Please help

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Please help

Postby marisajl » Sat May 09, 2015 2:07 am

Today I am 6 weeks on the dot and for the past few days I've been getting decently bad m/s. Today is worst however. Started from when I woke up and is now going strong and it's 2am. I can't sleep. I wasn't aware it could be this bad this early, and now I'm wondering how I'm even going to function. I don't really throw up, so it's just this lingering nauseous feeling 24/7 and it's miserable. I've tried preggie pops and that made it worse. B6 doesn't gelp either and of course now it's Saturday so I can't call my dr for any other mess. What helped you ladies??
Very first bfp ever 4/21/2015!!

U/S 6/4/15 baby measuring 9 w 6 d :hb: 163
U/S 6/19/15 baby measuring 12 w exactly! :hb: 144

Expecting a baby girl!!!
marisajl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Please help

Postby Danielle0614 » Mon May 11, 2015 1:31 pm

So sorry that you are going through this. When I had horrible m/s, I would smell oranges. I kept one with me at my desk at work. It totally helped. I don't know why it did, it just did. I think the best thing is to also try to catch it before you get it. Meaning, never let your stomach get empty. Always eat small meals, if possible. If it gets real bad, then there are medications for it. I used Zofran with my now 2 yo. Didn't use it every day because it caused major constipation, but used it as much as I could. That worked for me.
Me 41
DH 39
DS 18
DS 15
DS 2
:angel: MMC 4/2014 @ 10wks
:angel: CP 10/2014 (Clomid Cycle)
:angel: CP 12/2014 (Clomid Cycle)

It's a BOY!!!

Apr 30, BFP @ 8dpo (First cycle off Clomid)
BETA #1 (13 dpo) - HCG - 86 / Progesterone - 20.1
BETA #2 (15 dpo) - HCG - 178.
BETA #3 (17 dpo) - HCG - 464.4
5.21.2015 - :hb: 130 bpm - measuring 1 day ahead at 6wks 2 days.
6.18.2015 - :hb: 179 bpm

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Danielle0614
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby marisajl » Mon May 11, 2015 8:35 pm

thank you! after 2 days of not being able to leave the bathroom floor, i tried the unison/b6 combo and i firmly believe i would still be in bad shape if it weren't for that! it helps so much! i still have moderate nausea every morning as soon as i wake up, until 2 or 3, but after that its just a slight queasy feeling. definitely manageable.

Expecting a baby girl!!!
marisajl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby FrostedFuji » Tue May 12, 2015 6:17 pm

I'm so sorry I didn't see this sooner! I also had really bad nausea around the same time, just wanted to curl up and do nothing. I finally discovered that lemons were basically a miracle cure for me! I literally ate slices of lemon, usually after I squeezed them into water to drink. San Pellegrino Limonata also worked incredibly well because it's 18% lemon juice. Weirdest "cure" ever, but it could help get rid of the lingering moderate nausea for you :) Good luck!
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby marisajl » Tue May 12, 2015 9:52 pm

i didnt have much luck with the natural remedies :( I'm on a prescription now which seems to be helping me and makes me feel 99% normal again!

Expecting a baby girl!!!
marisajl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby justcurious1985 » Tue May 26, 2015 6:21 pm

I'm in the same freaking boat. And so sick of it. I tried crackers, ginger ale, eating frequent small meals, water, peppermint and nothing works. I have another 2weeks of school (I'm a teacher ) and this is just terrible. My first pregnancy was nothing like this!!! I pray we all get better soon!!!
justcurious1985
Friend

Postby justxher » Sat May 30, 2015 6:02 am

It hit me really hard a day short of 6 weeks, and didn't let up until about 13 weeks (and I still have nauseous days once or twice a week). I didn't thrown up once but it was all day long nausea with never a break, no distraction worked and I was really miserable and kind of just in bed all day (when not working) wallowing in my misery. I'm sorry you are going through this, it's very very rough. I had tried a ton of things (ginger tea, sea sickness bands) but the only thing that helped mildly was just eating small snacks constantly throughout the day, lots of fruit and crackers. I even had my coworkers comment on how I had a "grocery store" at my desk because of all the snacks I'd bring in every day. So my advice is to eat lots of small snacks throughout the day but also don't worry if you're not eating super healthy and getting lots of vegetables just eat what you are able to and what keeps you feeling better (for me it was bagels lol, I ate bagels for all my meals for a while) and make sure to take your vitamins.

Oh and my biggest advice is to just get help! I suffered until week 9 and then couldn't take it anymore and had my doctor prescribe me Diclectin (I think it's called Diclegis in the US if that's where you're at), it's safe for pregnancy and is really just B6+a small dose of antihistamine. It worked WONDERS and as soon as I started taking it I was able to eat so many more foods which meant I was eating much healthier and getting more exercise and was a functional human being again. I don't think women should have to suffer if they can avoid it!
Me: 27
DH: 29
DS1: :angel: Baby Jase born 06/30/15, premature at 18w2d

DS2: June 25 2016
justxher
Angel
Angel

Postby justxher » Sat May 30, 2015 6:04 am

Oh I think I'm too late here lol. Glad you feel better!!
Me: 27
DH: 29
DS1: :angel: Baby Jase born 06/30/15, premature at 18w2d

DS2: June 25 2016
justxher
Angel
Angel

Postby justcurious1985 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:53 am

[quote="justxher"]It hit me really hard a day short of 6 weeks, and didn't let up until about 13 weeks (and I still have nauseous days once or twice a week). I didn't thrown up once but it was all day long nausea with never a break, no distraction worked and I was really miserable and kind of just in bed all day (when not working) wallowing in my misery. I'm sorry you are going through this, it's very very rough. I had tried a ton of things (ginger tea, sea sickness bands) but the only thing that helped mildly was just eating small snacks constantly throughout the day, lots of fruit and crackers. I even had my coworkers comment on how I had a "grocery store" at my desk because of all the snacks I'd bring in every day. So my advice is to eat lots of small snacks throughout the day but also don't worry if you're not eating super healthy and getting lots of vegetables just eat what you are able to and what keeps you feeling better (for me it was bagels lol, I ate bagels for all my meals for a while) and make sure to take your vitamins.

Oh and my biggest advice is to just get help! I suffered until week 9 and then couldn't take it anymore and had my doctor prescribe me Diclectin (I think it's called Diclegis in the US if that's where you're at), it's safe for pregnancy and is really just B6+a small dose of antihistamine. It worked WONDERS and as soon as I started taking it I was able to eat so many more foods which meant I was eating much healthier and getting more exercise and was a functional human being again. I don't think women should have to suffer if they can avoid it![/quote

That's how I'm feeling feeling. Constant non stop nausea with non vomiting at all. I tried ginger ale, crackers, lemonade, eating small meals, b6 with half a unisom which is like the meds you took but over the counter. My doctor will most likely just prescribe zofran but it's a category c drug and had been linked to birth defects like cleft palate so I'm not EVER going to take that.

I even lost 3pounds because all I'm eating is saltines. Ugh I'm miserable. Mt toddler just wants to play and i just want to be in bed.
justcurious1985
Friend

Return to Newbies