Can't believe this is happening (X-posted in August)

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Can't believe this is happening (X-posted in August)

Postby smouse77 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:20 pm

As some of you know, my house flooded 2 weeks ago and we have been living in a hotel. They have gutted the whole interior/ceilings of our house to the concrete walls and studs. The contractor said I should be thinking in months rather than weeks to get the house livable again... lovely.

So, I've been dealing with that and also this...

I have been planning on attempting a VBAC. I drive 40 minutes each way, changed insurances just to see this one group/midwife that is VBAC friendly. A couple months ago, my midwife started getting all the paper work together (I guess it has to be approved by the docs and whoever else at the delivering hospital). She stated that there was a problem and I was missing the documentation of the specific incision the previous surgeon used. I proceded to get all my hospital/surgical records and gave them to my midwife. NOTHIING was documented! The surgeon forgot to write down this info!!!! We spoke with the previous surgeon and he refused to make an addendum, saying it was two yrs ago and he doesn't remember me from anyone else off the street. So, two weeks ago, she asked me to write a consent letter to the hospital I will be delivering at staing I am aware of the risks and I don't have proper documrntation, blah blah blah. I thought that was it until my appointment yesterday when she said my "case" is in the hand of lawyers now... and she wasn't sure it looks very good for my VBAC. She pretty much said my best bet was to show up at the hospital about to push!!!! 8O She said to labor at home as long as I can... I don't have a home right now... what am I supposed to walk the halls of the hotel in labor! I can't believe this crap. I'm seriously about to lose it emotionally with everything that has been going on.
Sarah-29
DH-38
DS-01/2009
DD-08/2011
smouse77
Star Member
Star Member

Postby HappyGoLucky » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:35 pm

I wonder if you could get the info from the insurance company, I mean how everything was 'coded'? Maybe that would help?

Wouldn't your scar show them what they need?

I know I'm grabbing for straws here, what an awful situation to be in!
HappyGoLucky
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby smouse77 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:43 pm

HappyGoLucky wrote:I wonder if you could get the info from the insurance company, I mean how everything was 'coded'? Maybe that would help?

Wouldn't your scar show them what they need?

I hadn't thought about the insurance company, I will call them asap. I have the lower transverse scar but they need it on paper!!! My midwife says there is no doubt in her mind that I have the "ok" scar to have a vbac but it's just not documented properly. Also, she used to work with the surgeon that did my section... and she said he always used that insicion. Sigh.

I'm also wondering if an ultrasound would show the internal scar on my uterus ???
Sarah-29
DH-38
DS-01/2009
DD-08/2011
smouse77
Star Member
Star Member

Postby HappyGoLucky » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:56 pm

I just can't believe the surgeon won't help you with this, I mean I can believe it because people stink but man!

Seems like there is some way he could be forced into helping since it was his negligence that put you in this spot anyway. Have you tried being a b*tch?
Really, have you tried strong arming him and letting him know it's HIS fault you're in the position anyway and HE is the only one that can fix HIS mistake?

Who needs this so close to labor anyway!?!

Hopefully it was coded when the claim was sent to insurance and that will work as proof for you. Just such a shame you have the scar to prove how you were cut open and that's not good enough.
HappyGoLucky
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby butterflylr » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:01 pm

Probably what they are looking for is if there was double or single stitch on the low transverse incision. That kind of information will not be on the health claim (I work for BCBS). That information would only be on the medical documents. If you are not able to get your VBAC due to his negligence, I would honestly see what you can do regarding legal recourse. That is absolute negligence on his part and I would not let him get away with it!
ME - Lindsay :29: / DH - James :30: / DS - Michael :05/29/08: / Rory :01/16/10: by VBAC!!

Image Image Image
Image http://different-not-less.blogspot.com/
butterflylr
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby smouse77 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:47 am

butterflylr wrote:Probably what they are looking for is if there was double or single stitch on the low transverse incision.

Yeah, he documented a double stitch primary incision (meaning a first time c-section) but NOT the location of the insicion! BLah. Thanks for the insurance info, I wasn't getting very far with them!
Sarah-29
DH-38
DS-01/2009
DD-08/2011
smouse77
Star Member
Star Member

Postby ivycrystals » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:51 am

How very stressful!! I hope that things start to settle down and you get to have your VBAC in a peaceful way.
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Labor & Delivery