Is it supposed to be this surreal?

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Is it supposed to be this surreal?

Postby enkb » Sat May 02, 2015 11:55 am

I've been reading the ttc side of things for several months, but somehow didn't expect these kinds of feelings once I actually did get pregnant!

It is still very early days, I got my first incredibly faint 2nd line on Thurs am, then a still very light but a bit more on Fri, and this morning (Sat) was the first one I felt like counted as a real positive (it could be seen by the average human eye, not just a ttc mom-to-be).

I am thrilled and excited, but it just doesn't seem real. Maybe I should have waited to take a test until later so I had a clear positive right away instead of a few days of maybes, but too late now I guess.

I just wanted to say hello, and am hoping I'm not the first person to feel so disconnected with the whole thing. My husband and I were trying, but this was our very first month and it almost didn't dawn on me that it could happen so soon.
enkb
Friend

Re: Is it supposed to be this surreal?

Postby marisajl » Sat May 02, 2015 2:30 pm

I know how you mean. We were trying for almost 2 years so I wS just going through the motions and even though I really WANTED a BFP, I don't think I ever expected it, nor did I know how I would feel or react once I did. But when I finally did I seriously couldn't believe it. I still can't! I still have to take a deep breath and trust God every day because I'm having such awful anxiety about it, but it's getting better. I wake up every morning for the most part knowing I'm pregnant, but I don't really feel any different. However, when I think about it, it's pretty amazing and I feel so blessed!
Very first bfp ever 4/21/2015!!

U/S 6/4/15 baby measuring 9 w 6 d :hb: 163
U/S 6/19/15 baby measuring 12 w exactly! :hb: 144

Expecting a baby girl!!!
marisajl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Newbies