Natural Birth Mamas

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby AngelaW85 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:57 am

As the other ladies said, YOU CAN DO THIS! I did it twice and I *WANT* to do it many more times (so obviously it's not that bad if I want to do it more!). I'm not going to lie to you, yes it is intense. So for me, it wasn't so much pain... it was the intensity of the contractions. A lot of it is mind over matter. Women hear so many birth stories from women saying, "Ohhhh the pain was UNBEARABLE... I felt like I was being ripped open!! Ack!". Yeah, I don't want to offend anyone, but it is not that bad. I've had worse menstrual cramps to be honest. I think a lot of women exaggerate what it's like, not realizing that they're putting unnecessary fear into other mothers. So a lot of mamas go into birth with these preconceived fears in their heads and the moment they feel the contraction, they panic. We women are stronger then we're given credit for.

I can tell you this, feeling those contractions and feeling my body pushing my sons out was the most amazing experience of my life. I have never felt more powerful or proud in my entire life. I remember the moment I hit transition, I thought that I couldn't do it bc it was so intense. But my DH was my rock and he told me that I was so strong and so beautiful and that I could do this, and I did!

With DS1 I had no knowledge of how to cope with birth. I was young. I went in at 36 weeks bc I thought my water was broken. Well 24 hours, an epidural and a ton of pitocin later, they realized my water was NOT broken. They then told me it had been awhile and the baby should be here and I agreed to the c-section. Anyway, after that traumatizing experience I told myself that I would never have pitocin or epidural again and I would labor at home until the last minute. And that's what I did. Twice.

I was only in labor for 3 hours with both DS2&3 and pushed for less than 30 mins with DS2 and less than 10 mins with DS3 (I drank a ton of red raspberry leaf tea with him so my uterus was strong!). So my labors weren't long... but I know women who have gone natural and been in labor for 24+ hours. So you can do it! I just remember being so ecstatic and just euphoric after giving birth. It was amazing. After my first VBAC, I kept saying, "I did it! I did it!" over and over again.

I'm sorry if I rambled, lol. But I know you can do it. You just have to go in there with the right mindset and with a great support system. Oh and avoid pitocin like the plague and tell your doctor to keep his or her fingers away from your vagina! Def limit the cervical checks. Also, move around as much as possible. I suggest drinking red raspberry leaf tea. I drank a raspberry leaf/nettle leaf tea infusion. The raspberry leaf strengthens your uterus and the nettle has vitamin K and it helps to keep you from hemorraging (sp?) after birth. Anyway, I'm rooting for you! :goodluck1: and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!
Me, Angela- 28 :kiss: DH, Sean- 32
DS1 '05, DS2 '07, DS3 '10- My 2nd VBAC! :hb:

Our little girl is here! Baby Laila was born 7/17/13 via cesarean, after 36 hours unmedicated labor!
She was 7lbs 14oz and 19in long! :hb:

AngelaW85
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby epona87 » Mon May 21, 2012 6:39 pm

I am also planning on a natural childbirth. (my first baby) My boyfriend is very supportive on this and I think he may even be more of a believer than I am. (yeah, because he doesn't have to do it!) lol.

I'd still be delivering in a hospital, but no drugs! I'm pretty sure that I can do it. I know that it will be very painful.. probably one of the most painful things I've ever experienced.. but as long as I stay focused and remember WHY I'm doing it I think I will be just fine. :)

The only thing I worry about.. is being rushed in the hospital. I don't want some doctor telling me I'm not dialating fast enough, or that my labor is taking to long. I want to be able to take my time and be as relaxed as possible and not have medication or c-sections pushed on me.
epona87
Star Member
Star Member

Previous

Return to Labor & Delivery