4 weeks---happy but anxious!

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

4 weeks---happy but anxious!

Postby cbusluv » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:15 am

Hi all!

So excited to be posting on this board! I just got a positive pregnancy test a couple of days ago and have since taken 4 more to confirm it's real. I called my OBGYN today to make an appointment, but the office won't even see anyone until they are 10 weeks. I will be out of town on week 10, so that means I won't see anyone until week 11! They didn't even want to confirm with a blood test. Is this normal? If so, how so I make it through the next 7 weeks without freaking out and being a total worry wort?
Last edited by cbusluv on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
cbusluv
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: 4 weeks---happy but anxious!

Postby TracieMarie77 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:16 pm

Hello and congrats. I just tested myself and I have yet to totally confirm with a missed period but the tests are showing up positive. Af is due on Saturday but even with early testing I am getting faint second lines. I've taken 5! I am a poas addict. I just moved to a new area and I called an Obgyn and they said they don't see people until they are at 8 weeks. This seems to be the norm as that happened to my best friend. I'm trying to hang in there and not stress. They are supposed to call me about getting a blood test. I mean what the ???? Being newly possibly pregnant we want to take the best care of ourselves. I may call my current Obgyn and talk to a nurse tomorrow.
TracieMarie77

Postby cbusluv » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:49 am

Congrats TracieMarie! I also started testing a couple days before missed AF and made myself a nervous wreck thinking it was still going to show! I am 3 days late now, so I am starting to calm down a little. I am still peeing on a stick every day though lol. Good thing I have the 20 pack of Wondfos! We will be visiting family when I am about 8 weeks along, a few weeks before my appointment. So now the struggle is whether or not to tell them before we have a US to confirm the heartbeat.
Last edited by cbusluv on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cbusluv
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby TracieMarie77 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:55 am

Yeah I told my mom. And a couple friends just because they have been through it. So they are people to lean on. Af is due Saturday. So I am praying she doesn't really show her head. I've never had any kind of positive test. I have one more frer that I'm trying to hold out for this weekend. May need to buy some more lol
TracieMarie77

Postby cbusluv » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:00 pm

Think there is anyway I can coerce my OBGYN into seeing me at 7 weeks lol?
cbusluv
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Amanda0713 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:28 pm

Some women tell their Dr's that they don't know when their last period was so they can come in for a dating scan. Although if you did that they might not also do one at 10 weeks, not sure. You could also pay to go to a private u/s place. I've never done that, but I've heard it's really only expensive if you do the 3D/4D but asking for a regular u/s isn't so bad.
DS born 7/28/13
MC at 8 weeks June 2015
BFP 10/06/15
EDD 6/16/16

Amanda0713
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby cbusluv » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:10 pm

I might have to look into that...if only for my own peace of mind.
cbusluv
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Newbies