NO EPIDURAL

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: NO EPIDURAL

Postby alliee » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:17 am

I am planning on "no plan" and seeing how I feel. Would like no epi, but if I need one, I am okay with it! Mostly, I am terrified of tearing...

alliee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby KJ511 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:53 am

alliee wrote:I am planning on "no plan" and seeing how I feel. Would like no epi, but if I need one, I am okay with it! Mostly, I am terrified of tearing...

I think this is a good attitude toward it. That way you don't feel disappointed if you end up with the epi, but if you're able to get your goal that's awesome! Good luck! :D
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

The Zebra family! :)
KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alliee » Sat May 04, 2013 6:21 am

I also just found out (at yesterday's dr app) that you can request a local anthestic around your vagina area...kind of like a nov shot at the dentist. It just numbs that area when pushing is about to happen and is the same thing they use to stitch up any tears!

alliee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Keri37 » Thu May 16, 2013 3:51 am

Epidural scare me. I saw an epidural on tv and they put the needle in your spine. the needle isn't small. Just not for me. Look for the advantages and disadvantages on the internet. The only advantage is pain relief.
Me: 37 (Keri)
DH: 43
1 fur baby rat terrier (Amber)
BFP - 5/7/2014
Due - 1/13/2014
Keri37

Postby KJ511 » Thu May 16, 2013 10:31 am

Keri37 wrote:Epidural scare me. I saw an epidural on tv and they put the needle in your spine. the needle isn't small. Just not for me. Look for the advantages and disadvantages on the internet. The only advantage is pain relief.

Pain relief is a good enough advantage for me! ;) I was throwing up with my EARLY contractions--I was only dilated to 4 when I started having transition-type contractions--so I certainly benefited. I think another advantage I had is because I didn't experience all the pain of the earlier contractions, I was very strong and energetic when it came time to push. So I only had to push for about 25 minutes because I had so much energy and could hold the push longer. And I didn't see or feel the needle go into my spine so it didn't bother me one little bit! That said, I'll still try to not have one next time around, but if I feel serious pain like I did with DD I'll get another one.

Here's a very important point I want to make: Everyone must make her own decision when it comes to labor and delivery. You do what is best for you and what is best for your baby at the time, and that may change from minute to minute and from delivery to delivery. Don't let anyone judge you for the choices you make! Definitely do your best to not have an epi, because of COURSE you can do it! Women have been doing it for years. But if you choose to get one, you are NOT any less of a woman!!!
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alliee » Thu May 16, 2013 8:22 pm

Totally agree...it seems everybody/baby/birth is different! I have a friend who did not need one with her first, but did with the 2nd baby.

Right now, I am just looking forward to not being pregnant and meeting
our little guy!

Good luck everybody!

alliee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby KJ511 » Thu May 16, 2013 8:37 pm

alliee wrote:Totally agree...it seems everybody/baby/birth is different! I have a friend who did not need one with her first, but did with the 2nd baby.

Right now, I am just looking forward to not being pregnant and meeting
our little guy!

Good luck everybody!

You're so close! Let us know how it goes--can't wait to see pics either! :D
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby armywife1980 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:52 pm

I had my twins natural at 34weeks with one baby breech, # 3 and 4 I had epidurals. It seemed to take me longer to bounce back on the ones that I got the epi with. I'm going to get Hypnobabies a try and I have every intention of sticking it out for a natural birth this time. My last birth was induction and my husband was overseas and I just didn't cope well once I hit 6cm. He'll be home this time so I'm positive I can do it!
Brandie (33) DH (32) Twin Boys (15) DD#1 (11) DD#2 (1yr)
Alyssa Marie 7/20/12 @ 7lb 11oz & 21in long
armywife1980
Addicted
Addicted

Postby armywife1980 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:52 pm

lol wow guess I need to start looking at dates before I reply!
Brandie (33) DH (32) Twin Boys (15) DD#1 (11) DD#2 (1yr)
Alyssa Marie 7/20/12 @ 7lb 11oz & 21in long
armywife1980
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Serenity03 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:01 pm

I had 2 VBACS No epi. Or any pain meds.
I was very painful but worth it.

ImageImage
Serenity03

Previous

Return to Labor & Delivery