Shocked, excited, nervous!

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Shocked, excited, nervous!

Postby Artemis » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:10 pm

After 6 months of "actively" ttc, we actually decide to just take a break until AFTER summer but as the universe would have it, we got our BFP without trying at all. Minimal effort, it's quite embarrassing kinda lol!

Anyway, I am feeling shocked, yet excited, and totally nervous! I am just about 4 weeks give or take a couple days since I stopped tracking my cycles this month. I have guessed my due date will be around New Years! Woo!

I keep running back to look at the test to make sure this is real life, I feel nervous for what's to come! And nervous about a healthy pregnancy. I am a fitness instructor so I realize eventually I'll have to slow down a bit, but for now my doc said as long as my activity was something I did prior to pregnancy, then it is safe during.

Any advice/tips on how to get through the first couple weeks without worrying?!?

Thanks ladies!! :)
Me: 27 DH: 26
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15
EDD: New Years Eve

WATER BROKE 12/1/15 @35+5 weeks. Trip was born via emergency c section after 12 hours of induced labor.

Born 12/1/15 at 7:45pm.
5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
No NICU time. We are blessed!
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Shocked, excited, nervous!

Postby marisajl » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:48 am

We probably have close to the same due date! I'm due jan 2. Nice to see you got your BFP, congrats! I had been following you over on the blog.
Very first bfp ever 4/21/2015!!

U/S 6/4/15 baby measuring 9 w 6 d :hb: 163
U/S 6/19/15 baby measuring 12 w exactly! :hb: 144

Expecting a baby girl!!!
marisajl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby amlobo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:49 am

Same thing happened with me - tried a few months after miscarriage and was frustrated so took a month "off" at Christmas, and got my BFP! If only I'd stopped trying sooner :)

I worried a lot (and still do, really, lol), so I don't think you can avoid it completely; it's normal. But, I always tried to just think about the fact that whatever is going to happen is going to happen, and it's out of your control. Sometimes that would make me worry less because I knew worrying wouldn't change anything... just make me more stressed. Also, avoid googling things! Much easier said than done, but everyone experiences pregnancy differently, so it's hard to compare what's "normal" for anyone.
Me (Amanda): 31
DH: 32

July 2014: Missed M/C at 11 weeks, measured 7w4d
January 2015: BFP at 9dpo, EDD 9/19/15

DS born via c-section 9/20/15 - 8lb 9oz, 21 inches :)
amlobo
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Artemis » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:50 pm

Thanks ladies!!

I am feeling pretty damn pregnant today so I am not even going to pee on a stick. One confirmation was enough lol! I tested at cd26 (not sure dpo) with s first response RAPID which had a sensitivity of 75 compared to the FRER which can pick up 18. The line was bright pink, not as dark as the control but not faint by any means! I think it's safe to say I know I got something good growing!!

I have unbearably sore breast & tingly nipples. Ouch! A few mild cramps, indigestion, and feel like I' have the worst hangover, the kind where you drank a whole bottle of wine & champagne and you wake up dizzy & foggy. It takes HOURS to shake it off. As much as I hate this low energy level, I am embracing it because it means my cub is growing :)
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15

WATER BROKE 12/1/15 @35+5 weeks. Trip was born via emergency c section after 12 hours of induced labor.

5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Postby marisajl » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:19 pm

those sound like good symptoms! and good for you for not compulsively peeing on a stick like some people *cough cough* me *cough cough*.... lol. I'm about to be done POAS in the next couple days when i run out and ill stick to just temping... that way i have a couple of days to get myself together if my temp goes down and prepare myself for the worst (I'm super paranoid... eventually ill stop temping too. probably after the first ultrasound).

But my only symptoms are SORT OF frequent urination. it comes and goes, and my whole chest/boob area is sore and heavy. but this is the best feeling of reassurement for me. that and I'm pretty tired. but no nausea (except from the metformin occasionally), or anything. i get nervous because of the cramps I've been having but they're light and only last a minute or so a couple times a day.

i love being able to relate to someone right now! I'm super excited for us! have you scheduled an OB appt yet? I'm hoping to go in the next couple weeks for my first appt.
Very first bfp ever 4/21/2015!!

U/S 6/4/15 baby measuring 9 w 6 d :hb: 163
U/S 6/19/15 baby measuring 12 w exactly! :hb: 144

Expecting a baby girl!!!
marisajl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Artemis » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:13 am

Haha it's ok I was never a poas addict even during actively ttc, I always waited until after my period was supposed to show so my will power is pretty good!!

I just booked my first 8 week US appt on May 26! Doc said he didn't need bloods to confirm and that a positive hpt was enough validation! He was super nice though & said that if I needed anything to just call!

I'm trying to keep as calm as I can during this pregnancy. I know that sometimes bad things can happen, but woerying about it happening won't change the outcome. So good, calm vibes all day everyday!
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15

5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Newbies