Looking for some pregnancy buddies!

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Looking for some pregnancy buddies!

Postby babydust530 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:11 am

Jane, yes that's pretty much the idea. You pick a few stores and register for things you want. Then, if people want to buy you something that can either go to the store or shop at the store online and view your wish list of gifts. It's a nice way to avoid getting duplicates and also get the stuff that you really want.
Me and DH: 32
My beautiful baby girl born October 2015.
BFP with baby#2 on 4/5/17.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Pinkpuma » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:41 pm

Hi Ladies, an update:

We had the most horrific news last Saturday... our Harmony Test came back 99.9 positive for Edward's Syndrome. Our baby girl will either die in the womb or shortly after birth. I had an amnio on Monday to confirm (get results tomorrow) We needed to rule out that 0.1% before proceeding with what we have been advised to do. So, the consultants plan is I go to hospital on Friday where he will inject her heart to slow it and stop it, then a few days after that I have to be induced and deliver her stillborn. This is totally heart wrenching but it's either that or watch our baby girl suffer and die in pain shortly after she's born. I cannot believe this is happening, it's the worst possible outcome. Down's would've been okay as she would have lived a life free of physical pain. I cannot imagine what it's going to feel like to deliver her knowing she's not alive. Too horrendous for words. I will have to cling on to my faith that day for certain. I am trusting God had a purpose for her short life whatever that may be. We don't feel bitter as we have already been blessed with an amazing boy and I have two beautiful girls. Edward's Syndrome is very rare and we were told there is less than a 1% chance of us having another. I'm not sure if we could go down another baby route just yet though of course. I feel upset that this wasn't picked up earlier at my screenings/scans but annoyed that I wasn't informed of the Harmony Test that you can have from 10 weeks (I only heard of it after the heart defect was found at 22 weeks) If we ever had a baby again I would absolutely have that done at 10 weeks. It tests for the three major chromosome disorders. It's awful that I am over 26 weeks and can feel her kicking all the time. Anyway, just wanted to explain why I haven't been on here and hope I haven't upset anyone. What we are going through is incredibly rare and I am an older mum after all. I knew the risks of Down's and could've lived with that but I'd never heard of Edwards. I'll pop back on here in the New Year to see how you all are with your new additions. I'm genuinely happy for you and hope you all have easy labours/births. Maybe I'll even be back on here myself at some point with happier news. I wish you all the very best. Jane x
DD1 13.11.93
DD2. 28.5.97
MMC 13.8.13
DS1 1.5.14
Pregnant again EDD 29.11.15
Pinkpuma
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:40 am

Jane there are no words. I wish there was something that I could say at this time to help ease the pain. I'm so incredibly sorry to hear that you and your husband are having to go through this. I can't even imagine it! I am here if you ever want to talk or vent. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family!

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby chole422 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:52 am

Jane,

I don't even know what to say. I am so sorry that this has happened and will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you strength during this difficult time.

Nichole
BFP on 3.30.15 <3
1st beta @ 14dpo - 239
2nd beta @17dpo - 536
3rd beta @ 25dpo - 6346

chole422
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Pinkpuma » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:08 am

Thanks girls. Yesterday at 1.45am
Dakota Anayah was born sleeping. Other than clenched fists she looked completely perfect and beautiful. We are completely heartbroken but take comfort from knowing she is in a better place where there is no suffering and pain. I would not wish what we've been through on anyone and sincerely hope and pray you all go on to have perfect healthy babies (as I'm sure you will) Thank you for sharing your journeys with me. If you are on Facebook and wish to add me to keep in touch my name is Jane Houghton and my profile pic is Dakota's scan. If not then I wish you all the very best and it was a pleasure talking with you through my pregnancy.
DD1 13.11.93
DD2. 28.5.97
MMC 13.8.13
DS1 1.5.14
Pregnant again EDD 29.11.15
Pinkpuma
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby chole422 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:01 pm

So not in the best mood today... I had to go back for my 1 hr glucose test yesterday (I had to take the 1hr glucose test in the first trimester due to my BMI and I failed that and went on to take the 3 hr and passed with flying colors). They make you go back and get retested at this time since things can change as pregnancy progresses. So I just got the call this afternoon from my doctors office that my number was so elevated that I don't have to take the 3 hr test, they already confirmed with my high blood sugar that I have gestational diabetes. The range that they'd like you to be in is between 70-135 and my reading was 195. I am so upset. I know that there's nothing I could do to prevent this from happening as pregnancy hormones can change up the way your body processes sugar but it's still a blow to take. So now I have to go meet with a dietitian next week and then the following week receive my glucometer and test strips/supplies to test my blood sugar daily, multiple times a day from what I've heard. I don't know yet if my treatment plan will consist of only regulated diet and exercise to control my sugar levels or if I will need medication/insulin- I'll find out more at my upcoming appointments. I just want him to be ok, that's all I care about. I know I'm in good hands, I'm just really nervous.

Considering everything that has happened with my friend and just recently with Jane- I realize now more than ever how very precious life is. I know that my issue is in no way on the same level of importance as what they went through, but it just raises my awareness that much more of how things can change in the blink of an eye- pregnancy is so scary. I'll do whatever the doctors tell me I need to do to regulate my blood sugar and I hope and pray that in the time that I've developed gestational diabetes (which happens typically sometime after 20 weeks) that the spikes in my blood sugar during that time haven't negatively affected my babies health, aside from the fact that he is a bigger baby and growing ahead of schedule- something that is typical when you have GD.

I hope everyone is doing well, considering everything. Sorry for such a blah post today- just needed to vent and hoping for a better day tomorrow.
BFP on 3.30.15 <3
1st beta @ 14dpo - 239
2nd beta @17dpo - 536
3rd beta @ 25dpo - 6346

chole422
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:04 pm

Sorry ladies I was away on vacation and got back today. Jane your story truly breaks my heart and I pray that you and your family heal from this devastating experience.
Nichole, sorry to her about gd. Even though I passed my test the doc found sugar in my urine two appointments in a row. He said of its there at my next appointment I'll need to get bloodwork. I'm hoping it's gone..I can't stop eating sweets. :/

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby chole422 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:59 am

Hope everyone is doing well.
BFP on 3.30.15 <3
1st beta @ 14dpo - 239
2nd beta @17dpo - 536
3rd beta @ 25dpo - 6346

chole422