AF overnight...which day is CD1?!

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

AF overnight...which day is CD1?!

Postby Hopeful16 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:45 am

Hi everyone,

Wow, what a great site, filled with support! It's my second month TTC. I got AF at 10.30 / 11.00 pm on a Friday. Does that mean CD 1 is counted from the Friday or the Saturday? It technically was the Friday but if I had gone to bed/sleep at say 9.00pm, I'd havewoken up with it and counted from saturday. Please help! Also, I tried opk this month. I had 2 daysof lines but not as dark as control line. Does this mean I didn't even ovulate? Thank you so much in advance x
Hopeful16

Re: AF overnight...which day is CD1?!

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:10 pm

I would count it as the Friday if it were me.

The only way to know for sure if you ovulate is by temping - but my guess is that you just missed your surge. Mine is very short (peak about 4 hours long) so I would test 3x a day near O time to make sure I caught it. Some ladies have surges that last for 2-3 days. I would definitely get a basal body temperature thermometer and start charting - that way you know for sure when you O, and it's a visual aid to help you get to know your cycles REALLY well!

Good luck!
Me (Lindsey) - 38
DH/love of my life - 44

"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

Fiona Jayne born 12/21/2015 - our solstice baby! 7lb 5.5oz 19.75"

It's a BOY! EDD Feb 16, 2017
Repeat c-section scheduled, Ciaran Reeves will arrive Feb 13, 2017!

HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby FrostedFuji » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:44 pm

I agree with Lindsey on the temping. If I just went by LMP, I'd probably have missed my ovulation on day 20, and I know other women who definitely would have missed it on day 10.

Regardless of that though, I'd go with the very first day you noticed your period start: Friday. Yes, you could have gone to bed earlier and assumed it started the next day. Ultimately the exact day/timing of your LMP is less important than what comes after. Many women conceive from intercourse "around" their ovulation - if your mucus is fertile, sperm can survive several days while waiting for an egg to release, and the egg doesn't exactly make a beeline for the door either.

Also, if you haven't already, I highly recommend the "other half' of our community. These are the boards for women who are already pregnant, but there's another set for women currently trying to conceive, and you can get there here: http://www.twoweekwait.com/community/ - Don't get me wrong, I"m not trying to scare you away, you're still totally welcome and there are plenty of ladies here happy to answer questions I'm sure, just know that the TTC boards already have a LOT more info on how to get preggo, plus a very knowledgeable and friendly community to hang out with and get support from while you wait!

Best wishes!
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby Mantis » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:20 pm

I'd start it Saturday. CD 1 is meant to be your first full day of flow to my understanding
Me: 31 (tests ongoing.. so far normal fertility)
DH:33 (male factor fertility: 20% motility)
Married 23/03/2013
TTC #1 since 1/2015
M/C @7w3d
Cycle 29 days. LP: 10 days
Supplements: Vitex, B6, Vit D, Prenatal Multi-Vit (Me), Menevit (DH)

Mantis
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to Newbies