Being induced tomorrow 11/16

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Being induced tomorrow 11/16

Postby miss_ashley » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:18 am

tomorrow night i go in to be induced..i will be 39 weeks..i am SO NERVOUS

this is my 1st baby and i hve heard different stories...i know everyones experience is unique and different, but i hear "not-so-bad" stories and then just now my co-worker scared the CRAP out of me with her horror story...

anyone have any insight or their own stories of being induced? I know it is going to hurt one way or the other.there is no way around it..LOL
miss_ashley
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby HappyGoLucky » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:33 am

not so bad, you're will be smooth and not so bad. :D

congrats!
HappyGoLucky
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KimmyH » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Congratulations on meeting your baby TOMORROW!!! I was induced with my DD due to PreE and it was quick, easy and painless! I was also very afraid of the "cascade of intervention" horror stories that were drummed into me by natural birth advocates. For me (and for most others) the induction went very smoothly. I got cervadil at 8 pm, at 5 am I started having mild contractions, at 10 am I was 4 cm and got an epidural, at 11 am they started a touch of pitocin, at noon I took a nap, at 1pm I woke up and was 9.5 cm, and at 1:51 pm my DD was born. DD and I were both healthy and my recovery was easy too. People with negative experiences are usually more vocal than those with positive experiences, so try to ignore them. Good luck!
Me 29 DH 34 married 5/12/2007

Julia Paige 2/15/2010 6lbs 2oz 19in
Clara Madison 5/7/2012 7lbs 8oz 19.25in

ImageImage
KimmyH
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby miss_ashley » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:12 pm

thank you guys! i knoww ihave heard and read horror stories of induced labor being 10x worse and how pitocin makes the contractions worse than natural..but i gues iwil see on my own! lol.. i know there is going to be pain...so hopefully i prepared myself enough mentally for that....

now im just hoping the epidural isnt as bad as some say...but i cant imagine along needle inyour back feeling good either LOL
miss_ashley
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BeccaM » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:13 pm

I think induced labor can be just fine as long as your cervix is somewhat softening for labor and they don't rush the drugs, but give your body time to adjust. I'm sure you'll do great!
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby miss_ashley » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:39 am

thank you..! yes last time my dr checked me ihad started dilating already and my cervix was soft but it just wasnt thinning i guess? not sure.she explained it to me but i was thinking amillion things at once..but since then the mucus plug has started coming out (TMI SORRY!) LOL..so im hoping the little progress i have made is enough to make it alittle smoother! :?
miss_ashley
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BeccaM » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:10 pm

miss_ashley wrote:thank you..! yes last time my dr checked me ihad started dilating already and my cervix was soft but it just wasnt thinning i guess? not sure.she explained it to me but i was thinking amillion things at once..but since then the mucus plug has started coming out (TMI SORRY!) LOL..so im hoping the little progress i have made is enough to make it alittle smoother! :?

Sounds like your body is getting ready and not totally closed up yet! That's good news. Hoping all goes (or went) well! :fingersx:
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Labor & Delivery