Anyone's Epi not worked?

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby byebeautiful » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:58 pm

My epi wore off quick with my 2nd, they said they think it was because i was sitting up the whole time instead of laying down (which my epi did not wear off with ds1 and i was laying the whole time with him)

the labor was not bad at all, but all they felt like was strong bh's. But when the urge to push came, that hurt. And i have heard the "ring of fire" stories from my family and now i understand. It burns to push. I got so scared after one push and shut my legs and started crying and did not want to push anymore because of the burning feeling,lol. But then i quickly remembered the sooner he was out the sooner the pain would be gone! i did push better with my 2nd and i think its because i could feel my contractions and the urge to push. I couldnt with my first, i felt nothing at all. it took me an hour and a half to push out my firs.t
Me- Amanda -27

My handsome boys:
Aiden Gauge
10/5/05
7lbs 11 oz's
21 1/4 inch
12:38 am

Jaxon Dillinger
12/24/08
7lbs. 5 oz
20 1/2
1:20am

Bentley Asher
11/13/11
7lbs 10 oz
20 1/4 inch
5:01 am
byebeautiful
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Pixiepin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:37 pm

I reluctantly agreed to an epi after 15 hrs of being stuck at 3cm.... I also have metal in my back and was previously told that it was 50% chance of working. It worked in taking the pain away on one half of me and I had to turn on my side to try and get it to spread out.... It didn't work properly at all ... I could still move my legs and as I said I could feel my contractions but the pain was halved. I ended up with a section and had to be knocked out instead. Stupid epi!!! I know it was to do with my back though.
Holding out for a vbac at home this time :)
Pixiepin
Star Member
Star Member

Previous

Return to Labor & Delivery