Hoping for a VBAC, positive stories from anyone?

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Hoping for a VBAC, positive stories from anyone?

Postby caqtcake143 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:54 am

I had a VBAC with my daughter because she was breech and this time am hoping for a VBAC. I am currently 35 weeks and baby is head down soothe only thing stopping me would be if I didn't go into labor on my own since I cannot be induced. I did go ino labor with my daughter....
Anyone ever been through this? Outcome you can share? Any pointers on getting myself to go into labor?
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: Hoping for a VBAC, positive stories from anyone?

Postby caqtcake143 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:55 am

I'm sorry, I meant I had a CESAREAN with my daughter because he was breech....
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Canjer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:51 am

stalking!
I had a C-section with my DD due to her being breech and I never even went into labour from the get-go.
I am thinking of a VBAC this round so, interested in hearing what others have to say- and then hopefully following your birth story in a few weeks ;)
Mama to 2 and cheering on my "MM mommies"
Canjer
Star Member
Star Member

Postby AngelaW85 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:44 am

I've had 2 successful VBACs. The one with DS2 my water had broken. I was supposed to have a homebirth, but my water was broken for too long and labor hadn't started. So we transferred to the hospital and finally labor kicked into overdrive. And after 3 hours of natural drug free labor- he was born. One of the most empowering experiences of my life. Even after everyone doubted that I could do it and after being told that my "uterus doesn't work" (stupid MIL), I still did it. And it went perfectly. DS2 had his hand by his head and they say that's why labor didn't start right away. The best part, to me, was the pushing. I only pushed for just under 30 mins and I remember the nurses trying to get me to stop pushing bc the doctor wasn't there yet. Yeah right. That wasn't happening. It was like a freight train coming down the tracks. The doctor had just sat down on the chair and wheeled over to me and caught DS2. It went so fast and so perfectly.

With DS3, it went just as quickly and I did it naturally/drug free, too. I took vitamin E during my pregnancy to make my bag of waters stronger and it worked. My water didn't break till he was coming out. I also drank a ton of raspberry leaf and nettle leaf tea from 27 weeks and on and I think that made the pushing stage go really fast. Anyway, the early labor contractions started extremely early that day. I knew from DS2's birth that when I see bloody show, it's time to go to the hospital bc in 3-4 hours the baby will be here. I remember when DH was signing us in or whatever at the front desk in the triage, I was pacing back in forth in my own world. The nurse was like, "I don't even have to ask if you're in labor!". Anyway, they brought me to the triage room and checked me and I was a 5. When I got to my room, I was a 7. When my doctor came in, I was an 8 and then like a few mins later, I felt like I needed to push and I was complete. That all happened in around 3 hours. I pushed for around 10 mins and he came flying out. I remember my doctor saying that he was supposed to meet his mom at 10am for breakfast and that he was probably going to make it bc my labor was so fast, lol.

Both of my labors went so smoothly and they were very fast. Hopefully I can have at least one more successful VBAC! I hope my stories encourage you ladies to have the birth you want (barring any complications, of course). My only suggestions is to wait at home as long as possible and to do it naturally if you can. Also, move around! Get a birth/exercise ball and sit on it. Good luck ladies! :-D
Me, Angela- 28 :kiss: DH, Sean- 32
DS1 '05, DS2 '07, DS3 '10- My 2nd VBAC! :hb:

Our little girl is here! Baby Laila was born 7/17/13 via cesarean, after 36 hours unmedicated labor!
She was 7lbs 14oz and 19in long! :hb:

AngelaW85
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mom_of_3 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:30 am

I have had 2 successful VBAC's. My first was section due to breech. She was very small and I am convinced I could have had her Vag but oh well.. first time mommy. My second was a large boy 9.5lbs and I had him medicated VBAV, my plan was to go natrual but the hospital and on call OB forced me to have an epi and it was AWFUL and he got stuck cuz I was stuck on my back for 16hours but turned out ok. She OB suggested if I have anymore I have a section cuz it would get stuck. Then I got smart!! I went to the oldest midwife I could find and she was a god send!!! She let me go to 41 weeks (I go over) and My water broke and 6.5 hours later I had my 9.6lb baby girl with room to spare.. My midwife and hubby made it an amazing experiance and i trusted my body.. I had a hep lock IV and HATED the stupid painful thing it was worse than the natural birth of my baby!! This time around I am planning another hospital natural birth with a Midwife... if you really want a VBAC I suggest going with a midwife or a super supportive OB but I have yet to find one of those... Don't let them push you into anything it is YOUR body. If you go past 40 weeks that is just fine son't let them break your water.. you will have a LONG labor cuz your body isn't ready (happened with DS 24 hrs) Just trust that you CAN do this.
PS My mom had 6 sectiong and my older sis has had 4 so I was discouraged that I would end up the same.... you can do it just make sure to be up and moving as much as you can and don't go to hospital till you are in full blown labor.. they push and push those drugs!!
DD 1/22/07 6.6lbs C-Section
DS 3/12/09 9.5 lbs Medicated VBAC
DD2 4/12/11 9.6lbs Natural VBAC in Hospital with Midwife
EDD 8/7/13 Planning Natural VBAC with midwife.. not sure where yet

ME 28
DH 29

mom_of_3
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby darkchocolate » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:04 pm

I just had a VBAC three weeks ago. My first OBGYN was great... he really believed in me, then I moved to NC and started going to another OBGYN clinic and the whole time they tried to scare me saying that I had too much against me and I'd more than likely have a repeat C-Section. They said I was obese, had gestational diabetes, didn't labor with my previous pregnancy and had a previous cesarian so all of those factors only gave me a 40% chance of having a VBAC. I was determined and did a lot of research and empowerment and praying. My water broke on a tuesday and I tried laboring at home for as long as possible, but then by Wednesday afternoon without any labor I called in to talk to the nurse and she told me I had GBS and had to go in, so I did. 48 hours later still nothing so I went ahead and started the induction on Thurs, but I was feeling defeated like I should just go ahead and have a c-section since that's probably going to end up what will happen anyway. But I prayed about and just went with the flow. I got an epidural and didn't feel anything. At 9:30pm Thurs night I felt the urge to push but the nurse didn't believe me. This went on for three hours. I had never had labor before so I didn't know what to expect, plus I was really numb from the epidural. But in the in between my babys heartbeat was dipping and they were thinking something was wrong with the machine so they wanted to come in and put a monitor on the babys head to get an accurate heartbeat. At 12:15am the morning of July 5 they came in to put the monitor on, but the moment they opened my legs the babys head was out and she slid right out. I am so grateful that she was okay! I still worry that her crowning for so long might have hurt something, but she seems to be a healthy happy baby and I have to put my faith in God and trust that the process was the way it was for a reason.

Good luck!! You can do it.
BFP on 11/7/12
My age: 34 & DH 24
We are both college students.
We have an SEO biz we do together.
JuicePlus+ Distributer (great 4 prenatal)
DS Gregory 8/3/04 - 2/13/05
DD Isabella Rose born July 5th, 2013!!

darkchocolate

Postby Pixiepin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:11 am

I had a successful VBAC with induction....

My first was a section due to faliure to progress and a distressed baby. It turned out he was tangled in his cord and couldnt get to my cervix.

I was adamant that I was going to have no.2 naturally.

I had to be induced because of pre. e so things didnt really look that hopeful but I was stubborn.

My second boy was born 18 hrs later after alot of fight on my side not to go into theatre.
I wasnt progressing so the dr examined and realised he was in the wrong position. 2 hrs after that he was born.
He ended up with ventouse because his heart was a little too fast and they wanted to act quick but apart from that it went really well....

my main questions thrroughout were:
is the baby ok ?
and
is my scar ok ?

with the answer being yes to both I stood my ground.

Good luck ... hope all goes fantastic for you xxxxxx
Me -35
Ds1-5
Ds2- 2
7 angel babies - (last one 1/1/14)

Pregnant with baby no3 4 months after m/c.
Edd 6th Jan 2015... Team green !!!
Pixiepin
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Labor & Delivery