Scheduled C section...totally freaking out

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Scheduled C section...totally freaking out

Postby Manthaj » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:23 am

I had a emergency C section with my first son. This was horrible..the surgery went great i felt fine not even a pinch of nausea or anything. But the following days were horrible i was so out of it. I believe it was the pain medications i was on...I mean i don't even really remember the hospital stay..Then when i got home i could not fall asleep.. and i kinda was freaking...I mean i actually did not sleep from the time the baby was born till 3 days later. Everytime i would start to fall asleep i wouldhave a falling sensation...UGH.. Do you guys think it was the meds?
Manthaj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby HappyGoLucky » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:43 am

Might had been the meds, that's an awful side effect if so! I'd be sure to let my Dr know what your experience was the first time.

My repeat c-section is aug 15th and I'm pretty freaked out too. It makes it harder to bond with your new baby while you're doped up and in pain from stomach surgery. I'm going to really try my best not to take as much pain meds so I'm not so doped up this time, last time I just took what they offered me and I'm wondering if it was too much.

I started a topic about being afraid of my upcoming surgery and a couple ladies chimed in letting me know their 2nd was much better/easier on them the the first. I think scheduled anything has got to be better then emergency anything, you know.
HappyGoLucky
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby monkeysauce » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:19 am

Sounds like the meds. I've decided that if I have a repeat c-section, I'm getting off opiates as soon as they let me, and just taking ibuprofen. It worked better, doesn't get into breast milk, and doesn't make me loopy.
Amelia Bel born 3/16/2011
monkeysauce
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jamm » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:42 pm

Sounds like the meds they had you on. My first was horrible as well. I was on a pain reliever drip that you pressed a button and receive the pain meds through an iv. I remember bits and pieces of the hospital stay. My 2nd-4th were much better. Instead of getting a pain drip, the hospital I had them in puts the patient in charge of pain meds. I would call a nurse when I felt I needed them and then got to decide between the heavy stuff and ibuprofen. If it was bad I could double up. I stayed on top of the ibuprofen taking it every 6 or 8 hours and was off the stronger meds by the 2nd day of being home.
Me 30 DH 41
DS:12
DD & DS:9
DD: 8
DD & DS: 4
Jamm
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jade2009 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:22 am

after my last csection, I will only go with a csection at General, I didnt like all the nausea I was getting and the tugging and pulling was so intense for me.. they ended up giving me so much medication that I could of just as well been under. It was awful.. :D
Heather 37
hubby 39
DD 18
Twins 16
Ds 13
BFP on 3-13-2010@ 8 dpo
Kyler will be here on 4-04-13 at noon CT

BFP on September 1st 2012 @ 12 DPO

Ashlynn born on November 16, 2010
Ashynn was 2 days old here... was so in love with my little girl

Ashlynn 2 taken in November right before her Birthday
jade2009