Natural Birth

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby StefStaf » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:47 pm

I had one. I had a birth plan and gave birth in a hospital with nurses and a dr. The first nurse i had switched over to another room and i got the 'natural nurse!' My labor from start to finish was 13 hrs (not too bad for a first!). To be honest, the contractions really weren't that bad. Im not saying they didn't hurt but seriously, breathing through them and finding the right position (i rocked in a chair for hours!) helped!! When it came time to push was when it got harder. Looking back, i wasn't quite ready to push when i first started and i ended up wasting time and energy on pushing. Anyway, dh was delivered without any meds and he weighed 8 lbs, 14oz. I didn't choose meds for a couple of reasons. I was really scared of the epi (for me and baby) and i didn't want narcotics because i didn't want to feel sick and be out of control during and or after. It was a decision that i had made before giving birth and i just stuck to it. I recommend it to anyone. As soon as ds came out, i felt awake and clearheaded. I hope to do it again this time around. :)
StefStaf
Angel
Angel

Postby Susy07 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:06 pm

I loved LOVED my home birth. I went into labour at 445 am. It mostly felt like back and poop pains that came and went. Finally at 6 I called the midwife and at 7 she showed up. By then the back pain was pretty bad but that's about all it was. She checked me and I was a 6 but she could stretch me to 8. She went upstairs to get some stuff and I started pushing! lol. Fully dilated in 2 hours. I pushed for an hour 15. That part was the worst. But at least I could feel what I was doing. I was just scared to push because it made it hurt more. Next time I'm just gonna give'r lol.

To prepare for it I bought a bunch of things my midwife told me to. But she provided most of the stuff.

What I'd do differently, next time I want to try the breast crawl, letting baby crawl his way to the nipple to nurse on his own.
I'm Susy (27) Dh is Tyler (29)
Baby angel lost at 5 weeks in May 2007.
William Christian. Born Dec 14 2008,
Baby angel lost at 8w4d. Miscarried at 11w1d in Nov 2010.
Rachel Amber, Born Feb 29th, 2012
Baby angel, 9w2d. Partial molar pregnancy, lost Sept 1, 2013
Tessa Breanne born Nov 10, 2014
Susy07

Previous

Return to Labor & Delivery