just curious...

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Why did you have a c-section?

I was induced, labored for X amount of time before having a c-section.
18%
I was induced, labored for X amount of time, then because of severe complications, I had an emergency c-section.
11%
I went into labor on my own but after X amount of time had a c-section.
14%
I went into labor on my own but had severe complications and had an emergecny c-section
8%
I had severe complications and had an emergency c-section.
6%
I had severe complications and had an emergency c-section.
6%
I chose to have a c-section for medical reasons.
22%
I chose to have a c-section for non-medical reasons.
5%
Other.
9%

Total votes : 170

Postby BrandyJ. » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:43 pm

babyfeet3 wrote:I had a csec with DD2 because of her medical condition and the unlikely chnace of her making it through a vaginal delivery.
Babyfeet, you And your family are just gorgeous. Your oldest daughter.. Gorgeous!! Your younger daughter perfect in her way.. Gorgeous!! And your newest edition, so handsome. Great job, momma.. Xxx

Totally of topic, sorry
Me-38 DH-32 DD#1 (12), DD#2(3), DS (16 months/14 adjusted)
4 sweet angels
Formally known as "brandylovesal"
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker</span></div>
BrandyJ.
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aerb » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:50 pm

My baby flipped breech at 35 weeks (I felt it happen-- not fun) and by the time I went to my 36 week appt, she was well-engaged. Given that I was a FTM and DD's butt was well-engaged in the pelvis, my doc didn't feel a version would be successful and there was still the chance of the baby turning around again even if they had successfully flipped her. I opted out of the version but did all the home remedies. Nothing worked, so at 38 weeks, I gave in and scheduled a c-section. It was a smooth c-section & very easy recovery, except the activity/ no-lifting restrictions sucked. I am strongly considering a VBAC for my next child but am not 100% certain yet.
Allison-- 33, DH--33
DD Miriam Aislinn born 9/8/10.
4 angel babies :angel::angel::angel::angel:
BFP 5/1/12
aerb
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby j_libs » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:17 pm

This thread is old but I'll post my story here since I'm still not over the trauma lol.

I voted "I was induced, labored for X amount of time before having a c-section."

I was over a week late and at my second NST they noticed a slight decel in the baby's HR while I was having a contraction. So they admitted me for observation, and started an induction. I was given Cytotec orally the first night and then twice the next day. It didn't help much. I dilated to about 2cm. Then they gave me Cervadil the next night, which softened me up completely but didn't dilate me any more. The 3rd morning at the hospital the doctor broke my water and started Pitocin. I labored for the whole day, finally giving in around 4pm and asking for the epidural that I really didn't want. At 7:30 they checked me and I was only dilated to 5cm and my doctor decided to do the c/s. DS was born 8:15 pm the night before Thanksgiving. As he was finishing up, I heard someone tell my doc to have a nice flight! :mad:

I guess I was just a victim of "the system". I think if I had been allowed to eat and walk around I would have dilated more and been able to birth vaginally. But they had me on only clear liquids and continuous monitoring for 3 days.

If I have another baby, I'm not a good candidate for a VBAC (since I'm overweight and didn't dilate on my own) so I will just schedule another c/s. At least that will be easy enough.
ImageImage
j_libs
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: just curious...

Postby Canjer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:05 am

DD was breech the entire pregnancy. I attempted the External Version even with the low success rates and it was unsuccessful.
We did a final U/S the morning of the section and nothing had changed so we continued with the surgery.
Mama to 2 and cheering on my "MM mommies"
Canjer
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Pinkdaisy05 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:06 am

I had a scheduled csection because I had a hip replacement when I was 19 and didn't have the option of a VB. my section was a nightmare! I had it at the hospital here and the doctor must have knicked me because I kept bleeding and clotting. My dad drove over to the nearest city to get 2'units of blood for me because I was bleeding a lot and he didn't want my DH to have to go. I got those two units and still bled like crazy so the next morning they emergency transferred me to the city. That's where the OB gave me a local and scraped out my uterus and over a liter of blood and clots came out! I couldn't eat for 4 days as we were waiting to see if I would need a hysterectomy and I had 3 more units of blood making it 5 total because I had lost half of my blood. That OB saved me from a hysterectomy and she is my DR this time and will be doing the csection. After my son was born they don't do babies at my hospital anymore! It took me a long time to get over it to want to have another child so almost 5 years later I am 17 weeks pregnant.
Pinkdaisy05
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby LaraE » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:15 am

DD was transverse my entire pregnancy so I had a scheduled Csection, which I was fine with. It was rather relaxed and non stressful for me and the baby. Except the morphine in the spinal made me itchy lol

My recovery was also easy and i never used Rx pain meds to recover, just aleve.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat

My first child was a vaginal birth (no epi) he was 9#13oz and 23in long. It was a miserably painful and stressful experience. I was relieved not to have to go through that again
Lara (42) + Chris (30)
LaraE
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Saraq » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:20 pm

My water broke when I was 37 weeks, got to the hospital and was only 1/2cm dialated so they started me on pitocin. 17 hours later I was only dialated to 3 because my daughter was stuck in my pelvic bone and couldn't get low enough to put more pressure on my cervix. Her heartrate started dropping so they sent me for a c-section.
Kylie Marie born 5/20/11 at 37 weeks 7lb 2oz
Carter Blaid born 4/6/13 at 34 weeks 5lb 12oz

Baby number 3 due December 12, 2015!!!
Saraq
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby nikki2246 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:46 am

DD was oblique/transverse so I was never going into labor on my own. She was head down the entire time but the rest of her was high and across my belly. I have no regrets and have already been told that if I have another most likley it will be the same thing. My pelvis is apparently to narrow .
nikki2246
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby myviolet » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:39 am

My youngest was in a transverse position. I had 3 vaginal births before him and I was so terrified to have a c/s, I did everything short of an external version to get him to turn (doctor didn't do them). But it went really well and I have nothing but happy memories of his birth.

I was told I can vbac this time which I hadn't considered at all up until they told me that yesterday. I'll probably do it because it'll be an easier recovery, but if they told me I couldn't I would be perfectly fine with another c/s.
myviolet
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Previous

Return to Labor & Delivery