Low HCG but rising and bleeding

Welcome! If you're new, come and introduce yourself!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Low HCG but rising and bleeding

Postby babydiggs » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:59 am

Hi ladies, fresh over from the TTC forums! This is my first pregnancy and I really don't know what to do. According to my dates I should be 5wks4days right now. Last tuesday i had a blood test and my HCG was 465 which I know is low. I went back thursday and got another blood test and those levels were at 475. I started bleeding this morning (tuesday) but have had no cramping, so I immediately went to the dr and she did another blood test. she also did a vaginal ultrasound but she said it was too early to see anything, so I might not be as far along. She saw a very very very tiny spot which she said could be a sac or remnants of one but she didn't think much of it. My HCG came back at 687 though. Which is still low but it is rising. My dr. said it most likely will not be a viable pregnancy and I can either wait and get tested again this weekend or I can schedule a d&c. Has anyone experienced this and still gone on to have a viable pregnancy? Should I wait and let nature takes it course and see what happens or go with the d&c right away? Do you think I can still go on to have a successful pregnancy?
Me:32 (everything looks good)
DH:34 (no factor but hasn't tested)
TTC #1 since November 2014
1st BFP 8/17/16
Low HCG @ 5wks
babydiggs
Friend

Re: Low HCG but rising and bleeding

Postby DaraEva » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi - how are things coming along? Did your HCG continue to rise?
DaraEva

Return to Newbies