Cm question in early pregnancy

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Cm question in early pregnancy

Postby Rwebb12 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:16 pm

Ok ladies, I'm trying not to over analyze or get worried. But my baby app that updates me as my pregnancy progresses said today, at 5 weeks, baby is the size of a sesame seed. Okay, well went to the restroom and noticed a speck of cm that looked like a sesame seed. The rest of my cm is yellow and lotiony. Has anyone ever experienced this and been okay. When I Googled it (5 weeks and small sesame like speck in cm) all that came up was "your baby at 5 weeks is the size of a sesame seed". My ob won't see me until I'm 8 weeks and I'm a bit concerned.
Rwebb12
Friend

Re: Cm question in early pregnancy

Postby FrostedFuji » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:51 pm

CM can be strange sometimes. Occasionally you might see little clumps; imo they can sometimes be bits that came out and stuck to you and dried a bit before you next used a wipe.

I totally understand the freaking out over small things. The day I found out I was pregnant, I couldn't stop sneezing over something and my brain immediately went to a place of, "What if I sneeze the baby out?!" That just doesn't happen. Baby may be the size of a sesame seed, but s/he has implanted and is stuck there. If s/he wasn't, you probably would not have gotten a positive pregnancy test. If you miscarried, you most certainly would be having symptoms that look like having a period; so unless you experience cramps and bleeding, I would not sweat it at all.
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby Rwebb12 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:14 pm

Thank you so much. I have been having some cramping, but I've had minor cramps since I ovulated. Its been off and on and not painful, just noticeable. Its hard the very first weeks of pregnancy too not worry.

Its funny that you mentioned sneezing the baby out. I sneezed and a gush followed, and the same thing crossed my mind. Lol.

I can't wait to get pass these early stages.
Rwebb12
Friend

Postby FrostedFuji » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:06 pm

Very minor cramping is totally normal; that's your body starting to expand and prepare your uterus as it gets the signals of "there's a baby here!" haha. Nothing major is happening, most of the prep work is done in the weeks between your period and ovulation, but once your body realizes it has a tenant with a 9 month lease it starts to loosen up and make a little bit more room.

It's so hard to differentiate at first; eventually you'll start to notice that the cramping you feel is different than menstrual cramps, and then later it will turn into round ligament pain instead (which is less painful than it sounds, more just plain strange - like someone's carefully tugging on various tendons and such).
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Return to Newbies