Looking for some pregnancy buddies!

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Looking for some pregnancy buddies!

Postby Jessicanscott » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:15 am

Jane, that's very reassuring to say that baby stops moving if you're going into preterm labor or something. While the kicks aren't insanely strong yet, they are more sporadic at this time, I look forward to them and get super happy knowing he's inside wiggling away :)

Nichole, I hope your anatomy scan goes well! I almost wish I had waited longer for mine. Mine was at 18 weeks and 5 days and I got good pictures and good results but he could have been that much bigger had I just waited a little longer. Let us know how your appointment goes :)

My scan went well. I got to see him for a few minutes which was nice. And he was moving all over the place (I was told). I could only feel a couple of the movements so I know I have a ways to go before I feel elbows and knees and stuff. My cervix looks good for now but it'll get checked again in another 2 weeks just to be safe. I'm so excited for December to get here!
Me: Jessica (26)
DH: Mitchell (25)
Proudest mama ever of my precious boy, Simon Emmanuel 12/15/15- 6lb 13 oz, 20in.
Jessicanscott
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi ladies, I'm finally back from vacation. Jane sounds like you had a real scary experience. I'm glad you are feeling better. Jessica so glad to hear your cervix is looking good- back pain is totally normal and so is bh. I've had both. Nichole good luck w your appointment.
Today marks the first day of my third trimester and I'm so excited!!
Me and DH: 32
My beautiful baby girl born October 2015.
BFP with baby#2 on 4/5/17.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jessicanscott » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:38 pm

How was your vacation Tia? Happy third trimester! I can't believe how far you are already :) how are you and your little girl doing?
Me: Jessica (26)
DH: Mitchell (25)
Proudest mama ever of my precious boy, Simon Emmanuel 12/15/15- 6lb 13 oz, 20in.
Jessicanscott
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Pinkpuma » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:15 am

Hope you had a good trip Tia. Was that your last 'adult only' break? Things will be very different soon :wink: Bet you can't believe you're in the third trimester.... you're on the home stretch now *exciting*

Jessica, glad everything looks good. Hope that puts your mind at rest. December is not that far away now, your boy will be here before you know it. I'm so excited about hearing of all these births!

Nichole, how are you doing? How is your friend coping after her loss?
DD1 13.11.93
DD2. 28.5.97
MMC 13.8.13
DS1 1.5.14
Pregnant again EDD 29.11.15
Pinkpuma
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:07 am

It was a great vacation, even though I was dd the whole trip. The car ride there and back was a little tough (almost 6 hours).
We have another trip w my parents at the end of August/beginning of September to cape cod. I hope I won't be too comfortable by then.
Me and my little girl are doing well. The pressure and back pain I was feeling seems to have gone away for now- I think maybe she shifted.
Baby's furniture should be delivered today and I noticed a few items that have been purchased f our registry already. So excited!!

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust530 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:09 am

Incomfortable not comfortable

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust530 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:10 am

Lol lets try that again. Uncomfortable

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby chole422 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:38 am

hey ladies! happy friday!!! :)

21 weeks today and feeling great overall- last night when I was sleeping I had a horrible round ligament pain when I went to roll from one side to the other- god damn that is painful!! it's like a charlie horse down there, my god. yesterday we had our anatomy scan and everything looked great- all measurements were good and they were happy with everything. Confirmed that he is indeed still a boy! ;) I'm not sure how they can do this but have any of your scans ever revealed the approx weight of the baby? They were able to tell me at my 16w6d appt 4 weeks ago that he was about 7 ounces.... then yesterday, 4 weeks later- 1lb, 4oz. Is that even possible?! I wonder how reliable that measurement actually is. I asked the technician is that was considered high and she said "yeah, a little bit" - I've heard that traditionally at that point he would weight around 11/12oz. The thing is that every time I've had an ultrasound from the very very beginning, he always measured bigger than what the weeks indicated. He definitely implanted way early so I'm sure that's why or has something to do with it- as long as I'm not delivering a 12lb baby by December, I think I'll manage to survive ;) I do want to remember to ask my doctor at my next scan end of August if they'll be changing my due date because they want to see how he measures then and go from there.

My friend is doing much better, thanks for asking. We're back to talking every day like we used to before everything happened, she just needs a little bit of time to heal on her own without anyone but her husband and her family. She's trying to stay positive and focus on the future without forgetting her in her past. She wants to start fresh with a new practice and new hospital since she had a pretty horrific experience - I think that's a good idea so you don't go back into the same hospital where that happened and have those memories rush back. She would like to try again and I know that they will, in time. She's been very supportive of me during my pregnancy even since everything happened which is amazing- she doesn't have to, she could avoid the topic entirely and I wouldn't be offended in the least bit- but that's just the kind of friend she is. She even said "Just because something horrible happened to me, doesn't mean that the same thing would happen to you. Everything is going to be fine and I'm happy to see you progressing and can't wait to meet your son". I'm very lucky to have such a wonderful friend :)

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling great! :)

Nichole
BFP on 3.30.15 <3
1st beta @ 14dpo - 239
2nd beta @17dpo - 536
3rd beta @ 25dpo - 6346

chole422
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Pinkpuma » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:27 am

Hi ladies, hope you are all good and had a nice weekend.
Tia, glad you had a good trip (despite the journey!) and that you feel more comfortable now.
Nichole, good to hear everything is going well with you and your baby. I'm not sure how accurate those scans are for determining weight but as long as your boy is growing it's all good :) Your friend sounds like she's dealing with her situation very well. It may be easier for her that you're having a boy as she lost a girl... I don't know. Either way she sounds like a very supportive friend.

Well I have been having a dreadful time with my digestive system this pregnancy and the midwife wants me to see my doctor. Since that awful episode last weekend I've had intermittent pain and not been to the loo much if you know what I mean (do you guys call it the rest room?) Saturday I felt rough all day and was sick twice, then I had acid reflux at night burning my throat. Was lovely! Then Sunday morn whilst walking I got the most dreadful pain in my right lower abdomen where I couldn't walk or stand up straight. It lasted an hour! Scott was ssking if I wanted to go the hospital but I could feel the baby kicking away so wasn't worried about the pregnancy..... just don't know what it was. Maybe round ligament pain. Whatever it was it was horrible and I've never had it in any of my previous pregnancies. Well I'm
now so ready for this pregnancy to be over! I know it'll be worth it when little girl is here :)
DD1 13.11.93
DD2. 28.5.97
MMC 13.8.13
DS1 1.5.14
Pinkpuma
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Pinkpuma » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:08 am

Hi ladies, I had a scan yesterday which was to look at baby's heart again as she wasn't cooperating at the 20 week scan. We are shocked and devastated to find out that her heart isn't looking as it should. One chamber is looking bigger than the other and a few other things they can't see. The sonographer and consultant that looked don't know what's wrong as they say they're not the experts, just do the screening. We have therefore been referred to a Cardiologist in Great Ormond Street hospital in London (the best in the UK) and should get an appt for the next few days. This is obviously scary but I am a great believer in a higher power and putting my trust in God at this time. Would appreciate any prayers... thank you. Will keep you posted x
DD1 13.11.93
DD2. 28.5.97
MMC 13.8.13
DS1 1.5.14
Pinkpuma
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby chole422 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:31 am

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers- you'll be in good hands at the cardiologist and they will know exactly what to be looking for. Your outlook is positive so just keep putting your faith in God that everything will be ok!

Nichole
BFP on 3.30.15 <3
1st beta @ 14dpo - 239
2nd beta @17dpo - 536
3rd beta @ 25dpo - 6346

chole422
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:05 am

Jane I'm so sorry you are going through not only the digestive discomfort but also with the issues with your little girls heart. I'm so glad they are being proactive and you already have an appointment with a cardiologist. My best friend's baby had some issues with his heart and had to be delivered at 35 weeks. When he was about 2 months the issues completely resolved themselves (no surgery needed) and now he's a healthy 2 year old with no heart issues what so ever. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Keep us posted on the appointment.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Pinkpuma » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Thank you so much ladies for your kind messages, very much appreciated. Tia, I didn't realise it was you on the Facebook group! Have replied to your post there.
We have an appointment for 12.20 on Friday, it's going to be really nerve wracking. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks again. X
DD1 13.11.93
DD2. 28.5.97
MMC 13.8.13
DS1 1.5.14
Pinkpuma
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby chole422 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:41 am

Jane, I've been thinking about you and your appointment with the cardiologist. I hope everything went well.

Nichole
BFP on 3.30.15 <3
1st beta @ 14dpo - 239
2nd beta @17dpo - 536
3rd beta @ 25dpo - 6346

chole422
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Pinkpuma » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi Ladies, hope you're all doing well?
It's been a weekend of mixed emotions and trying to get our heads round the situation. We went to the Cardiologist at GOSH (Gt Ormond St Hospital) in London. The scan seemed to take forever but we were told the baby has an abnormal heart and they needed to gather as much info as possible from the scan. Afterwards we were taken to a counselling room and everything was explained to us. She has 'Tetralogy of Fallot' which is basically a hole/leak in her 'out pipe'. On a scale of 1-100 of heart conditions hers is a 1. It can be fixed and she's expected to go on and have a normal life. Only a small percentage of patients need another operation later in life where the valve starts leaking again. The bad news is she will need open heart surgery as a baby :-( They are expecting her to be well when she's born and would like her to reach a certain weight before she goes in for surgery. Apparently I will know if her heart is causing her problems as she won't want to feed and her breathing will be rapid. If that's the case they will operate sooner. She can have a normal delivery at my local hospital but will have a team of paediatric doctors there on stand by, she'll be taken to the NICU for assessment. If she's well she can be returned to us, if she's sicker than expected she'll get flown by helicopter to GOSH (which is where she'll be having the surgery) All very scary but at least I know the situation and can prepare for it. The situation could be a lot worse and we could've been told her heart is no repairable or she will have problems throughout life. I am very grateful to God that she will be okay in the end. Another worry though is that this condition is sometimes linked to chromosome abnormalities like Down's (about 10-15% of cases) so they asked me about my screening results. They were 1:7256 so that is great but apparently the screening misses about 15% of Down's cases. I won't have an amnio as this puts a risk on the pregnancy but am paying for a private Harmony blood test which is 99% accurate.... much higher than the screening I had. The doctor seems to think she will be fine as there were no other 'markers' on scans and my age would put me at a 1:40 risk, so to get a 1:7256 odds must mean my blood is great and unlikely to be a missed Down's indicator. I'm having the test for peace of mind as we have enough to worry about and don't need the extra concerns. We won't terminate the pregnancy whatever the outcome but if there is a problem we need to be prepared mentally for that too. Such worrying times but we are clinging to our faith and that is helping us day by day. I have so many appointments and scans from now on I shall be busy! I also have another scan in London in 8 weeks so I'm being well looked after. Anyway, sorry for the long post but wanted to update. Thanks for the messages, I really appreciate it x
DD1 13.11.93
DD2. 28.5.97
MMC 13.8.13
DS1 1.5.14
Pinkpuma
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies