Delivery Gown

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Delivery Gown

Postby coastieschick » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Has anyone bought/made a delivery gown for the hospital? I wanted one with DS but they were just coming out so really $$$ and I didn't have a sewing machine. Now I could buy one super cheap or just make my own. I don't think it'd be an issue b/c I was in my hospital gown for a bit after I delivered DS and don't remember it being stained or anything, but what I'm wondering is if you had one did it get ruined????
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Delivery Gown

Postby KJ511 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:16 am

I got one and never even wore it! I was so disappointed afterward. But my labor was crazy--I got to the hospital throwing up with my contractions and they admitted me and gave me an epidural within 45 minutes of my arrival. By the time I got the epi of course I couldn't go change since I couldn't walk anymore! :P At the time I didn't care, but now I wish I'd have had a chance to wear it. It is so beautiful and hot pink! I am saving it for next time though! :) The one I ordered, the company said to just throw it away after delivery and not waste time or chemicals washing it. But I'm not a thrower-awayer of clothes in general so I'd totally wash it.

If you want a gown, go for it! I think it would have made me feel a heck of a lot cuter. And the cut of my gown would have made it much easier for me to BF my daughter.
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

The Zebra family! :)
KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby coastieschick » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:55 pm

YES! I'm thinking it'll be worth it just for that, I was a tangled mess in the hospital one and it basically had 2 giant holes in the front so my bra is showing in some photos :/
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alesa83 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:35 am

The hospital I delivered at didn't allow you to use anything other than their gowns during labor and delivery but I was able to put my own on after.
:angel: Lorelai 2-13-07@32wks 5days lived 18minImage
:babyg: Madelynne 5-3-09@ 37wks
:babyb: Elijah 5-20-11@ 37wks 2d
:babyg: Annabelle 8-27-13@ 36wks 5d

ImageImage
Alesa83
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby meganmarie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:36 am

At first, I thought this was kind of a dumb idea, but after looking at them on Ebay, I'm thinking I want one! The jersey knit ones are cute and look so much more comfortable than the gross hospital ones. I was always so hot in them and they never seem to tie right. So I think I'll get one and wear it whether the hospital wants me to or not! What are they going to do, cut it off me??? :)
Team Green!

DD is 7, DS is 4

meganmarie
Angel
Angel

Postby Kodak2057 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:31 am

If never heard of these! But I kinda like the idea, I was thinking its stupid, why do I care what I look like? But these will be pictures that will stay with us forever! May as well look ok as possible :) I think (once I reach 20 weeks, don't wanna jinx it!) I'll look into getting one too.
Kodak2057
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KJ511 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Here's the one I have--got it in pink. Just in case anyone was interested, and these are pretty cheap! Like I said, I didn't wear it, but I'm definitely saving it for #2! Here's hoping my labor goes much better the second time around! ;)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WA ... UTF8&psc=1
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby coastieschick » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:22 pm

http://www.gownies.com/index.php/delive ... -1-42.html

this is the one I'm looking into getting ;)
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KJ511 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:16 am

That one is really cute!!!
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Vinerunner » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:20 pm

My DH bought me a birthing gown from Birthinggown.com. It was dark blue with light blue trim. SO super soft. I got tons of complements from all the nurses and Drs. It did get dirty, has one or two stains, but has been awesome as a nursing gown now that I am home. I will definitely get another one if I have another child. It was a little expensive though, but totally worth it in my book. I plan on using it as long as I'm nursing.
Me-38 DH-37
Aug 2008-Began TTC
DD- Eva; 20 Mar 2013; 6lbs 10 oz
Mar 2014-TTC again
BFP-4 Sep 14!
It's a BOY!!!!
Vinerunner
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:55 am

My outfit was the last thing on my mind during labour!

Might be nice to have something a bit nice and comfy This time round, I just wore one of DP's t shirts and comfy track pants.
My waters were quite impressive ( even the midwives thought so lol) so my trackies were good for nothin after that hahaha my concern would be soaking my gown before the actual delivery!! Might need to invest in 2 just incase
Sorry if that's tmi for anyone lol

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Lillizzy85 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:39 pm

Tmi warning, I had a standard hospital gown. Don't remember even getting changed into it. But I threw up alot during labor as well as my waters continually leaking after they broke. I ended up with an emergency c section and when I woke up my gown was covered in blood from my incision.
It doesn't hurt to buy one, but be prepared if the gown gets trashed.
Me 30 dh 38
DD1 7
DD2 2

Lillizzy85
Star Member
Star Member

Postby AmberLoo1022 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:19 am

I love this idea. Coastieschick I might be going with the same one you are. I love it! It looks so super comfy! And I love how long it is.
ImageImageImageImage
AmberLoo1022
Angel
Angel

Postby Dani's Mom » Tue May 21, 2013 2:17 pm

My MIL bought me a gown that had a matching baby gown with it. She also bought a bed jacket. I did not use either of them. It made more sense for me to use the hospital gown, who cares if that got all nasty. :D Plus who knows what would happen to a nice gown if you needed to go in for an emergency c-section. Clothes are the least of their worries.

I just wore yoga pants and regular shirts in the postpartum room. Nothing fancy for me, all I cared about was being comfy. I plan on doing the same this time around.

Dani's Mom
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Labor & Delivery