Back Labor.

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Back Labor.

Postby texasgirl8911 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:28 pm

Ftm here..Does back labor feel like cramps in your lower back? How do you know when to go to the hospital? Does your water always break?

I've been having lower back pain for a couple of weeks now. Sometimes its really bad. I've been having a hard time sitting,standing and laying on my left side my back aches. I've been having braxton hicks more over the last couple of days and there spread out. My stomach gets hard then I get a cramping pain in my lower back. Sometimes is the other way around back to front.
Branson Chanse 1/17/13 7lb 7oz 20inchs
DH 27 Me 24 Married since 6/9/12
texasgirl8911
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Back Labor.

Postby Cayman4 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:03 pm

For me back labor was sharp shooting pains across my lower back. But if you are getting low back pain and your stomach is tightening it might be a contraction. If the contractions are consistent and painful and no matter what position you are in they don't go away you might be in labor. I would time them then.

Also, no not everyone's water breaks. I had to have mine broken when I was in labor with DS. Your doctor should tell you at what point they want you to go to the hospital. I think mine said contractions every 5 or so minutes lasting over an hour consistently. But every doctor is different. And if you aren't sure if you should go or not, call your doctor and let them tell you what to do.

Good luck and you are so close!
Me: 34 DH: 37 DS: 3 DD: Born 8/31/12

Benjamin Thomas born on 12/4/09, 7 lbs. 13 oz., 20 in.

Alexa Michelle born on 8/31/12, 8 lbs. 1 oz., 20 1/2 in.

Cayman4

Postby JanuaryMama » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:43 pm

Like PP said... time your contractions. Most hospitals say contractions 5 mins apart for an hour. That being said my labour came on very quickly. My labour started with contractions at 7 or so minutes apart. Then quickly sped up. You will know when you need to go to the hospital. Real contractions won't go away with rest, a nice warm shower etc. Listen to your body. If something doesnt feel right go get checked out!
JanuaryMama
Star Member
Star Member

Postby KJ511 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:32 am

I didn't even realize I was having contractions at first--I had to actually place my hand on my stomach to feel the tightening. My labor was soooo long! I started having contractions on Saturday and DD was born on Tuesday, but the contractions didn't get intense until Monday night. My real contractions didn't go away either but I was sent home from the hospital twice. I was having regular contractions but they were not dilating me at all. If this is your first time you might not actually know when it's time to get to the hospital! Everyone is different! Call the L&D department and let them know what is going on. They will tell you if you should come in and get checked out!
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

The Zebra family! :)
KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Labor & Delivery