Baby Weight & Libido

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Baby Weight & Libido

Postby teriteri » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:39 am

Hey Ladies.

Just wondering how you all are dealing with the idea of gaining too much weight? I'm only 5 weeks and I'm already petrified of gaining too much and not being attractive to my partner. I know that he should find me attractive because I'm carrying our child and all that but I cant help be scared that I wont satisfy his needs.

Also, my libido hasn't been what it was. Its not that I don't want to, It just gets in my head that there's something growing in there. What happened for you ladies as the pregnancy progressed? Did you find you had lower libidos or higher at some points?
teriteri
Friend

Re: Baby Weight & Libido

Postby babydust530 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:36 am

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling like this. I know my response will sound very "after-school special", but its so important for you to remind yourself that its okay to not want to be intimate right now. It's an understandable fear to not feel attractive, but remember that the word attractive has so many diff meanings. Yes your body will change, but the idea that you are growing another life inside of you sounds pretty attractive to me.

I would encourage you to talk to your hubby about your fears and insecurities. Hopefully he can help ease some of your concerns.
Me and DH: 32
My beautiful baby girl born October 2015.
BFP with baby#2 on 4/5/17.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Honey Bunny » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:07 pm

Hi there hun, totally normal to feel everything you are feeling now. The first initial thoughts of being pregnant are so exciting, and then you start thinking of the birth, the pain, the gain weight, and like you I was also scared about all the above you are mentioning.

Not only will this baby change your body for ever, you also have to grow and cope with the pregnancy mentally, emotionally and physically. The body changes are inevitable, yes you are creating a life. The libido, its understandable to not have it or want it. There might be soo much going on in your life right now, that it can be overwhelming, specially the thought of not feeling sexy to your spouse.

Try talking to him and bringing it up. Just be honest, tell him its not that you dont want to be intimate but you just don't feel as sexy. You will watch him swoon you. It's best he knows what you are feeling, instead of him just being shut out of the loop. Also maybe buy him some daddy to be books, or what to expect when your wife is pregnant books.. just so he can read, and hear it from the pros on what you must be feeling, and going through. He will then realize its normal.

Even with me working out 5-6 days a week, this baby has other plans when it comes to weight. Ive gained so far 11 or so lbs. However I came to terms with the idea of this baby taking over my body, and doing what it had to do, to ensure its healthy and growing. If you are able to workout and keep active, I will encourage it. It does boost up your confidence, and it allows you to know you are doing your part with balancing the weight gain, with an active lifestyle.

Even then I stil feel a couple of insecurities when being intimate, or when looking in the mirror to this ever growing body. However, again your making a life, and alot of women are not as fortunate and wish they could go through what we are. Its truly a blessing.
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Postby Mantis » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:46 am

I've not felt much like being intimate either. I have had a miscarriage scare and a yeast infection which has not helped.

I am also petrified of gaining weight. I had anorexia and bulimia in my 20's so it is particularly hard for me. I have kept my weight low before TTC through borderline excessive exercise at times. Already at 5 weeks feeling bloated and gaining weight due to tiredness and not being able to keep up an intense exercise regime.

Not really have any advice but just that I also share your fears.
Me: 31 (tests ongoing.. so far normal fertility)
DH:33 (male factor fertility: 20% motility)
Married 23/03/2013
TTC #1 since 1/2015
M/C @7w3d
Cycle 29 days. LP: 10 days
Supplements: Vitex, B6, Vit D, Prenatal Multi-Vit (Me), Menevit (DH)

Mantis
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to Newbies