Due in May 2016

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Due in May 2016

Postby Galinah » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Hello!

I am 34 years old, and pregnant for the first time. I had IUI done on August 25th, and low and behold - it seems to have taken 1st time! Yay!

I had a horrid time getting through the 2WW, and though I was sure it was working in week #1, the second week had me convinced that we'd have to try at least once more. In fact, I was totally convinced I was NOT pregnant until the evening of September 6th. There was 1 tiny pin prick of thin blood when I wiped myself. Sure enough, the next morning I took a HPT and got a very faint second line. VERY faint, but definitely there... Since then, I've taken 3 more HPTs and each time the line was darker. I took a digital one that said "YES+" and finally, I had my beta test that confirmed it a few days ago.

There is no question - It was time to graduate to this forum.

Like many of you here, I am looking for someone to pass the time with - to share symptoms with, as well as fears and hopes....

It would be great to meet other women who are due around the same time I am - middle of May 2016.

Send me a post if you'd like to chat!
Galinah
Friend

Re: Due in May 2016

Postby halome » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:22 am

Hi Galina!
i would love to be your newbie buddy. i have been trying for the last two years. have been on clomid couple of cycles but no pregnancy although i ovulated all those cycles. i switched doctors in August 2015 and she put me on femara 2.5 mg. i took it starting cycle day 2 to 6.
i was monitored ( trans vaginal ultra sound) and on cycle day 14 i had a 20mm follicle, triggered the same day around 1.30pm and BD that day, the next day, the day after and the day after!! poor hubby lol. Follicle was seen ruptured on cycle day 16 ultrasound. i had no symptoms on whatsoever on my two week wait. took a test on september 6th in the morning anddddd...... two lines came up!! bfp. so as of today am approximately 5 wks gone, scheduled for my first ultra sound on the 6th week. i must say am a little bit worried as i was diagnosed with Ashermans ( through HSG). So yeah thats my story . hoping for peaceful nine months. and congratulations to you xxx
halome

Postby Galinah » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:26 am

Hello Halome,

Congratulations to you too! I still have to schedule that 1st ultrasound. I was supposed to go for a second blood test on Saturday, but I was out of town and there were no clinics that were open! I called MY clinic, and they assured me that if I waited until today it would be fine. So, that's my plan. I will probably have to make my ultrasound appointment when those results come back.

I will admit, I don't know much about Ashermans (though, I just looked it up online). From what I have read, it looks like it doesn't always cause problems - and the important thing is to keep an eye on it.

That's kind of what I am going through with my Fibroids. Apparently I have 4 of them. 2 smaller, and 2 larger. The largest is 9 cm!!! Luckilly they are all outside the uterus, and sit on top of it (not near the cervix) - which is the safest place for them to be if I have to have them. I am a bit nervous about them growing and causing problems - especially if they start to dye off mid pregnancy, because I have heard that can be more painful than Labour!

Mainly, the effect of having Fibroids that I notice most is that I am starting to be able to feel them through my belly!
I am JUST 5 weeks (Well, tomorrow I will be 5 weeks) and my belly is starting to firm up. Nothing other people can see - but, I can feel it. What is worse, it is pushing all my fat up! ha ha! So, it DOES look like I have gained weight! There is little chance I will make it to November without at least a little bump... Luckilly, it is going to be fall, and large sweaters should do the trick!

You said you had no symptoms during your 2WW. What about now?
Galinah
Friend

Postby halome » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:13 am

yes Galina. Thank you. as of today (5 weeks) the only symptom i have is sore breasts uh they r huge n sore!!! will have to get maternity bras this early. and am very constipated as well but this could be due to the iron containing vitamin am taking. i am sorry about your fibroids. i had mine taken out last year November - i had one only. it was submucous ( deep in my uterine wall). probably i will need a c-section as a result of this. am praying to god that this preganancy sticks. as i am 37 yrs of age i fear miscarriage. will update you of my first scan. it has been scheduled for 6 weeks but am gonna hold off until 7 wks due to strict work related stuff. This pregnancy is still a shock to me as i remember the day my doctor gave me Ashermans diagnosis she said i might never conceive and that ivf is my only option!! and few weeks later baaam am pregnant. what's with these doctors??

so yeah thats it really. i pray that i remain symptomless for as long as possible cause ugh am not ready for that. i just want the baby but not that part. enjoy your road to motherhood. i will update you any developments. i havent had any bloods drawn yet besides when they were checking my beta hcg. i am aware that they will around 8 weeks. and yeah currently i am taking duphastone to support my preganancy. are you taking progestrone?? good luck
halome

Postby Galinah » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:18 am

I am not taking anything except pre-natal vitamins. I was given a trigger shot to ovulate, but that is well out of my system now. Any and all symptoms I've been having are directly due to baby :)

I had my beta test done last week. They wanted me to do a second one to make sure that my HCG levels are rising properly. Once they have an idea of that, I will get to book an ultrasound. I am hoping to be able to book that for Yom Kippur next week, so that I don't have to miss any work!
Galinah
Friend

Postby Yelibaby » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:42 am

Hi girls, feel free to join the May Due Date Club. There you'll find all the other expectant mothers due in May 2016.

Congrats and h&h pregnancies!!
Me: 31
DH: 29
TTC #1 since OCT 2014. After 1 year Nuvaring.

BFP Feb. 15, 2015 - MC at 7 weeks
BFP Apr 2015 - cp
BFP May 24th, 2015 (My bday - 9dpo)

Beta 10dpo - 35// 12dpo - 100// 14dpo - 255// 17dpo - 1186.4// 21dpo - 7763.4

Progesterone 10dpo - 56.4 (oral progesterone)
Progesterone 14dpo - 61.3 (vaginal supplements and shot)

Please be my rainbow baby!!
Yelibaby
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Galinah » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:37 pm

How do I join?
Galinah
Friend

Postby efina » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:24 am

Congratulations! Yes, come join us at the May due date board if you have not done so already.

viewforum.php?f=5

If this link doesn't work, go to Preg Boards, click on May Due Date club, and there we all are! :)
Me 30, DH 37
Missed miscarriage and D&C at 9w1d March 2015, followed with a couple of chemical pregnancies
This will be our first <3
Betas: 47 at 11dpo, 370 at 14dpo, 3376 at 20dpo

efina
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Galinah » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:44 pm

thanks - I added my 2 cents in on that post!
Galinah
Friend

Return to Newbies