything is okay! I'm excited for frequent ultrasounds! Have you been able to see a lot in your ultrasounds? I'm also continuing metformin and I really hope it's okay. I hope your betas come back normal! My doctor says betas just make people worry so after these first ones he doesn't think I should do anymore because I'll just worry about what the numbers mean. Maybe he's right but is still like to know. Have you announced your pregnancy yet or told family and friends? I still haven't and I'm so nervous that as soon as I do I'll miscarry and have to tell them all.
Jessicanscott
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby chole422 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:36 am

Ahh that's awesome and so exciting! I got my bfp on Monday (10dpo)- although light in color, it was darker than any other test I've ever had! (I've had two chemical pregnancies before and the lines were never that dark so I knew something was up!) I go tomorrow for my first beta and to confirm everything looks good- I've been testing daily ever since (I'm a POAS addict!) and every day the line is getting darker!!!! So happy to be able to share our stories!
chole422
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:01 am

Congratulations Chole and good luck with your tests!

Jessica, that must have been so awful, and I pray you have a completely different experience this time around. I agree with your doctor, I wish my doctor would stop with the BETAs. I don't know why he had me do another one today, especially because I've heard that between week 9-12 HCG begins to level off and taper. I don't want to be anxious for no reason, but on the other hand if the numbers are good it'll reassure me. I've been a little nervous this week because my nausea and extreme fatigue seem to have gone away. I'm trying not to read too much into this.
My doctor is keeping me on metfomin until the end of the first trimester, but he did decrease my dose from 1,500mg to 1,000 mg daily. My first u/s at 4 weeks, 2 days we only saw a gestational sac. At 5 weeks, 2 days we saw the start of a yolk sac (I freaked out after this u/s because they couldn't find a fetal pole and I was certain I had a blighten ovum). Turns out it was just too early to see a fetal pole. At my last u/s, which was 7 weeks, 2 days we could see the baby and the heartbeat was detected. We weren't able to listen to it, but it was awesome seeing it flutter away. I'll attach a pic of the most recent u/s pic.

As far as family, we haven't told them yet. We wanted to wait to make sure it was a viable pregnancy before telling them, but now I wish I told them sooner, because if I lose this baby I would need their support so why not tell them. If I were you I would consider telling a couple of people (just the ones you really trust to keep the secret, and that you know would be there to support you). DH and I decided to tell our immediate families on Easter Sunday. I made a cute little Easter egg hunt for them with riddles and clues. The final riddle will read:

I do not have a face to see, To put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss, I don't even have a name.
You can't yet hold my hands, nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song, or cuddle me so near.
But all will change come November 4th, that’s when they say I'm due.
I'm the new addition to your family, and I can't wait ‘til I meet all of you!

I made an Easter basket filled with eggs filled with candy, and in the center will be a large egg with the u/s pic inside. This will be the first grandchild on both sides and our families know how long we've been ttc. I can't wait to see their reaction. We also told our 2 best friends last weekend. We aren't planning on telling anyone else until after the first trimester.

How did you ladies tell your hubbies?

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby chole422 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:12 am

Thank you! I appreciate your kind words!

Oh my gosh.... that riddle was adorable!!!! I love that idea!! I agree that it's good to tell a few close friends that will keep the secret- you need a support staff to vent to, celebrate with etc. My closest friends know and I'm so glad they do- regardless of what happens, I know that this pregnancy is progressing as of now and can only hope that it continues to. We plan on telling our parents this weekend when we see them for the holiday after my beta confirms all is well- although it's really early, our situation is different and both families are very involved with our situation and know that we've been seeing a fertility doctor so to keep it from them just doesn't seem right to do in our case. If they had no clue that we were trying, we would wait longer. We will wait to announce it to the rest of family/friends until the 2nd trimester. I'm so happy to be on this journey... it feels like a dream!!
-Nichole
BFP on 3.30.15 <3
1st beta @ 14dpo - 239
2nd beta @17dpo - 536
3rd beta @ 25dpo - 6346

chole422
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:34 am

Thanks for your kind words, I wish I could take full credit for the poem but I actually found it online (I just made a couple of small changes to it). How long were you ttc? What helped you get your bfp?
That's so exciting you are telling your parents this weekend. Any idea of how you might do it?

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jessicanscott » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:47 am

Hi Nichole! I know I'm not the only poas addict and I'm really glad you're the same! I'm actually stopping after work to get some frer and digitals with weeks estimator so maybe I'll feel a little better. My lines are progressing they are just light. I also feel like I had more symptoms with my miscarriage than I do right now and that's scary. I'm glad you're going to tell some of your family this weekend! I'm sure they'll be so happy for you! I'm gonna wait to announce to non immediate family and friends at about 12-14 weeks.

Tia, has your doctor told you when he plans to stop doing betas for you? I understand that that would cause some worry when they start to taper off! that riddle is such a good idea! I would love to do something clever like that with my in laws but I don't know how excited or happy they'll be with me being pregnant because they "suggested" we wait 5 years of marriage and this year will only make 2. I think we will just tell them on Easter in no special way. And I'll tell my side of the family on Friday after my hcg results come back. Before I miscarried I figured id tell family after I saw the ultrasound so I could give them a picture too but I never made it that far so only a couple people in my family even knew and my in laws don't at all. I feel bad because I wish they would have known and I think it would have been easier to cope. That's why this time we are telling them sooner. If I miscarry at least there will be suport. I bet your family will be so excited for you! It must feel so nice to have seen your baby's heart beating away.

Do you ladies want a boy or girl? Are you going to find out the gender?
Jessicanscott
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby chole422 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:21 pm

Tia, that riddle is still adorable, even still! I was thinking of doing something Easter related as well... I saw this thing on pinterest where they took a plastic easter egg that you would fill with candy and put a piece of paper in it that read something like "Guess what's hatching? Baby Due _______" or "We're Egg-specting! Baby Due _______". I still really like those, I think they are so cute! So I may incorporate that for my parents and my inlaws by getting a miniature easter basket and fill it with some candies and put the egg in the center. ;) Look at me being so crafy! :) LOL. Or.... I was thinking of just winging it and not doing anything fancy and just tell it from the heart! I still haven't decided... my husband wants to just go with the tell it from the heart plan but I think it will be a game time decision!

My husband and I were trying for 1.5 years- we finally bit the bullet and went to a fertility doctor in December 2014 after trying for a little over a year with no success. We had two chemical pregnancies and was worried that something was wrong. We went in for the initial consultation and did a bunch of blood work and testing to rule out any medical issues that could be interfering. Nothing came up that was abnormal- although nice to know that nothing was medically wrong, it was still upsetting to not have any answers. So fast forward to March, we were going for our third IUI and long story short we were unable to go through with the procedure that day... I was beside myself and felt that all chances of us getting pregnant were out the window since we couldn't do the IUI the way we normally did. So we just tried, as we always do and just kinda looked forward to this cycle ending so we could start fresh in the next one. I guess I kinda thought that I was so out this cycle that I didn't stress at all or really pay it much mind. I was just counting down the days til AF would be here so we could move on! I think that may have been the trick- allowing my body to relax and not worry about it. But who knows...there's a plan for all of us and it all comes down to when it's meant to happen. :)

Jess, as long as your lines are progressing, even if they are light in color, that's all that matters! Progression is the key, not the depth of the color so stay positive and everything will be fine. I like the idea of getting the digital tests with the weeks estimator- that way you can gauge whether your hcg is under or over 100... I believe that's the cut off for the 1-2 weeks to the 2-3 week bracket.

I've always dreamed of having a baby girl... I've told all my closest friends and family members that if/when I have a baby girl, I am naming her Brianna Marie. I've loved that name since I was a teenager and it's just kinda stuck with me :) I would be thrilled to have a boy though-- I just want a healthy baby, that's the most important thing. But yea, I want a girl! :)

We do want to find out the gender... My sister is actually a pastry chef and made me promise her a while ago that when I get pregnant and can find out the sex to bring her with me to the gender appointment and have the doctor tell her so she can bake a cake for us and have a little gender reveal party with our closest family. I can't wait. <3

-Nichole
BFP on 3.30.15 <3
1st beta @ 14dpo - 239
2nd beta @17dpo - 536
3rd beta @ 25dpo - 6346

chole422
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Jessicanscott » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:40 pm

Nichole, your TTC story sounds a lot like mine. A lot of trying, a mc and then I give up and lose all hope and end up with a bfp! Your story is great. How you will announce to your family is so sweet! I love cute ideas like that :) I'm definitely stalking Pinterest all the time for cool ideas! I'm like you, I don't care about the gender as long as I get a healtby baby. I'm leaning towards having a boy though. Husband wants a girl. Go figure. Your sister is very sweet to offer to throw a gender reveal party for you! That's going to be so exciting :)
Jessicanscott
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:38 pm

I like the middle name Marie too! As far as boy or girl I don't really hae a preference, just want a healthy baby. I think we're finding out the sex, but DH wants to be surprised...we'll see.
Good luck telling your families! Seems like Easter will be a great holiday for all of us!

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby chole422 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:48 am

So I went this morning to my fertility doctor for my blood pregnancy test... they will be calling me this afternoon with the results!!! Ahhhh can I fast forward time pleaseeeeeee!!!! I hope this day goes by fast!!! :)
BFP on 3.30.15 <3
1st beta @ 14dpo - 239
2nd beta @17dpo - 536
3rd beta @ 25dpo - 6346

chole422
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby chole422 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:01 am

The results are in....

14DPO
HCG 239
Progesterone 33

Oh. My. God. I am over the moon excited!!!!! Can't wait to celebrate this weekend with our families!!! :D
BFP on 3.30.15 <3
1st beta @ 14dpo - 239
2nd beta @17dpo - 536
3rd beta @ 25dpo - 6346

chole422
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Next

Return to Newbies