Vbac PLEASE!

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Vbac PLEASE!

Postby stobie1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi we will be trying for #2 soon and all I can think about is how much I want a vbac! I was induced and dialated completely but because I have scoliosis they wasn't able to give me the epi so I was in labor for 36 hrs so when I was ready to push I was to tired to push effectively on top of that I had to be put completely under and dh wasn't allowed in surgery room when sec was done so totally missed out completely!!! But I use the indians for pregnancy because they are free and I was told they don't do vbac : ( is there some way I can protest? I don't have the money for private pay I was thinking lol what if I just completely refused the sec lol I mean what can they really do?? Help advice pls!!!!
Me: Stormie 29
Dh: Branden 29
DD: Naomi 5 yrs old
TTC #2 for 8 months before BFP EDD MARCH 9th!

C-section scheduled for March 4th!!

stobie1
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby mamay » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:38 pm

If any Dr of mine tried to pressure me into a section (unless it was medically necessary) I always planned on scheduling the section but just not showing up for it. I mean they can't MAKE you check in, right? If I were you I'd labor at home as long as possible and go into the hpspital at the lest minute. I would labor in the parking lot and have someone wheel me into the ER as the baby was crowing if it meant getting my VBAC. :) (Provided it was safe for the baby.)
Melissa (31) DH (40) DSS (9 ) DD (3) and Pumpkin #3 baking!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Beta #1- 741
Beta #2- 1483- less than 24 hours doubling time!
mamay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Thia » Wed May 23, 2012 11:22 pm

I would start with the ICAN website. International Cesarean Awareness Network. They have local chapters everywhere in the US. Plus there are a ton of resources available to learn HOW to birth/VBAC and stories of those who've been in your situation.

Personal: I live by 3 hospitals that have a NO VBAC policy. Unless you are 9cm and pushing, it's not going to happen. I'll be driving 50+ miles away to deliver at a hospital that will "allow a trial of labor after cesarean." We are planning to book a hotel close to the hospital and hire a doula. I too cannot afford a Midwife. Otherwise I'd stay home. I've read SEVERAL stories, and know 2 women who have had a homebirth after 1 section.

If you'd like more websites and/or book recommendations, just ask. I have them bookmarked ;)
ME~38 DH~46 *Endometriosis **DS1 '97, DS2 '99! both no meds
**M/C 05/08 ~BFP 10/28/08~M/C 11/7/08
BFP 4/14/09 11dpo = Baby Boy Born 12/09 **another m/c 08/11
Now on to charting another Pregnancy!
BFP 3/10/12! BETAS>12DPO=184; 14DPO=495; 18DPO=3414

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/203aa6
Thia
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Labor & Delivery